This no bake cherry cheesecake is such an easy and amazing no bake dessert. The combination of a graham cracker crust with creamy cheesecake filling, then topped with cherry pie filling makes this classic dessert irresistible.
This cheesecake is perfect for the person whose always wanted to conquer cheesecake, but doesn’t want all the hard work traditional baked cheesecake recipes require. This version is so simple that anyone can make it. And, the best part is that it tastes just like a cheesecake that takes twice as long to make!
This no bake cheesecake is a classic recipe that will have your guests raving. Every time I serve it, I get asked for the recipe. Guests think it’s hard to make until I explain that it’s a no bake recipe with just a few ingredients (many that you have in your pantry right now)
Ever since the first time I made this cheesecake recipe, I’ve never gone back to the harder to make versions.. It’s a staple in our house and will become one in yours too.
Table of Contents
You will love this No Bake Cherry Cheesecake
I love this recipe. People think cheesecake is hard to make, but this version couldn’t be easier and it’s foolproof. Just a few simple ingredients like cream cheese and whipped topping make the most incredible cheesecake layer.
Top it with cherry pie filling and it’s the best cheesecake dessert!
I make this for my own family and family gatherings. If you have a large family at holidays or celebrations you might want to make two. It goes fast! It doesn’t take much time for the cheesecake to set, so it’s a great dessert.
This no bake cherry cheesecake dessert is a great potluck recipe too because it’s in an easy portable disk and is cut in bar shapes.
Cherry Cheesecake Recipe Ingredients
For the crust:
- graham crackers – you’ll need a sleeve, about 9
- sugar – only 2 tablespoons, but this is what helps glue the crust in place
- salt – helps counter the sweetness
- butter – use unsalted. It’s melted and creates a glue for the graham crackers
For the cheesecake layer:
- cream cheese – use two whole blocks of softened cream cheese
- powdered sugar – this adds sweetness without the graininess of granulated sugar
- whipped topping – one container of frozen whipped topping like Cool Whip, thawed
- vanilla extract– adds tons of flavor
- lemon juice – use a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- cherry pie filling – one can of cherry pie filling. You can also make your own homemade cherry pie filling.
How to make Cherry Cheesecake
Skip the traditional springform pan and line an 8×8 square baking dish with parchment paper, letting the parchment fold over two sides of the dish. This will allow you to pull the cheesecake out of the pan later.
Step One: Make the Graham Cracker Crust
In food processor, pulse graham crackers until they are small crumbles. If you don’t have a food processor, put the crackers in a zip top back and hit them with a mallet or other kitchen object.
In medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, salt, and melted butter.
Press the graham mixture into bottom layer of the baking dish, pressing until firm. Place in refrigerator to chill while you make the cheesecake filling.
Step Two: Make the Cream Cheese Filling
In a separate bowl, with electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese until soft, mix in powdered sugar, vanilla, and lemon. Stir until smooth.
With a rubber spatula, fold in Cool Whip until combined and smooth.
Pour cream cheese filling on top of the graham cracker crust. Cover and chill in refrigerator for 4-6 hours or overnight.
Top with cherry pie filling before serving.
No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Recipe Variations
This is the perfect recipe, but you can swap things out to change it up.
- blueberry pie – change out the pie filling flavor to make a blueberry cheesecake
- fresh fruit – cut up fresh fruit to put on top of the cheesecake layer
- chocolate cookie crust – swap out Oreo cookies for the graham crackers to make an Oreo cookie crust.
Storing Easy Cherry Cheesecake
To store your no-bake cherry cheesecake in the refrigerator, cover it securely with plastic wrap or aluminum foil, or store in an air tight container. This prevents any absorption of odors from other foods in the refrigerator. Ensure it is placed on a level surface in the refrigerator to maintain its shape.
When stored properly in the refrigerator, your no-bake cherry cheesecake should keep for 3 to 4 days. However, for the best taste and texture, it’s ideal to consume it within the first 2 days. This will ensure that the flavors remain fresh and the cheesecake retains its creamy and rich texture.
Can You Freeze No Bake Cheesecake?
Yes, you can freeze this dessert, although to be honest I don’t think it will last long enough for you to need to freeze it. It will hold up in the refrigerator for nearly a week. If you still have some left and want to freeze it, just cover the completely chilled dish with plastic wrap and freeze.
Remove from freezer and let thaw in the refrigerator.
This Easy Cherry Cheesecake is perfect all year round!
This cheesecake is the perfect way to celebrate so many special occasions and holidays like Valentine’s Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, but because it’s no bake it’s great as a summertime dessert too! It’s creamy filling and cherry topping make the perfect dessert any time of year.
We love easy dessert recipes: try another great recipe, our strawberry pie
No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Recipe FAQs
This is no bake graham cracker crust. It just needs to be chilled for the butter to solidify with the graham cracker crumbs. Some recipes do bake it for a few minutes, but it’s not necessary.
There are a few possible reasons why your no-bake cherry cheesecake may still be soft:
Incorrect chilling time – If the cheesecake hasn’t been chilled for the recommended duration, it may not have set properly. Ensure you give it enough time to chill and set in the refrigerator as specified in the recipe.
Warm temperatures – If your kitchen is warm, the cheesecake might not set as firmly as it should. Ensure that the cheesecake is stored in a cool place and refrigerated promptly after preparation to allow it to set properly.
By paying attention to these factors, you can troubleshoot the softness of your no-bake cherry cheesecake and achieve the desired texture and consistency.
More No Bake Dessert Favorites
More Favorite’s From Balancing Motherhood
Cherry Cheesecake Recipe (No Bake)
For the crust:
- 9 graham crackers 1 sleeve
- 2 Tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 Tablespoons melted butter 1 stick, unsalted
For the cheesecake:
- 16 ounces cream cheese 2 blocks, softened
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip 1 container
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice fresh
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling 1 can
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper, letting the parchment fold over two sides of the dish. This will allow you to pull the cheesecake out of the pan later.
- In food processor, pulse graham crackers until they are small crumbles. If you don’t have a food processor, put the crackers in a zip top back and hit them with a mallet or other kitchen object.
- In medium-sized mixing bowl, place graham cracker crumbs, sugar, salt, and melted butter and mix to combine.
- Press graham graham mixture into bottom of the baking dish, pressing until firm. Place in refrigerator to chill while you make the cheesecake filling.
- With electric mixer beat cream cheese until soft, mix in powdered sugar, vanilla, and lemon. Stir until smooth.
- Fold in Cool Whip until combined and smooth.
- Pour cheesecake mixture on top of graham cracker crust. Smooth out with spatula. Cover and chill in refrigerator for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Top with cherry pie filling before serving.
What’s For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.