This peppermint candy cane fluff is a delicious and festive treat that’s perfect for celebrating the holidays. This rich and creamy dessert dip is sure to be the star of your Christmas party.
We love fluff recipes, and this peppermint version is one of the best we’ve tried. If you’ve never had fluff before, you’ll love this creamy and sweet mixture of cream cheese, Cool Whip and other delicious ingredients. This peppermint fluff also contains marshmallow cream, peppermint extract, and crushed candy canes, giving it a cool and minty holiday flavor that your party guests will love.
This sweet treat doesn’t require any baking and it couldn’t be any easier to prepare. Just mix everything together and serve with a variety of dippers. It’s so much fun to serve at parties, since it’s a nice change from the usual sweet desserts like cake and cookies. But this treat is also incredibly easy to make, so it also works as a great family dessert or movie night snack. Try this festive peppermint fluff this holiday season and you’ll see why it’s one of our favorite new recipes!
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe
- With its cool peppermint flavor and festive garnish of crushed candy canes, this fluff is the perfect Christmas season treat.
- This easy peppermint fluff dip is a no-bake recipe that requires only a few simple ingredients from the grocery store and is ready in minutes.
- This sweet treat is super versatile. You can serve it as a dessert dip or put it in individual dessert cups like a pudding or mousse.
- The ingredients are inexpensive and a little goes a long way, so this peppermint dip is a great budget-friendly party treat.
- Cream cheese, softened – use an entire block of full-fat cream cheese at room temperature
- Confectioners sugar – this adds the sweetness
- Marshmallow cream – adds a fluffy texture and sweetness to the cream cheese
- Frozen whipped topping, thawed – we use Cool Whip
- Peppermint extract – you can use regular mint if you like that better, but the peppermint goes perfectly with the candy canes
- Red gel food coloring – to make it pink for Christmas
- Crushed candy canes – you could also use crushed peppermint candies
Step One: Make the Fluff Mixture
- In a medium bowl, blend the powdered sugar and cream cheese using an electric hand or stand mixer. Continue to blend for 1-2 minutes or until the mixture is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Add the marshmallow fluff, peppermint, and whipped topping. Mix again for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
Step Two: Add Color and Garnish
- Add 5-6 drops of red food coloring and stir, adding more if needed, until the desired shade of pink is reached.
- Mix with a rubber spatula. (Be sure to scrape the edges of the bowl.)
- Cover and place the dip in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, garnish with candy cane pieces, crushed peppermint candy, or festive sprinkles.
- Serve with Oreo cookies, chocolate cookies, vanilla wafers, or chocolate graham crackers.
Tips and Suggestions
- Be careful not to overmix when adding in the whipped topping and marshmallow cream, so that you don’t lose the light and fluffy texture.
- It’s a good idea to start with softened cream cheese. This will help your mixture to blend more smoothly.
- If making this for a party, you can serve this like a dip in a large bowl, but it’s also fun to prepare individual serving cups with a few cookies or graham crackers on the side.
- For the best way to crush the candy canes easily, place them in a Ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to break them into pieces.
- Use any flavor of extract and any color you like to create different varieties of this fluff.
- Mix in some chocolate or white chocolate chips.
- Add some red and green sprinkles to give your fluff a festive Christmas look.
How Do I Store Peppermint Fluff?
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They should keep for 3-4 days.
Can I Make it Ahead of Time?
Yes! Peppermint fluff tastes just as good the next day, so feel free to make it in advance if you’re serving it for a party or special event.
What Should I Serve With Peppermint Fluff?
I love to serve it with chocolate graham crackers or cookies. It also tastes great with Oreos, peppermint cookies, or chocolate covered pretzels.
More Dessert Fluff Recipes
- Banana Split Fluff
- Blueberry Fluff Salad
- Banana Split Fluff
- Strawberry Fluff
- Pistachio Fluff
- Orange Fluff
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened, 1 block
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 7 ounces mallow cream 1 container
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping thawed, 1 container
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- red gel food coloring
- crushed candy canes
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend cream cheese and powdered sugar using an electric hand or stand mixer. Blend for 1-2 minutes or until smooth and until there are no clumps inside the cream cheese.
- Add in mallow cream, whipped topping, and peppermint. Mix again for 1-2 minutes until smooth. Be careful not to overblend here!
- Add in 5-6 inches of gel food coloring (swoops in the motion of a capital N). Add more food coloring until desired shade of pink is met. Mix using rubber spatula.
- Be sure to scrape the edges of the bowl.
- Cover and place the dip inside the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, garnish with candy cane pieces. Serve with Oreos and chocolate graham crackers.
What’s For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.