This simple yet delicious homemade Dill Dip Recipe is so easy to make and is SO much better than any packaged mix you can buy at the store. It’s such a flavorful dip, you’ll want to serve it with everything from potato chips, pita chips, to fresh veggies.
It’s the perfect cool and refreshing summertime snack!
Savory Dill Dip
No bake, easy dip recipes are some of my favorites, especially when the temps begin to warm up outside. This 7-Layer Dip and this Cowboy Caviar are always crowd pleasers. But there is something so cool and refreshing about this dill dip! It’s incredibly quick to whip up, so it’s the perfect dip to keep on hand for those times when you need a last minute appetizer or snack.
For this recipe, I like to use all dried herbs because they have such a long shelf-life and I always have them on hand. Another great thing about using dried herbs verses fresh herbs is you can make up the dried dill dip mix and keep extra handy to take camping or beach trips. Then all you have to do is combine the dry ingredients in the mayo and sour cream and your all set!
Why We Love This Recipe
- Delicious dill dip that uses simple ingredients you probably have on hand in your spice rack.
- Easy recipe that’s always a huge hit on game days or at parties served with fresh vegetables.
- Because it’s a homemade dip, its super easy to customize by adding as much or as little of each herb as you prefer.
What’s Need to Make Classic Dill Dip
- Sour cream
- Mayonnaise – don’t use salad dressing
- Dried dill weed
- Dried minced onion flakes
- Dried parsley flakes
- Garlic powder
- Fresh dill weed(optional)
How to Make this Homemade Dill Veggie Dip
Mix, Stir and Chill
In a medium bowl, combine the cup mayonnaise, cup sour cream and dried herbs until well mixed. Chill for 30 minutes and top with fresh dill just before serving time.
Keep stored chilled in the fridge in an airtight container for up to several days.
Can I Make This Dip in Advance?
It’s actually even better when it’s made in advance because it gives all the unique flavors time to meld together. You can make dill dip up to a couple of days in advance and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it.
Ways to Serve this Easy Dill Dip Recipe
Chips and dip go hand in hand but there are other great ways you can serve this dip.
- Add it to your next veggie tray with your favorite raw vegetables. Broccoli, bell peppers, sliced cucumbers, celery sticks, carrot sticks and cherry tomatoes are always a hit.
- Crackers and bread cubes are great with this dip as well. Ritz or club crackers, Wheat Thins or pita chips are a wonderful choice.
- It also makes an awesome sauce drizzled over grilled salmon, chicken or even grilled veggie kabobs.
- One of my favorite things to do with leftovers is to add a few drops of heavy cream and mix it well to use as a salad dressing.
Sour Cream Dip Variations
- Wanting a lighter version? Just swap out the regular mayo and sour cream with light mayo and reduced fat sour cream.
- If you like it with a tarter flavor, you can use plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
- Spice it up with a dash of hot sauce or a sprinkle of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
- Feel free to add other dried herbs or seasoning of your choice. Celery salt, onion powder and savory seasoning salt work great with the other ingredients in this dip.
- If you have an herb garden and want to use fresh herbs, you certainly can. Just omit all the dried herbs and add fresh parsley, fresh dill, fresh garlic and finely minced green onions. Remember, you may have to use extra fresh herbs because dried have a stronger flavor.
- Finely shredded cheddar cheese takes this simple dip to another level.
Want More Delicious Savory Dip Recipes?
- Crack Dip
- Pizza Dip
- Crockpot Rotel Dip
- Beer Cheese Dip
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Crockpot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp dried dill weed
- 2 Tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- fresh dill garnish
- Mix ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Chill for 30 minutes and top with fresh dill just before serving.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on @thebalancingmom and follow on Tiktok @balancingmotherhood and Pinterest @thebalancingmom for more!
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.
Leave a Review!