This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
This copycat Chick-Fil-A Frosted Sunrise drink is a perfect creamy orange milkshake for a hot summer day. It’s similar to Chick-fil-A’s Frosted Lemonade just with fresh orange flavor!
Chick-fil-A Frosted Sunrise
We love frosted drinks in the summer and Chick-fil-A has the best ones in town! But you can make them at home for a fraction of the cost. You just need two ingredients! Easy enough to keep on hand so you can whip this up any time you want.
Chick-fil-A only offers the Frosted Sunrise drink is a seasonal offering for a limited time, usually in the spring to early summer so having the recipe on hand lets you enjoy this sweet treat any time of year.
Be sure to try our Copycat Chick-fil-A frosted lemonade too!
You just need two simple ingredients.
- 1 cup Orange Juice (use Simply Orange Juice)
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream (we use Breyer’s)
- sliced oranges, for garnish
- In a blender, add the orange juice, then the vanilla ice cream. If your blender has an ice cream button, use that. If not, blend on low speed for about 15 seconds, then medium for 30 seconds. Use a rubber spatula to remove it from the sides of the blender.
- Pour into a glass and add an orange slice or orange wedge for garnish.
- The creamy vanilla ice cream mixes perfectly with the fresh orange juice and makes the perfect treat.
- The orange juice meld into the ice cream making a smooth and creamy drink. It’s like a drinkable soft serve ice cream!
- Pulp-free orange juice – we use Simply Orange Juice because we hear that’s the brand that Chick-fil-A uses. If you use a pulp version of orange juice, your frosted sunrise will be lumpy.
- Blend the ingredients well – The frosty should be nice and smooth so do your best to get rid of any type of chunks. Use a good blender if you have one. We love our Blentec.
- Put your glass in the freezer before serving – Putting this into a frosty glass or mug will keep it cooler for longer.
- Frosted strawberry lemonade – buy the strawberry lemonade and use that in place of the orange juice.
- Whipped cream – if you want to make this over the top, add a little whipped cream to the top!
- Fresh orange juice – you can use our recipe for fresh orange juice instead of store bought. You can also squeeze some fresh orange juice in just before blending.
Can I Freeze This if I have Leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze it, but you might want to let it thaw a bit and put it back in the blender to make sure it mixes together again.
Fun Ways to Serve this Sunrise Copycat Recipe
This frosty beverage is always a hit – especially on a hot day. It’s perfect to serve at BBQs, summer gatherings, while relaxing at the pool, and even birthday parties! Although it’s good any time of year, it’s one of our favorite summer drinks. The sunrise beverage combines the old-fashioned vanilla taste with fresh oranges for perfect creamy milkshakes.
This copycat recipe is just as good as the restaurant version — you won’t even notice the difference.
This is a great summer drink.
Want More Copycat Recipes?
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- sliced oranges for garnish
- In a blender, add the Orange Juice, then the ice cream.
- If your blender has an ice cream button, use that. If not, blend on low speed for about 15 seconds, then medium for 30 seconds.