Crack chicken soup is a creamy broth-based soup with chicken, bacon, broth, milk, cream cheese and vegetables. This creamy chicken soup is perfect for a cold day.
You’ll also love our crack dip recipe.
Table of Contents
Why Do They Call It Crack Chicken?
It’s called crack chicken soup because after one bite you can’t stop eating it. It’s so addicting!
Crack recipes usually involve chicken, bacon, and cream cheese – what’s not to love?
- chicken breasts
- chicken broth
- milk – whole
- cream cheese
- Ranch dressing seasoning (packet or by the shaker)
- angel hair pasta
- cheddar cheese
- garlic and garlic salt
How to Make Crack Chicken Soup
Cook bacon, remove from pan and dice. Set aside.
Next, bake the chicken breasts in the oven on 350 for about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and shred the chicken.
In large stock pot, over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon oil or butter and saute the chopped onion, celery, and carrots. Saute for about 5 minutes.
In medium-sized mixing bowl combine condensed chicken soup and 1 cup of milk. Whisk until smooth. Add the soup mixture to the pot and stir. Add in broth and stir to combine. Add in cream cheese and continue to stir as cream cheese melts. Bring to boil, stirring occassionally.
Add in ranch seasoning packet, about 2 tablespoons, 3 cloves of garlic, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and stir to combine. Add in chicken and bacon.
Turn down heat to medium-low and let simmer for 20 minutes. Add angel hair pasta noodles and cheddar cheese and stir until pasta is tender and cheese is melted, about 5-7 minutes.
How to Shred Chicken?
Place cooked chicken breasts on a cutting board. Use two forks to drag in opposite directions as you pull the chicken into pieces.
Continue to use the tines of the forks to shred the chicken into bite-sized portions.
What to Serve with Crack Soup?
This soup has it all – chicken, bacon, and vegetables – so it’s really a meal in itself, but it’s great served with:
- a side garden salad
- garlic bread
Want More Comforting Soup Recipes?
More Favorite’s From Balancing Motherhood
Crack Chicken Soup
- 3 cups chicken shredded
- 10.5 oz. condensed chicken soup
- 6 cups chicken stock low sodium
- 1 cup milk whole
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup carrots diced
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 1 small onion
- 10 slices bacon cooked and diced
- 2 Tablespoons Ranch seasoning mix
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 oz. angel hair pasta
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook bacon and let cool. Chop into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Place chicken breasts on sprayed cookie sheet, season with salt and pepper and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and shred the chicken using two forks.
- In large stock pot, over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon oil or butter and saute the chopped onion, celery, and carrots. Saute for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In medium-sized mixing bowl combine condensed chicken soup and 1 cup of milk. Whisk until smooth. Add the soup mixture to the pot and stir. Add in chicken broth and stir to combine.
- Add ranch seasoning, garlic, and garlic powder.
- Add in cream cheese and continue to stir as cream cheese melts. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally until cream cheese is incorporated into the soup.
- Add chicken and bacon, and reduce heat to medium-low. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add pasta (break in half or quarters) and cheddar cheese and cook on low until noodles are tender and cheese is melted, approximately 5-7 minutes.
What’s For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.