This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
This crockpot spinach artichoke dip is an insanely easy and delicious dip recipe. It’s warm and cheesy and makes the ultimate game day or party appetizer that can easily be made in advance!
Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
Dips are always one of my favorite things to serve at parties or special occasions. I try to have at least one hot dip like this spinach artichoke cheesy dip or this Buffalo Chicken Dip and a couple of cold dips, like this 7-Layer Dip or this Pimento Cheese Dip. They’re the perfect appetizer because they don’t take long to prepare, they feed a crowd and guests rave over them every single time!
This rich and delicious dip is filled with ooey gooey cheeses, spinach and artichokes that all melt together in the slow cooker until hot, bubbly and is ready for dipping. This awesome recipe is guaranteed to be a hit at your next party!
Why We Love This Recipe
Easy: This easy appetizer recipe only takes a few ingredients and minutes of prep work.
Amazing flavor: Everyone loves a warm, creamy, cheesy and super yummy dip!
Hearty ingredients: With the spinach and artichokes, this is a hearty recipe. It’s perfect when you aren’t serving a main dish but want a filling and satisfying dish.
What’s Needed for This Crock Pot Dip
- Artichoke hearts: You can use jarred or canned artichoke hearts. Look for the ones packed in a brine verses oil.
- Frozen chopped spinach: Thawed and with the excess liquid squeezed out
- Cream cheese: Full fat and softened to room temperature.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese: You can shred your own or use a package of the pre-shredded.
- Parmesan cheese: This gives the dip the perfect about of tangy flavor
- Milk: Full fat milk helps to thin the dip to perfect scooping consistency.
- Minced garlic: Gives the dip extra robust flavor
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Artichoke Spinach Dip
- Thaw frozen spinach in the microwave. Let it cool for a few minutes, so it won’t burn you. Then use a couple layers of paper towels or a tea towel to squeeze out the excess water.
- In a medium mixing bowl. Mix together the cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, milk, garlic salt and pepper, then add it to the bottom of the crock pot. Add in the remaining ingredients (spinach and artichokes) and stir to combine.
- Place lid on top and cook on high for 2 hours. Stir the spinach mixture frequently while it’s cooking.
- Once the dip is done, turn the crock on a low or medium setting so it will stay warm.
Transfer leftovers to airtight container and store in the fridge for up to several days.
Tips for Hot Cheesy Spinach Dip
Clean up: You are going to love making this creamy dip in your slow cooker, but I have to be honest, clean up can be a mess. To help save a lot of time and trouble, use a slow cooker liner. When the dip is gone, you just lift out the liner and cleanup is done!
Make in advance: If you need to save a little time on the day of your party, this recipe will be your new favorite dip! You can mix up all of the ingredients and store in the fridge for up to a couple of days until you are ready to cook it.
Make it spicy: If you prefer a little kick to your dip, add a little cayenne pepper or some red pepper flakes. Careful though, a little goes a long way!
Extra cheesy: Mozzarella is a key ingredient in this recipe because it is the perfect melty cheese. You can use other kinds of cheese in addition to mozzarella. Mild cheddar, Monterey Jack, or Colby are all great types of cheese you can try.
Hot Spinach Artichoke Recipe FAQs
Serve this yummy dip with tortilla chips, pita chips or these Zesty Ritz Crackers. Veggie sticks made with bell peppers, celery sticks, carrots are great for dipping also.
Of course, serving this recipe as a dip is always popular. But it makes such a hearty dish, you can always use it to spread over baked chicken or grilled steak! You can even use it to make baked stuff mushrooms or serve it over your favorite pasta.
Absolutely. In fact, I have another fantastic oven baked Spinach Artichoke Dip you can try next time.
But to make this recipe in the oven, spray a baking dish with a little cooking spray. Mix all the ingredients together, pour into the prepared dish. Bake in a 375-degree, preheated oven until hot and bubbly. Actual cooking time will vary based on individual ovens, but on average this dip will need to bake for about 40 minutes.
You sure can! You’ll need about 8-10 ounces of fresh baby spinach for this recipe. Steam the spinach first until soft then run it under a little cool water. Squeeze out the as much of the moisture you can and chop it up.
Want More Dip Recipes?
- 14 oz. artichoke hearts 1 can, drained and chopped
- 9 oz. frozen spinach thawed
- 8 oz. cream cheese 1 block
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Thaw frozen spinach in the microwave and squeeze water out. Be cautious as the spinach is hot.
- Mix ingredients (artichokes, spinach, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic, milk, salt, and pepper) in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Place spinach mixture in the bottom of crockpot.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Stir frequently.
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.