This Instant Pot Gingerbread Cheesecake takes all the flavors you love from a traditional gingerbread cookie and combines them into a simple Instant pot cheesecake. With less than 15 minutes of prep in the kitchen you will have a delicious holiday dessert to share with your family and friends.
The other day I was standing in the kitchen dreaming about what I was going to make to take to our neighbor’s house for our next get together. I thought about making gingersnap cookies, but then I wanted something a little more fancy like a cheesecake. So I decided to combine my two favorite desserts (cheesecake and gingersnaps) and make a delicious Instant Pot Gingerbread Cheesecake. Let me tell you, this ranks right up there with our family favorites, Instant Pot Eggnog Cheesecake and Red Velvet Candy Cane Cheesecake Cake.
Instant Pot Gingerbread Cheesecake
To make this Instant pot Gingerbread cheesecake it only takes about 15 minutes of prep in the kitchen and hardly any mess. It is super simple to make, but tastes like it took all day.
If you are nervous about making a cheesecake, don’t be. By following some fail proof tips I have learned you can achieve a perfect cheesecake every single time.
My Favorite Part of this Simple Gingerbread Cheesecake
I absolutely love this simple gingerbread cheesecake recipe. It is fluffy and moist and tastes delicious.
I love that the crust is made from gingersnap cookies to give it a little bit more of that gingerbread taste that my family loves.
Instant Pot Gingerbread Cheesecake
If you are a fan of gingersnap cookies, then you are bound to love this gingerbread cheesecake recipe. The crust is rich and thick and holds the cheesecake together well.
Gingerbread Cheesecake Ingredients
Gingersnaps – Gingersnaps are a holiday favorite. I love the uniqueness that using gingersnaps gives this cheesecake. These gingersnap cookies will be ground up and become the crust of the gingerbread cheesecake.
Brown Sugar – Like the IP Pumpkin Cheesecake, this crust also calls for brown sugar to help form the crust of the cheesecake.
Unsalted Butter – Butter helps the gingersnap crumbs stick together to make the perfect crust for this holiday dessert.
Cream Cheese – When making your cheesecake be sure that your cheesecake is at room temperature prior to mixing. Cream cheese contains Vitamin A which is good for you, making it OK to occasionally eat cheesecake for breakfast if you need a reason, just saying!
Eggs – The eggs in cheesecake help make this gingerbread cheesecake fluffy.
Sour Cream – The sour cream is another component that helps elevate this gingerbread cheesecake to the next level as well as add to the fluffiness of this Christmas Cheesecake. When using sour cream in cheesecake, be sure that you set it out so it is at room temperature.
Cornstarch – Cornstarch acts as a thickening agent which helps this IP cheesecake thicken up. Not only that, but it actually helps prevent cracking as well.
Vanilla – Who doesn’t love a touch of vanilla when baking? The vanilla mixed with the gingerbread flavor makes my mouth do a little dance every time I eat this dessert.
Salt, Cinnamon, Ground Ginger – These spices make this sour cream cheesecake filling become the gingerbread cheesecake.
Classic Whipped Cream Ingredients
Heavy Whipping Cream – Any whipping cream recipe begins with heavy whipping cream. I always like to have it on hand so I can whip up this classic whipped cream recipe. Trader Joe’s even has a version that can sit in the pantry.
Powdered Sugar – Powdered sugar acts as a sweetener in the whipped cream. I like to use powdered sugar rather than granulated sugar for a smoother texture.
Vanilla – Adding a dash of vanilla to your classic whipped cream elevates the whipped cream to a higher level.
How to Make Instant Pot Gingerbread Cheesecake
Making Gingerbread cheesecake is really easy to do. With a few minutes of prep, you will be well on your way to having a perfect Instant Pot Gingerbread Cheesecake in no time.
Making the Gingersnap Crust
- Spray springform pan with cooking spray.
- Line the sides of the pan with parchment paper.
- Add gingersnaps and brown sugar to food processor.
- Blend until mixture is fine.
- Melt butter.
- Mix together gingersnap mixture and butter in a mixing bowl. Combine well.
- Press firmly into a 6-inch springform pan making an even layer in the pan. Use fingertips, or the bottom of a glass to press it down firmly around the edges of the pan.
- Place the crust in the freezer until the cheesecake filling has made.
Making the Gingersnap Cheesecake Filling
- Mix sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Blend together.
- Combine cream cheese (at room temperature) and sugar mixture in a large mixing bowl and beat until combined with an electric mixer. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Add the eggs, sour cream, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and ground sugar and mix on low (all ingredients should be added at room temperature) . Continue to scrape the sides of the bowl while mixing. Just mix to combine the ingredients because you don’t want to over mix.
- Remove the crust from the freezer.
- Pour the gingersnap cheesecake filling carefully into the gingersnap crust.
- Tap the pan gently on the counter to release any air bubbles. They will rise to the top by doing this. Once bubbles have risen to the top, pop with a toothpick.
- Cover the Springform pan completely with foil tightly (even wrapping the bottom).
- Place trivet in the Instant Pot and pour 1 cup of water into the bottom.
- Place the cheesecake on the trivet.
- Lock and seal the lid.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 26 minutes.
- Once cooked, let pressure release naturally (about 20-30 minutes).
- Remove from Instant Pot.
- Uncover the gingerbread cheesecake and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Run a paring knife carefully around the edge of the cheesecake to separate it from the pan.
- Place in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight to set.
- Remove cheesecake from the pan.
Making Classic Whipped Cream
- Chill beaters and the bowl prior to making classic whipped cream.
- Combine heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. (about 3-4 minutes)
- Scoop ½ c. of classic whipped cream into your piping bag with a star tip on it.
- Spread the remaining whipped cream on the Gingerbread Cheesecake.
- Pipe whipped cream dollops along the edge of the cheesecake.
What Should I Serve with Gingerbread Cheesecake?
I love to eat gingerbread cheesecake by itself, but it is good with:
- Ice cream
- Extra Whipped Cream
Looking for more IP Cheesecakes?
- 1 bag gingersnaps
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 3 TBSP unsalted butter melted
- Cheesecake Ingredients:
- 2 8oz packages of cream cheese (room temp)
- 2 large eggs room temp
- 1/2 C sour cream room temp
- 2/3 C sugar
- 2 TBSP corn starch
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 C heavy cream chilled
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Garnish: Small gingerbread men/ gingerbread sprinkles.
- Prep pan with nonstick spray.
- Line the sides of the pan with parchment paper.
- Crust Directions:
- Add gingersnaps and brown sugar in the food processor.
- Blend until the mixture is fine.
- Add the melted butter and gingersnap sugar mixture in a large bowl. Mix until completely combined.
- Spoon the crumb mixture into the prepared pan.
- Spread the mixture in the pan making an even layer.
- Press the mixture, using the bottom of a glass, into an even layer.
- With your fingertips press down around the edges of the pan.
- Transfer the crush to the freezer until the batter has been made,
- Batter Directions:
- Add sugar and cornstarch to a small bowl. Mix to blend.
- Add the sugar mixture and cream cheese in the mixing bowl. Beat until combined. Use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Lower the speed on the mixer to low.
- (All of the following ingredients should be at room temp)
- Add the eggs, sour cream, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and ground ginger to the sugar/cream cheese mixture.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl while blending the ingredients.
- Continue to incorporate all ingredients but don't over mix.
- Take the crust from the freezer.
- Add the batter into the pan.
- Lightly tap the pan on the counter to release air bubbles allowing them to rise to the surface. Using a toothpick pop all of the bubbles
- Instant Pot Directions:
- Place the Instant Pot on the counter.
- Put a trivet in the Instant pot.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the pot.
- Cover the pan with foil.
- Carefully set the pan on the trivet.
- Cook at high pressure for 26 mins.
- Allow a natural pressure release.
- (this will take about 20-30 minutes.)
- Take the pan from the instant pot.
- Set the cheesecake aside for about 1 hour to cool to room temp.
- Once the cheesecake is at room temp using a paring knife carefully run the knife around the edge of the cheesecake to separate it from the pan.
- Transfer the cheesecake to the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight to set.
- Carefully remove the cheesecake from the pan.
- Topping Directions:
- ( Reminder:chill the mixing bowl and beaters.)
- Add chilled whipping cream to a mixing bowl with electric mixer.
- Add sugar and vanilla continue to beat until medium peaks begin to form. (3-4 mins)
- Put a star tip in a piping bag.
- Scoop the whipped cream into the pipping bag.
- Spread a layer of the whipped cream on the top of the cheesecake.
- Pipe dollops around the edge of the cheese cake.
- Sprinkle the mini gingerbread men on the dollops.
- Garnish with small gingerbread men.