These charming Red, White, and Blue Mason Jar Trifles are bursting with all the flavors and colors of summer. Layered with fresh strawberries, luscious white chocolate pudding, moist pound cake, and vibrant blueberries, this recipe is a treat for both the eyes and the taste buds. With a touch of icing and a sprinkle of red, white, and blue, these individual desserts are perfect for any gathering.
With a prep time of only 20 minutes and no baking required, these desserts are perfect for any occasion. The recipe yields 4 to 6 jars, depending on their size, making it ideal for intimate gatherings or larger celebrations. The individual servings not only make for a visually appealing dessert, but also allow for easy portion control.
These Mason Jar pudding parfaits are a true celebration of summer flavors. The combination of fresh strawberries, creamy white chocolate pudding, moist pound cake, and juicy blueberries creates a harmonious blend of textures and tastes. Each spoonful is a burst of fruity sweetness, complemented by the creamy pudding and the richness of the pound cake.
So whether you’re hosting a Fourth of July barbecue, a summer picnic, or simply looking for a delightful dessert to enjoy on a warm day, these Mason Jar Trifles are sure to impress. With their patriotic colors and irresistible flavors, they are a true crowd-pleaser.
Table of Contents
Why We Love Red, White, and Blue Parfait Desserts
- Individual servings – you can make these in any type of small jar or cup which is perfect for parties and gatherings
- Patriotic colors – with the red, white, and blue colors they are perfect for summer and any of the main holidays: Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day
- Easy – these are super easy to make and don’t take a lot of time or effort
- Pretty presentation – these parfait desserts are a perfect presentation with their pop of color for any summer table
To begin, gather the following ingredients:
- Mason jars or Ball flute – 16 oz. Jars
- 2 cups of diced strawberries
- 1 (3.4 oz.) box of white chocolate pudding
- Pound cake loaf (cut into ½ inch squares) (you can use a frozen loaf)
- 2 cups of blueberries
- White icing
- Piping bag
- Red, white, and blue sprinkles
How To Make These Patriotic Parfait Jars
Step One: Make Pudding
Make the pudding according to the package instructions and chill to set.
Take the prepared white chocolate pudding and transfer it to a piping bag. This will make it easier to evenly distribute the pudding into each jar, creating a smooth and creamy layer.
Step Two: Assemble Layers
Add diced strawberries to the bottom of each jar. This layer will provide a burst of freshness and tangy sweetness.
Place a layer of pound cake squares on top of the pudding. The pound cake adds a delightful texture and absorbs the flavors of the surrounding layers.
Sprinkle a handful of blueberries over the pound cake layer. The juicy bursts of blueberries provide a delightful contrast to the creamy pudding and the sweet strawberries.
Fill a piping bag with white icing and gently pipe a generous dollop on top of the blueberries. This adds a touch of sweetness and helps hold the layers together.
Repeat the layers until you run out of ingredients, creating beautiful alternating layers of strawberry, pudding, pound cake, blueberries, and icing. The Mason jars offer a charming and convenient way to showcase the colorful layers.
Once you’ve completed the layering process, top each jar with a sprinkle of red, white, and blue sprinkles. This final touch adds a festive flair and enhances the visual appeal of the dessert.
Try out this recipe and let the vibrant layers transport you to a summer paradise. Share them with friends and family, or savor them all by yourself — we won’t judge! Indulge in the sweetness of the season with these delightful Mason Jar
What is a Parfait Cup?
A parfait cup is a small, tall, and narrow glass or container typically used for serving parfaits, layered desserts, or other similar treats. It is designed to showcase the beautiful layers of ingredients.
How Big Should a Parfait Cup Be?
The size of a parfait cup can vary, but it’s generally recommended to use a cup with a capacity of around 8 to 12 ounces. This size allows for easy layering and ensures a satisfying portion for an individual serving.
How Can I Change This Recipe for Different Holidays?
This recipe can be easily customized to suit different holidays and occasions. Here are some ideas for variations:
- Christmas: Replace the strawberries with diced red and green apples. Use a peppermint-flavored white chocolate pudding or add crushed candy canes to the layers. Top with a sprinkle of edible gold or silver dust for a festive touch.
- Halloween: Substitute the strawberries with layers of diced oranges or mandarin segments. Replace the white chocolate pudding with orange-flavored pudding or add a few drops of orange food coloring to the layers. Decorate the top with Halloween-themed sprinkles or gummy worms.
- Thanksgiving: Replace the strawberries with layers of cooked and spiced apples or cranberry sauce. Add a pinch of cinnamon or pumpkin spice to the white chocolate pudding for a warm, autumn flavor. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Valentine’s Day: Replace the strawberries with layers of raspberries or mixed berries. Use a strawberry or raspberry-flavored white chocolate pudding for a romantic touch. Top with heart-shaped sprinkles or garnish with a fresh strawberry on the side.
- St. Patrick’s Day: Replace the strawberries with layers of kiwi slices or diced green apples. Use a mint-flavored white chocolate pudding or add a few drops of green food coloring to the layers. Top with green sprinkles or a mint leaf.
Feel free to get creative and adapt the recipe to match the colors and flavors associated with different holidays. By making small tweaks to the fruits, flavors, and decorations, you can transform this delightful Mason Jar parfait into a festive treat that suits any special occasion.
More Fun Patriotic Recipes
- Red, White, and Blue Ice Cream
- Red, White, and Blue Marshmallow Bars
- Red, White, and Blue Snack Mix
- Red, White, and Blue Brownie Cookies
- Red, White, and Blue Cookie Bars
- Red, White, and Blue M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
Red, White and Blue Parfait
- 6 Mason Jars or Ball Flute 16 oz. Jars
- 2 cups strawberries diced
- 3.4 ounce box of Prepared White Chocolate Pudding
- Pound Cake Loaf cut into ½ in. squares
- 2 cups blueberries
- White Icing
- Piping Page
- Red, White and Blue Sprinkles
- Start by adding your diced strawberries to the bottom of your jar.
- Next, add your prepared pudding to a piping bag. This makes it easy to evenly distribute the pudding into the jars, for a nice even layer.
- Add your poundcake layer on top of your pudding.
- Add a handful of blueberries on top.
- Place your icing into a piping bag and pipe icing on top of the blueberries.
- Repeat the process until you are out of ingredients.
- Top with sprinkles and enjoy.
What’s For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.