This red, white, and blue lush is a stunning and delicious dessert that’s perfect for your summer celebrations. With its cool, creamy layers and patriotic color scheme, it’s bound to be a showstopper at your 4th of July party.
If you’ve never had a lush dessert before, you’re in for a treat. This no-bake layered dessert is rich and creamy, impressive-looking, and super versatile. Made with a cookie crust and topped with several layers consisting of whipped cream, Jello, or pudding, this dessert is full of flavor, and this patriotic version may be our favorite one yet.
The treat starts with a buttery Oreo crust which is layered with a creamy whipped topping mixture and vibrant layers of cherry and blue raspberry Jello before being topped with more whipped cream and patriotic sprinkles. Perfect for summer cookouts and picnics, this red, white, and blue lush is a delicious way to bring some patriotic cheer to your party!
Why We Love This Recipe
- This eye-catching treat is an impressive dessert that will look great on any party table.
- The vibrant red, white, and blue layers make this an ideal patriotic treat for the 4th of July.
- No-bake desserts like this one are great for the hot summer months. It’s cool and refreshing, and you don’t have to turn on the oven.
- Vanilla Oreo cookies
- Butter, melted
- Cherry Jello
- Blue raspberry Jello
- Boiling water, divided
- Vanilla instant pudding
- Cold milk
- Cream cheese, softened
- Powdered sugar
- Whipped topping
- Red, white, and blue sprinkles for garnish
How to Make Red, White, and Blue Lush
Step One: Make the Crust
- Using a food processor, crush the cookies into fine crumbs.
- Place the cookies into a large bowl and add the melted butter, then stir until well blended.
- Press the cookie crumbs into an even layer at the bottom of a 9×13 glass baking dish.
Step Two: Prepare the Layers
- Place the cherry gelatin in a small bowl and whisk in ⅓ cup boiling water. Continue to whisk until combined and most of the gelatin is dissolved.
- Repeat the process with the blue gelatin.
- Whisk together the dry pudding mixes and milk in a medium bowl until combined.
- Whisk half the pudding mixture into the cherry gelatin and half into the blue raspberry gelatin.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Fold in 1 container of whipped topping.
Step Three: Assemble
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cookie crust.
- Carefully spread the red Jello layer on top of the cream cheese mixture and the blue layer on top of the red layer.
- Spread the rest of the whipped topping on top of the blue gelatin layer. Garnish with sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
Tips and Suggestions
- To make slicing a little cleaner, you can place it in the freezer for a bit to firm it up.
- Take extra care to make sure the layers don’t get mixed together as you are assembling this dessert. It may help to pop this in the fridge between layers to help you keep the clean lines.
- For best results, chill the crust in the fridge for about 20 minutes before you add the layers. This will help ensure that it doesn’t get soggy.
- Change the flavors of gelatin for different themes and holidays.
- Try a chocolate Oreo crust in place of the vanilla crust.
- For an extra fun 4th of July touch, add some red, white, and blue popping candy in place of the sprinkles and top with a sparkler!
More Lush Desserts
How Do I Store Red, White, and Blue Lush?
Store your leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They should keep for up to 4 days.
Can I Make this in Advance?
Absolutely – if you’re throwing a party and don’t want to worry about preparing dessert at the last minute, you can make this a day in advance and keep it chilled until you’re ready to serve it.
What Kind of Serving Dish Should I Use?
I’d definitely recommend a clear glass dish for this one. The colorful layers are the prettiest part of this dessert, and you’ll want them to be clearly visible. If you don’t have a glass dish, you can also pre-slice this and put it on plates. That way the layers will still be visible, and you’ll make serving easy for your party guests.
More Patriotic Recipes
- Red, White, and Blue Ice Cream
- Red, White, and Blue Marshmallow Bars
- Red, White, and Blue Snack Mix
- Red, White, and Blue Brownie Cookies
- Red, White, and Blue Cookie Bars
- Red, White, and Blue M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
No Bake Red, White, and Blue Lush
- 36 Golden Oreo cookies
- 6 Tablespoons butter melted
- 3 ounces cherry jello 1 box
- 3 ounces blue raspberry jello 1 box
- 2/3 cups boiling water divided
- 6.8 ounces vanilla instant pudding 2 boxes
- 2 ½ cups cold milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese 1 block, softened
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 16 ounces whipped topping thawed
- Red, White and Blue sprinkles garnish
- In your food processor crush all the cookies into crumbs.
- Place the cookies into a large bowl and add the melted butter. Stir until well blended.
- Press the cookie crumbs into the bottom of a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
- In small bowl, place the cherry gelatin, and add ⅓ cup boiling water. Whisk together until combined and most of the gelatin is dissolved.
- Repeat with the blue gelatin.
- In medium bowl, whisk together the dry pudding mixes and milk until combined.
- Whisk half the pudding mixture into the cherry gelatin and half the pudding mixture into the blue gelatin.
- In large bowl using an electric mixer combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Gently fold in 1 container of whipped topping and spread over cookie crust.
- Spread the red layer on top of that and the blue layer on top of the red, carefully so you don't mix them.
- Use the rest of the whipped topping to top the gelatin layer.
- Decorate with red, white, and blue sprinkles.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on @thebalancingmom and follow on Tiktok @balancingmotherhood and Pinterest @thebalancingmom for more!
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.
Leave a Review!