This Copycat Chick-fil-A Frosted Lemonade is made with just 2 simple ingredients that’s a perfect creamy lemonade on a hot summer day. If you’re looking for a drink mix that is a perfect cross between a slushie and float, this is it. It tastes exactly like what you’d buy at Chick-fil-A at a fraction of the cost.
Copycat Chick-fil-A Frosted Lemonade
Copycat Chick-fil-A Frosted Lemonade is one of my favorite hot weather drinks. I get it after a day at the pool in the summertime. But you can make this homemade version that will taste just as good as the real thing. You’re also going to want to try our Copycat Chick-fil-A Frosted Sunrise made with orange juice! It’s another one of my favorite summer drink recipes that you’re going to love.
You might also like our Homemade Popsicles: Lemon Blueberry Popsicles as well.
I’m a fan of pretty much anything from Chick fil A. A cold frosted lemonade with some hot and crispy waffle fries are one of my guilty pleasures I just have to indulge in on occasion. The thing I love most about that company is not only are they super friendly, but they also just have a solid menu and know good flavors and how to make them. I mean, have you EVER tasted a better chicken sandwich in your life?
But back to the lemonade! After that very first sip of their frosted lemonade recipe, I pretty much knew that I had to have a way to make it at home anytime I wanted. I had no idea at the time that the recipe required only two ingredients that you can find at your local grocery store! A couple of cups ice cream and one cup lemonade, that you either get from the store or make yourself, and that’s all it takes!
💓Why We Love This Recipe
- It’s the perfect drink combination of lemonade and a milkshake! It’s a great way to cool off on a hot summer day.
- As much as I love Chick-fil-A, I am not a fan of not knowing exactly what ingredients are used to make my food. So anytime I can make my own recipe at home, using good quality ingredients I know, any chance I get.
- It’s always cheaper to make my own chick-fil a lemonade at home versus paying someone else to do it at the restaurant.
What’s Needed to make Copycat Chick fil a Frosted Lemonade
- Lemonade (I used Simply Lemonade)
- Vanilla bean ice cream (I used Bryer’s)
- Fresh Lemons, for garnish
How To Make Copycat Chick-fil-A Frosted Lemonade
Step One: Blend Ingredients
In a blender, add the lemonade, then the vanilla ice cream. If your blender has an ice cream button, use that. If not, blend on low speed for about 15 seconds, then medium for 30 seconds.
Step Two: Pour and Serve
Pour into the lemonade mixture in a glass and give it a good stir, then garnish with a slice of lemon.
The creamy vanilla ice cream mixes perfectly with the fresh lemonade and makes the perfect treat. The lemonade flavors incorporate into the ice cream making a creamy drink. It’s almost like a soft serve ice cream that you drink from a cup instead of a cone.
Do You Have to Freeze This Recipe Before Serving?
You actually don’t but you can if you want. The ice cream paired with the lemonade gives it that nice chill texture that you’re going to want so I think you’ll be quite pleased with that.
It also means that you don’t have to wait for this drink to set up in the freezer before eating, either! Total bonus.
Can You Freeze this Drink for Later?
You bet. Since it’s just lemonade and ice cream, you can easily pop it in the freezer for later without any type of issues or concern.
Tips for the Best Frozen Lemonade
- Use Simply Lemonade – this is what we’re told Chick-fil-A uses in their recipe. You can certainly use a frozen lemonade or a lemonade concentrate, but we love the fresh lemon flavor of Simply Lemonade. You can also make your own but who has time for that when you can get a great tasting store-bought brand like this one.
- Blend the ingredients well – The frosty should be nice and smooth so do your best to get rid of any type of chunks. Use a good blender if you have one. We love our Blentec.
- Put your glass in the freezer before serving – Putting this into a frosty glass or mug will keep it cooler for longer, plus it gives the glass a nice frosty effect!
- Add more lemon flavor- The added lemon slice is a nice touch, but if you like a really intense lemon flavor, you can add a little bit of real lemon juice and some fresh lemon zest to the ice cream mixture.
Suggestions and Alternatives
Have fun and change up the ingredients any way you want. It won’t be a copycat version, but who cares if you love it!
- Change the flavor of lemonade – Try another flavor of lemonade to change up the taste.
- Change the flavor of ice cream – Same concept. Different ice cream flavor, different overall flavor. You can even use sugar free ice cream if you prefer.
- Diet lemonade – you can try the diet lemonade in this recipe but know the flavor will be slightly different based on the artificial sweetener used.
- Whipped cream – if you want to make this over the top, add a little whipped cream to the top!
- Fresh lemon juice – you can use our recipe for fresh lemonade instead of store bought.
Fun Ways to Serve this Frosty Lemonade Recipe
This frosty beverage is always a hit – especially on a hot day. It’s perfect to serve at BBQs, summer gatherings, and even birthday parties!
Although it’s good any time of year, it’s one of our favorite summer drinks. This is also a fun drink recipe for baby showers or just a nice weekend sweet treat at home. This copycat recipe is just as good as the restaurant version — you won’t even notice the difference.
If you love lemon, try some of our other lemon desserts like our lemon pie, and lemon bars.
More Delicious Copycat Drink Recipes
Copycat Chick-fil-A Frosted Lemonade
- 1 cup lemonade
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- sliced lemons, for garnish
- In a blender, add the lemonade, then the ice cream. If your blender has an ice cream button, use that. If not, blend on low speed for about 15 seconds, then medium for 30 seconds.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on @thebalancingmom and follow on Tiktok @balancingmotherhood and Pinterest @thebalancingmom for more!
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.
Comments & Reviews
What’s the measurements?