This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
Spinach artichoke dip is seriously delicious with a creamy parmesan base and chopped artichokes and spinach warmed to perfection! Serve with crostini or tortilla chips for game day, or your next party or potluck.
This is a baked version that comes out of the oven bubbly and hot! With just four ingredients it’s a recipe to keep in your recipe file – it’s a fan favorite!
Spinach Artichoke Dip
The first time I had this appetizer was at an office potluck lunch. One of the guys brought it as a side dish. I didn’t know what it was or what was in it. All I knew is that it was delicious and I NEEDED the recipe!
When I asked him for the recipe he said, easy: just remember 1, 1, 1.
- One cup mayonnaise
- One package spinach
- One container parmesan cheese
I never wrote it down. Over the years, I’ve added the artichokes to it. You can also add garlic if you want that flavor profile. But, essentially, that’s it. You just mix and bake for 20 minutes.
How to Make Spinach Artichoke Dip
As I wrote above, it’s really simple. Hardly a recipe at all, but here are some tips I’ve learned over the years that make it better.
- Thaw the spinach and drain all the water. You can use a paper towel to squeeze all the juice out. This makes the dip less watery.
- Drain the artichoke hearts and place on a cutting board. Remove any of the harder outer layers. These are edible, but I find it a better experience to remove the tougher outer pieces. Chop what’s left and add to mixing bowl with the spinach.
- Add the mayonnaise. Use real mayonnaise, not salad dressing.
- Add the cheese and mix it all together.
Bake in a greased 9×9 baking dish for about 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Can you Freeze Spinach Artichoke Dip?
You can freeze spinach dip for up to 3 months, but know that it may become watery when it’s reheated. Just be sure to mix well before serving.
I don’t recommend freezing it, and I highly doubt you’ll have any leftover to freeze because it will be such a hit!
What to Serve with this Dip?
What I love about this appetizer is that it is so versatile. You can serve it with so many things:
- tortilla chips
- crostini bread
- pita chips
- chopped bell peppers
Is Spinach Artichoke Dip Keto?
Since it only has four ingredients, and they are all considered allowable on the Keto plan, this spinach dip is keto-friendly.
Want More Amazing Appetizer Recipes?
- 1 block frozen spinach thawed and drained
- 1 can artichoke hearts chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 oz. parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a square casserole dish and set aside.
- Microwave frozen spinach for 30 sec. – 1 minute or until thawed. Squeeze spinach in paper towel or cheesecloth (or just use your hands) to remove excess water. Place drained spinach in mixing bowl.
- Drain and chop artichoke hearts (removing any rough outer skins) and place in mixing bowl.
- Add mayonnaise and parmesan cheese.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and bake for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.
Leave a Reply