This crack dip recipe is the most addictive dip there is – hence the name! It’s a warm and cheesy dip full of ranch flavors with the amazing bacon flavor added in!
If you love warm dips, you have to try our popular buffalo chicken dip filled with chicken and a smokey, spicy hot sauce. It’s cheesy, creamy, and warm.
Crack Dip Recipe
I first found this dip online and had to try it! I love warm, cheesy dips and this one sounds like a million bucks. This recipe can’t be any easier, yet it’s so full of flavor.
Plus, there are variations you can try. You can add different meats, or try different flavors of cheese in this easy dip recipe.
Crack Dip Ingredients
- Cream cheese – this is the base of the dip and keeps everything held together.
- Sour cream – sour cream makes the cream cheese more maealble.
- Ranch dip – This is the dry seasoning dip that comes in a packet in the salad dressing isle in the grocery store. this is a key seasoning for this dip. It adds so much flavor. Who doesn’t love ranch dressing?
- Cheddar cheese – it’s best to use a block cheddar cheese and grate it, but if you are in a rush, you can use pre-shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bacon – I used real bacon, about 7 slices (what can I say? I like bacon!) I just cooked it until it was crisp, let it rest a few minutes and then chopped it into small pieces. You can also use bacon bits that are pre-made.
- Scallions – I like the small slices of onion in this dip, and you can use the green tips for garnish.
How to Make Crack Dip
Mix all the ingredients with a stand or hand mixer. Technically, you could mix these by hand, but the stand mixer will get them fully incorporated to maximize the flavor.
I actually like to mix the cream cheese and sour cream first. Then add in the cheese and mix. Along with the ranch dip seasonings.
Finally, add in the bacon pieces. Stir the bacon in by hand so the mixer doesn’t completely obliterate the bacon pieces. You want nice chunks of bacon in the dip.
Heat for 20 minutes, garnish, and serve.
Bacon bits instead of fresh bacon is the first substitution that you can try. I love the flavor of real bacon and it works great in this dip recipe, but you can easily substitute bacon bits instead. These days there are some more sophisticated bacon bits in packages you can try — not that hard, tiny bits in the jar.
Another great option is to by the pre-cooked bacon. It’s slightly fancier than the kind in a bag, and you save yourself all the time of cooking bacon!
Greek yogurt for sour cream. I haven’t tried this substitution in the dip, but I think it would work well. And, if I had all the ingredients for this dip, but didn’t have sour cream, you bet I’d add in a cup of greek yogurt.
Looking for More Appetizer Recipes?
Try our jalapeno poppers.
Family cheeseball recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 ounce Ranch dressing mix
- 7 stips bacon
- 1 green onion
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray
- Cook bacon and chop into pieces. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese and sour cream.
- Add Ranch seasoning and stir.
- Mix in cheddar cheese. Leave some cheese for garnish.
- Chop green onion (the white part) and mix in. Leave the green part for garnish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with crackers or bread slices.
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.