This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
Orange Sherbet Punch with Sprite is the perfect punch drink made with lemon and lime flavored Sprite soda, pineapple juice, and scoops of frozen orange sherbet, giving it that famous fizzy texture.
There is nothing better than a glass of classic chilled punch at a family gathering or special event. It’s the perfect mixture of tangy, creamy, and sweet that one glass is never enough.
Easy Orange Sherbet Punch with Sprite
Citrus flavors of lemon, lime, orange, and pineapple are so complimentary, but there is also a sweetness to the Sprite, sherbet, and pineapple juice that brings this sherbet punch together. Pineapple is great in the summer as it is naturally hydrating just like in our amazing Tropical Smoothie.
Bright and refreshing, this delicious drink is a great option for a baby or bridal shower, birthday party, or even a summer BBQ. You can even add alcohol to make it an adult fruit punch for events too!
Fruit drinks are great all year round though, so if you’re looking for some more ideas, check out our Cool Whip Berry Smoothie for some berry inspiration or our Apple Pie Smoothie for something a bit different.
Why We Love This Recipe For Orange Sherbet Punch with Sprite
- It’s so delicious and perfectly hydrating for summer.
- Quick and Easy: The total time it takes for this easy recipe is 2 minutes.
- Perfect for parties: This recipe easily serves 16, and when you run out it’s so quick to make an extra batch at the event.
- Flavor: Tangy citrus with fruity sweetness, it’s the perfect punch for summer.
- Great for adults and kids alike: Baby showers, birthday parties, potlucks, BBQs – anywhere that people drink really, is great for this punch!
- Customizable: This drink can be made with so many amazing flavors, check out variation suggestions below.
Made with simple ingredients you may already have at home, and should be available at your local grocery store.
- Sprite: You’ll need 2 liters
- 12 oz. pineapple juice
- 2 quarts orange sherbet
How To Make Orange Sherbet Punch
Step 1: Pour Sprite into a bowl.
- Add all 2 liters of Sprite to a large punch bowl.
Step 2: Add pineapple juice.
- Add both cans of pineapple juice to the Sprite in the punch bowl.
Step 3: Add scoops of orange sherbet to juice mix.
- Using an ice cream scoop, add scoops of orange sherbet into the liquid mix, add any decorative elements or garnishes and serve.
Suggestions and Alternatives
- Another citrus flavored soft drink work well in this punch, try orange soda for an intense orange flavored punch.
- Make this recipe Vegan by using a plant based sherbet or sorbet. It’s already gluten-free.
- Add scoops of vanilla ice cream to your punch for a creamier drink mix.
- Alcohol such as vodka, and rum (especially coconut rum) would work well to make this an adult-only drink.
- Garnish with slices of citrus fruit. Orange, lime, and lemon all work well, you can even add some mint for garnish on top.
- Make your Halloween party extra exciting this year with a spooky lime sherbet punch recipe by adding lime sherbet instead of orange.
Tips for Making This Recipe
- Chill the Sprite and pineapple juice before preparing this punch.
- Make pineapple ice cubes with some of the pineapple juice to keep the punch chilled after making it, especially if you’re serving it in a warm environment.
What Other Soda Goes Well in Sherbet Punch?
You can use any brand of lemon lime soda for the same kinds of flavors as this recipe like 7UP or a store’s own brand. Ginger ale is great in this punch as well and adds a spiced kick to the drink. Any other citrus soda would work well here, and you could use orange soda for a more intense orange flavor of punch.
Can I Use a Different Flavor of Sherbet?
Yes! Any fruity flavor would go well with Sprite and pineapple, just choose your favorite one, or use whatever you already have in the freezer.
What’s the Difference Between a Sorbet and Sherbet?
While very similar, the difference is the dairy content. Sorbet doesn’t contain any dairy, whereas sherbet has some cream in it and therefore tastes creamier.
What Should I Serve with Orange Sherbet Punch?
We usually serve this punch at a large gathering, so there would be appetizers and snacks, maybe BBQ foods too.
Is Orange Sherbet Punch Alcoholic?
This is a non-alcoholic drink, though you can add alcohol to this recipe to make a cocktail punch. Champagne goes well in this drink as does vodka or rum, especially coconut rum to give it a warm coconut flavor.
How Should I Serve this Punch?
Serve orange sherbet punch in a punch bowl with a ladle, in a drink dispenser, or in a large pitcher, and set cups on a table for people to serve themselves. To ensure the punch stays cool, chill the Sprite and pineapple juice for several hours before making the punch. Serve with orange slices or slices of other citrus fruit for decoration. You can add mint as a garnish.
Additionally, you can make pineapple juice ice cubes. Adding pineapple ice cubes means that your drink stays chilled without diluting it with water. To do this, pour pineapple juice into ice cube trays up to ⅔ full (as the juice will expand when frozen) and place it in the freezer for at least 12 hours to fully freeze. Add to the punch before the sherbet.
How Do I Store This Recipe?
Orange Sherbet Punch is best served the same day but will last in the fridge for 2-3 days in an airtight container, or covered in plastic wrap, though it may lose its fizz. If you want to pre-make this perfect punch, just add the Sprite and pineapple juice together in an airtight container, keep it in the fridge, and add the scoops of orange sherbet to the punch bowl right before serving.
More Fun Drink Recipes
- Cool Whip Berry Smoothie
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Frosted Sunrise
- Copycat Chick-fil-A Frosted Lemonade
- Green Jello Shots
- Kool-Aid Slushies
- Mango Pineapple Tropical Smoothie
- Fruity Pebbles Milkshake
- Apple Pie Smoothie
Orange Sherbet Punch with Sprite
- 2 liters Sprite
- 12 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 quarts orange sherbet
- Add Sprite to a punch bowl.
- Add each can of pineapple juice.
- Using an ice cream scoop, add scoops of orange sherbet into the liquid mix and serve!
- Chill the Sprite and Pineapple juice before preparing this punch.
- Make pineapple juice ice cubes with some of the pineapple juice to keep the punch chilled after making it, especially if you’re serving it in a warm environment.
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.