This weekend I had a little afternoon dinner party and wanted to serve a simple, yet elegant chocolate dessert. To save time I used a box mix. I know it’s a sin in some worlds to use a box mix, but sometimes it’s what you need to do keep it simple. Just add a few ingredients and you’ve got a masterpiece that you’re friends will rave about.
It’s topped with caramel sauce and sugared pecans a. Just chop pecans and put in a frying pan on your stove. Add a few tablespoons of sugar. Heat on low, stirring occasionally so pecans are coated. The pecans add just the right crunch and rich flavor on top of this rich and delicate cake.
My tip to you busy families is to keep a box of chocolate cake mix, a box of instant chocolate pudding, a jar of your favorite caramel sauce, and pecans (freeze these) in your pantry. Then you’ll be ready the next time you need to make a quick dessert — and no one will know the difference!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 4 oz. box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- sheet of wax paper
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease bundt pan
- In large bowl mix cake mix, pudding mix, water, butter, and eggs
- Mix on medium speed until batter is smooth, about 2 minutes
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Pour into prepared bundt pan
- Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
- Cool 15 minutes in pan
- Remove from pan and cool for 10 more minutes
- Prick top of cake with toothpick in several spots, pour caramel sauce on top of cake
- While cake is in oven, prepare pecans
- Chop pecans with knife
- Put in pan on stove top with sugar
- Stir over medium heat, until sugar is melted and pecans are covered, about 4-5 minutes (be careful not to let them burn)
- Spread warm pecans onto a sheet of wax paper on counter. Allow to cool
- Top cake with sugared pecans
Amazing Chocolate Dessert Recipes!
Subscribe and download your FREE chocolate dessert recipes ebook!