Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip is the perfect appetizer for every gathering or party this season! This buffalo chicken dip is a taste of heaven with every bite. This crowd favorite appetizer combines chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch and cream cheese to make the perfect dish for any occasion. It is sure to be a hit at your next gathering!
This version of easy buffalo chicken dip is one of our favorite appetizers to take to any gathering! In fact, you know my family loves this cheesy dip recipe so much that I have sense adapted it into our buffalo chicken pasta recipe. No matter if it is a football tailgating party or a holiday gathering it’s the number 1 appetizer people love!
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
Easy buffalo chicken dip is so good and so easy to make. With very little prep and 20 minutes in the oven you can have a crowd pleasing appetizer ready to eat in 30 minutes!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
If you want to be the hit of the next gathering, then you definitely want to make this super simple buffalo chicken dip recipe. It is packed with flavor and easily adaptable to be keto friendly, it is always a hit at every party! Don’t be surprised if people are scraping the dish to eat every last bit!
And, if you love this dip, you’re doing to die for our warm and cheesy crack dip.
What’s My Favorite Part about This Recipe?
I have so many favorite reasons why I love this easy recipe. The first reason is that it is 5 simple ingredients. And what’s even better? Is that I usually always have on hand in the fridge and in the pantry. That way at any given minute I can whip up this crowd favorite appetizer for everyone to enjoy.
My other favorite part about this easy party dip is that is so simple to make! I mean with a few very basic steps your appetizer is prepped and in the oven!
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip Ingredients
• Canned Chicken – I know, who eats canned chicken anymore? But seriously, it is perfect for this recipe. It is the perfect amount of chicken and it is always ready. I always have canned chicken in the pantry so I can whip this up at a moment. If you prefer you can use cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken.
• Frank’s Buffalo Sauce – Frank’s buffalo sauce is the best. I always have an extra bottle in the pantry so we can make this recipe whenever we feel like it!
• Ranch Dressing – Ranch gives a coolness to the recipe. In fact, I have heard that it helps cool down the buffalo sauce a bit. I feel like it helps add to the creaminess of the dip.
• Cream Cheese – What dip is complete until you add cream cheese? Enough said!
• Cheddar Cheese – You can use any variety of cheddar cheese, I tend to use sharp for a more intense cheese flavor, but mild and medium work great too! Be sure to use a block of cheese and shred it yourself because it melts better than pre-shreded cheeses.
Should I Use Canned Chicken in Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Yes! Canned chicken works so well in this dip, so don’t be afraid to pop open the can and use it. Whenever I am using canned meats I do rinse the meat several times just because it has been sitting in the can for a bit.
If you prefer you can use chicken breasts or a rotisserie chicken or even boiled chicken for this dish.
Making Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
This buffalo chicken dip recipe really is so easy to make. It just takes a few minutes to prep and then you pop it in the oven for everyone to enjoy in less than 30 minutes.
How to Make Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Add chicken and buffalo sauce to a pan on the stove.
Stir to combine.
Mix in the ranch dressing and cream cheese.
Add ½ the cheese and stir until it is melted.
Pour into oven safe casserole dish.
Top with the remainder of cheese.
Cook for about 10-15 minutes or until easy buffalo chicken dip is bubbling.
Can I Convert This Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip to a Crockpot?
Yes, if you are hoping to make buffalo chicken dip in the crockpot it is so easy. Just add all the ingredients in the crockpot (saving ½ the cheese for the top) then cook on low for about 3-4 hours. Then give it a really good stir and then add the rest of the cheese. Once this cheese is melted turn your crockpot to keep warm. And Viola! Easy buffalo chicken dip in the crockpot.
Can I Make Buffalo Chicken Dip Ahead of Time?
Yes, if you want to prepare this dish the morning of you can get it all prepped and ready to go! It is best to combine and cook all the ingredients and then pour it into the oven safe casserole dish and then add the cheese. I would then cover it in foil and put it in the fridge.
About 30 minutes before you are going to cook the buffalo chicken dip, place it on the counter. Cook with the foil on for about 20 minutes and then remove the foil for about 10-15 minutes. You will know it is done when the dip is bubbling.
Can You Freeze Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Yes, if you have any leftovers from the buffalo chicken dip you can freeze it in a freezer-safe container.
When you are ready to enjoy again, just thaw and reheat in the microwave.
Is this Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip Keto Friendly?
Yes! This buffalo chicken dip appetizer is keto friendly! Rather than crackers and chips serve with vegetables to dip.
What Do I Serve with This Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe?
There are a variety of things you can serve with your buffalo chicken dip recipe such as
• Carrot sticks
• Celery sticks
• Crackers such as Wheat Thins or Ritz Crackers
• Chips like tortilla or corn chips
Alternatives To This Chicken Dip Recipe
- Replace the canned chicken with shredded rotisserie chicken. You can also easily boil a few chicken breasts and shred them. The canned chicken is super easy and fast, but either way this recipe is a winner.
- Add blue cheese. You can add about 1/2 cup of blue cheese crumbles into the dip before you bake it. This adds another flavor layer and mixes perfectly with the buffalo sauce.
Looking for other Appetizer Recipes?
Try these other popular appetizers:
- 1 can of chicken drained
- 1/2 cup buffalo hot sauce We use Frank's
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 1 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 to 1 cup sharp shredded cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degree F.
- In medium bowl, mix together ingredients until incorporated.
- Spray a 9x9 or 8x8 oven-safe baking dish.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and put in oven. Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove from oven and stir.
- Serve with corn chips, crackers, or celery/vegetables.