This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.This no bake chocolate lasagna recipe is perfect for the chocolate lover in your family. And, if that means, you, then grab this easy recipe and whip up a batch of delicious-ness. This chocolate pudding dessert is made with chocolate sandwich cookies, cream cheese, whipped cream, and decadent chocolate pudding.
This is such a popular dessert mainly because it tastes like heaven, but also because it’s super simple to make and requires no cooking time. It’s perfect for a party or a potluck. And, if you like no bake desserts like us, try our chocolate eclair cake!
Chocolate Lasagna Recipe
This no bake layered dessert is a favorite of potlucks because it’s easy to make, easy to transport, and easy to serve. No need to mess with a large cake. Just slice and serve to you adoring fans.
It’s filled with rich chocolate flavors, and smooth textures of the pudding, and whipped topping layers. The crunch from the cookie crust makes it simply irresistible.
Chocolate Lasagna Ingredients
1 box instant vanilla pudding
1 box instant chocolate pudding
1 14.3 oz package of Oreo cookies(regular, not double stuffed)
8 oz cream cheese
16 oz cool whip
½ cup melted butter
3 cups milk
1 cup powdered sugar
chocolate bar to use for chocolate curls
How to Make Chocolate Lasagna
Add whole chocolate sandwich cookies (like, Oreos) to food processor and pulse in food processor.
Mix remaining crushed cookies with a half a cup of melted butter.
Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
Mix together the cream cheese, whipped topping, and one cup powdered sugar.
Spread the mixture over the chilled crust. Place back in the refrigerator to chill again.
Mix instant vanilla pudding and instant chocolate pudding together, adding three cups of cold milk. Whisk until smooth and thick like pudding.
Spread pudding mixture on top of the second layer.
Spread remaining whipped topping over the third layer. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbles and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
Make chocolate curls from the chocolate bar and sprinkle over top of the chocolate lasagna dessert.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
How to Make Chocolate Curls
The top of our chocolate lasagna has really pretty chocolate curls. They’re really easy to make, so don’t be intimidated.
Grab a chocolate bar, preferably one that’s a thick bittersweet chocolate. They tend to be larger bars and will hold together better when “shaving” them. Use a potato or vegetable peeler and just peel off some chocolate. Put it in a pile, then sprinkle over the top of the whipped cream layer.
Chocolate shavings – If fancy, shaved chocolate isn’t your think … or you just don’t have time for that step, you can top the layer cake with mini chocolate chips or regular chocolate chips. Just spread a few tablespoons over the top layer. Butterscotch chocolate chips would be a fun flavor to add to this easy dessert.
Crushed cookies – An alternative to chocolate chips or chocolate shavings is to crush up the cookies from the chocolate sandwich cookies and spread them on top. Be sure to scrape out the filling before crushing so you’ll get just the chocolate part. You’ll get a cleaner look this way.
Pudding – you can change the flavor of the pudding to be any kind of chocolate you like. You can stick with the generic chocolate pudding mix, or try dark chocolate, chocolate fudge pudding, or even white chocolate versions.
Tips to Make the Perfect Chocolate Lasagna Recipe
- Set your cream cheese out to come to room temperature before you start the recipe. It will make it easier to mix together with the whipped topping.
- Don’t forget to spray or butter your pan before you add the crust layer and other ingredients. You want your lasagna dessert to come out perfectly.
- Use regular chocolate sandwich cookies. The double stuff version have too much cream in them, and will alter the consistency of the crust so that it won’t stick together.
- Before adding the pudding layer, be sure it’s set up enough and is thick. If it’s too thin, the other layers won’t set correctly.
- After you have all the layers, let it set up in the refrigerator before cutting and serving. This will ensure the layers will stay intact when cutting and it will look pretty when serving.
Want More Delicious Desserts?
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding 3.4 oz. box
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding 3.4 oz. box
- 14.3 oz Oreo cookies regular, not double stuffed
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 16 oz whipped topping such as Cool Whip
- ½ cup melted butter
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- chocolate syrup
- chocolate bar to use for chocolate curls
- Set out 9 x 13 pan and spray with non-stick cooking spray, or grease with butter.
- Add whole Oreos to food processor and pulse until they are fine crumbs. Set aside one cup of the crushed Oreos for the topping.
- Mix remaining Oreo crumbs with half a cup of melted butter.
- Pat crumb mixture onto the bottom the pan. Push down to make a crust. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- In mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, 8 ounces of the whipped topping, and one cup powdered sugar.
- Spread the mixture over the chilled crust. Place back in the refrigerator to chill again.
- Mix instant vanilla pudding and instant chocolate pudding together, adding three cups of cold milk. Whisk until smooth and thick. Refrigerate for several minutes to thicken, if necessary.
- Spread pudding mixture on top of the cream cheese/whipped topping layer.
- Spread remaining 8 ounces of whipped topping over the third layer. Sprinkle with remaining Oreo crumbs.
- Drizzle a light layer of chocolate syrup over the entire cake.
- Take chocolate bar, and using a potato or vegetable peeler, peel off slices of chocolate to make curls. Sprinkle chocolate curls on top of layer cake.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.