This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
This no bake cherry cheesecake is such an easy and amazing no bake dessert. The combination of a graham cracker crust with creamy cheesecake filling, then topped with cherry pie filling makes this classic dessert irresistible.
No Bake Cherry Cheesecake
I love this recipe. People think cheesecake is hard to make, but this version couldn’t be easier and it’s foolproof. Just a few simple ingredients like cream cheese and whipped topping make the most incredible cheesecake layer.
Top it with cherry pie filling and it’s the best cheesecake dessert!
I make this for my own family and family gatherings. If you have a large family at holidays or celebrations you might want to make two. It goes fast! It doesn’t take much time for the cheesecake to set, so it’s a great dessert.
This no bake cherry cheesecake dessert is a great potluck recipe too because it’s in an easy portable disk and is cut in bar shapes.
For the crust:
- graham crackers – you’ll need a sleeve, about 9
- sugar – only 2 tablespoons, but this is what helps glue the crust in place
- salt – helps counter the sweetness
- butter – use unsalted. It’s melted and creates a glue for the graham crackers
For the cheesecake layer:
- cream cheese – use two whole blocks of softened cream cheese
- powdered sugar – this adds sweetness without the graininess of granulated sugar
- whipped topping – one container of frozen whipped topping like Cool Whip, thawed
- vanilla extract– adds tons of flavor
- lemon juice – use a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- cherry pie filling – one can of cherry pie filling. You can also make your own homemade cherry pie filling.
How to Make No Bake Cherry Cheesecake
Skip the traditional springform pan and line an 8×8 square baking dish with parchment paper, letting the parchment fold over two sides of the dish. This will allow you to pull the cheesecake out of the pan later.
Step One: Make the Graham Cracker Crust
In food processor, pulse graham crackers until they are small crumbles. If you don’t have a food processor, put the crackers in a zip top back and hit them with a mallet or other kitchen object.
In medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, salt, and melted butter.
Press the graham mixture into bottom layer of the baking dish, pressing until firm. Place in refrigerator to chill while you make the cheesecake filling.
Step Two: Make the Cream Cheese Filling
In a separate bowl, with electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese until soft, mix in powdered sugar, vanilla, and lemon. Stir until smooth.
With a rubber spatula, fold in Cool Whip until combined and smooth.
Pour cream cheese filling on top of the graham cracker crust. Cover and chill in refrigerator for 4-6 hours or overnight.
Top with cherry pie filling before serving.
Can You Freeze No Bake Cheesecake?
Yes, you can freeze this dessert, although to be honest I don’t think it will last long enough for you to need to freeze it. It will hold up in the refrigerator for nearly a week. If you still have some left and want to freeze it, just cover the completely chilled dish with plastic wrap and freeze.
Remove from freezer and let thaw in the refrigerator.
Do I Need to Bake the Graham Cracker Crust?
This is no bake graham cracker crust. It just needs to be chilled for the butter to solidify with the graham cracker crumbs. Some recipes do bake it for a few minutes, but it’s not necessary.
Suggestions and Alternatives
This is the perfect recipe, but you can swap things out to change it up.
- blueberry pie – change out the pie filling flavor to make a blueberry cheesecake
- fresh fruit – cut up fresh fruit to put on top of the cheesecake layer
- chocolate cookie crust – swap out Oreo cookies for the graham crackers to make an Oreo cookie crust.
This cheesecake is the perfect way to celebrate so many special occasions and holidays like Valentine’s Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, but because it’s no bake it’s great as a summertime dessert too! It’s creamy filling and cherry topping make the perfect dessert any time of year.
We love easy dessert recipes: try another great recipe, our strawberry pie
More No Bake Dessert Favorites
No Bake Cherry Cheesecake
For the crust:
- 9 graham crackers 1 sleeve
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter unsalted, melted
For the cheesecake:
- 2 blocks 8 oz. each cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz. container Cool Whip
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice fresh
- 1, 21 oz. can cherry pie filling
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper, letting the parchment fold over two sides of the dish. This will allow you to pull the cheesecake out of the pan later.
- In food processor, pulse graham crackers until they are small crumbles. If you don’t have a food processor, put the crackers in a zip top back and hit them with a mallet or other kitchen object.
- In medium-sized mixing bowl, place graham cracker crumbs, sugar, salt, and melted butter and mix to combine.
- Press graham graham mixture into bottom of the baking dish, pressing until firm. Place in refrigerator to chill while you make the cheesecake filling.
- With electric mixer beat cream cheese until soft, mix in powdered sugar, vanilla, and lemon. Stir until smooth.
- Fold in Cool Whip until combined and smooth.
- Pour cheesecake mixture on top of graham cracker crust. Smooth out with spatula. Cover and chill in refrigerator for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Top with cherry pie filling before serving.
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.