I love making easy desserts because they don’t take a lot of time, but yet everyone loves them. I typically make eclair cake, blueberry dump cake, or this simple banana split cake dessert when my family is feeling like having a fun dessert.
And, if you love banana desserts, you’ll love our banana pudding recipe. It’s a family recipe that’s been around for years and gets rave reviews.
No Bake Banana Split Cake
Ever since I started making this banana split cake dessert it has always been a crowd favorite wherever we take it. I mean combining graham crackers, a fluffy creamy filling with bananas, pineapple, whipped topping, and of course cherries, how could you ever go wrong?
And the best news is It’s 100% no bake! No more waiting for your dessert to cook, with just a few simple steps and setting time in the fridge you will be enjoying the best banana split cake recipe there is!
My Favorite Part of This Banana Split Cake Recipe?
My favorite part of this recipe is the fact that it is SO EASY to make, it is no bake, and does not contain coconut like many other banana split cake recipes do. Plus, the kids love the chocolate sauce and the cherries on top.
Banana Split Cake Recipe
This simple no bake dessert is perfect for any day of the week or any celebration. With how easy it is to make, it is the perfect dessert to teach your kids how to make too. It’s a great starter recipe – you really can’t fail with this recipe.
Easy Banana Split Cake Recipe Ingredients
Graham Crackers- The graham crackers are the base of this delicious banana split cake. This is what gives the dessert the crust that helps hold the whole thing together.
Butter – Who doesn’t love butter? This recipe does use quite a bit of butter between the crust and the filing. You can try to cut down on the amount of butter, but it really does tie the whole dessert together nicely.
Powdered Sugar – Use powdered sugar in this dessert because it really helps the filling be light and fluffy.
Vanilla – A dash of vanilla gives this recipe a more elevated flavor that is to die for.
Eggs – Although this dessert is no bake it does call for raw eggs. This is considered safe according to the CDC as long as they are pasteurized.
Bananas – You can’t have a banana split dessert without bananas. Loaded with potassium we can consider this dish healthy, right?
Cool Whip – Cool whip is the perfect topping for this dessert. Yes, you can make your own whipped cream, however it tends to become watery. So stick with cool whip so that your dessert lasts longer!
Pecans – I love pecans for this dessert. If you are not a fan of pecans you can trade it out for a different type of nut.
Crushed Pineapples – You can’t have a banana split without pineapple. Be sure to get crushed pineapple and drain it really well before adding it to your no bake banana split cake.
Maraschino cherries – Life is not complete without the cherry on top! Go ahead, add an extra cherry or two if you desire!
Chocolate sauce – Drizzle your favorite chocolate sauce on top of your banana split cake!
How to make Banana Split Cake
Making this no bake banana split cake does not get any easier.
- Grease your 13×9 baking dish.
- Blend your graham crackers and 5 Tablespoons of butter in your food processor. Pulsate and blend this until you have graham cracker fine crumbs.
- Spread the mixture on the bottom of your glass baking dish, and press down to form the crust. You can do this with a spatula, your hand, or a bottom of a cup.
- Beat together, in a large bowl, powdered sugar, 1 stick of melted butter and vanilla with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing in between.
- Beat this all together on medium speed until blended, up to 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture on top of the graham cracker crust and spread with a spatula.
- Slice bananas and cover the top of the fluffy mixture.
- Drain crushed pineapples. You want to make sure that you really drain all excess juice from the pineapples. Do this with your hand or a cheesecloth or strainer.
- Spread pineapples on top of the bananas.
- Top with Cool Whip and spread evenly.
- Add crushed pineapples and whole maraschino cherries.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce over your banana split cake dessert.
- Refrigerate. You may want to refrigerate overnight.
What Can I add to Banana Split Cake?
There are so many tasty things in this banana split cake recipe, but there is always room to add things. Try adding:
- Strawberry sauce
- Caramel sauce
- Different types of nuts
- Coconut or toasted coconut
- Chocolate chips
- Caramel chips
What Makes This Banana Split Cake Recipe Different Than Others?
Most banana split cake recipes use coconut, but since many people don’t like coconut I decided to create a recipe that does not have coconut in it.
If you are a fan of coconut you can absolutely sprinkle it on top of the banana layer, add on top at the end, or even a toasted coconut would add for a great topping if you are craving coconut.
Do I Have to Use Cool Whip or Can I Use Whipped Cream
You can trade out the cool whip for whipped cream if you would rather do this, however, whipped cream typically gets watery thus making your no bake banana split cake watery by day two.
This Easy Banana Split Cake Has Raw Eggs! Is that safe?
It’s true. This recipe has raw eggs in it and we do not bake it creating a slight concern in your mind, but have no fear because the USDA and the CDC have said that it is safe to use raw eggs in recipes as long as they are pasteurized. So be sure to grab those pasteurized eggs from the store.
If you still have concerns, talk with your doctor.
Can I Make This Banana Split Cake Recipe Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can make it ahead of time. In fact, letting it sit overnight in the fridge allows all the layers to form nicely.
You can make this banana split cake up to two days early.
I’m Allergic to Pecans, Can I Use a Different Nut?
Yes, you can change out the type of nut that you use for this simple banana split cake. In fact, if you are not a fan of nuts, or allergic to them, you can omit them completely.
If you are wanting to try a different nut chopped peanuts are a great choice, or chopped walnuts.
Can I Add Other Toppings to This Banana Split Cake Recipe?
Of course you can add other toppings to your banana split cake recipe. This is totally customizable which is one of the many reasons why I love it so much. It’s kind of like making a sundae – everyone can put something different on top.
Sometimes I switch out my crushed pineapple and replace it with strawberries and I even add caramel at times. So this simple no bake banana split cake is a great base for you to really make your own version.
How Do I Cut My Banana Split Cake?
Honestly, cutting this cake into nice pieces is the hardest part or the recipe. If you want clean perfect cuts try these tricks.
First, put your easy banana split cake in the freezer for about 30 minutes before you are going to cut it. This helps to make the layers stick together, allowing the knife to be able to cut through it cleaner.
Once you begin cutting your cake, be sure that you clean the knife after every single cut. This can be done with a paper towel. This helps the layers not run together.
What Should I Serve with Banana Split Cake?
This banana split cake will satisfy every sweet desire you are craving, so I am not sure you will need anything else. Between the graham cracker crust, the luscious filling and the whipped topping you will be completely satisfied.
Looking for more great desserts? Check these out!
Banana Split Cake
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 Tablespoons butter melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 bananas
- 1 large container cool whip
- 1/2 chopped pecans
- 1 large can crushed pineapples
- 1 small jar maraschino cherries
- Chocolate sauce
- Grease 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Put graham crackers in food processor. Add 5 tablespooons melted butter. Blend. Spread mixture into bottom of glass pan and press to form crust.
- In mixer, beat together: 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 stick melted butter, vanilla. Add in eggs one at a time. Beat on medium speed until blended, up to 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture on top of crust and spread with offset spatula.
- Slice bananas over top of mixture.
- Drain crushed pineapples. Be sure to squeeze any excess juice from the pineapples. You can do with with your hands, or use cheesecloth, or even a paper towel and a strainer.
- Spread pineapples on top of bananas.
- Top with Cool Whip and spread evenly.
- Top with crushed pecans and whole maraschino cherries. Drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- Refrigerate (you may want to refrigerate overnight before cutting.)
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share it with me on @thebalancingmom and follow on Tiktok @balancingmotherhood and Pinterest @thebalancingmom for more!
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.
Comments & Reviews
How much of each ingredient do you use?
Melodie Euper says
Don’t you need to cook the eggs
My family loves this recipe. It tastes like a banana split without the ice cream.