Roasted tomato pasta is the perfect recipe for busy weeknights. This pasta dish is packed with flavor with its asparagus, cherry tomatoes, and spinach. It will quickly become a new family favorite for sure!
This roasted tomato pasta ranks up there with our family favorite chicken noodle soup and corn chowder.
Roasted Tomato Pasta
Roasted tomato pasta is one of my favorite dishes to make. Not only is it super simple to make, but it tastes great too.
This is the perfect pasta dish for anytime of the year on those busy nights when you are rushing around or those nights when you don’t feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
What does Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes remind me of?
This pasta with roasted tomatoes dish reminds me of summer and comfort all at the same time. The noodles remind me of mom’s home cooking growing up while the freshness of the vegetables remind me of a perfect summer day.
What’s different about this Roasted Tomato Pasta?
I love that this tomato pasta recipe includes spinach and asparagus, two of my favorite flavors.
With this simple tomato based sauce it is not only a great vegetarian meal, but it is also budget friendly, and healthy for you.
It is so light that you don’t mind eating it on a warm summer’s day.
My Favorite Part of the Roasted Tomato Pasta?
When it comes to this dish, the roasted vegetables are stand out amazing. In fact, many times when I make this I double the amount of vegetables so I can add even more to this perfect pasta dish.
Roasted Tomato Pasta Ingredients
- Pasta – This pasta with roasted tomatoes is so versatile when it comes to pasta choices. I like to use a thicker pasta such as an elbow macaroni during the winter for a heartier meal, but you can use anything on hand. During the summer I tend to use a farfalle for a lighter pasta dish.
- Asparagus – The bright colors of asparagus and the crunch as you bite into them roasted can’t be beat with this pasta dish.
- Cherry Tomatoes – If you love to garden you are definitely going to want to plant some of these in there next spring. They make this pasta with roasted tomatoes pop with all kinds of flavor. Smaller tomatoes are usually way more flavorful which makes them the perfect addition to this pasta dish.
- Spinach – Spinach not only adds flavor and color, but helps strengthen your bones and provides your body with much needed folic acid as well as fiber along with Vitamins A and C.
- Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, Garlic – As you toss the vegetables with this combination you will help bring the vegetables full flavor to life. As a tip toss the vegetables and let them sit for a few minutes before roasting them.
- Tomato Sauce – This adds a touch more flavor without the heaviness of a normal pasta sauce to make this roasted tomato pasta out of this world.
- Parmesan Cheese – Technically, you don’t need to add all the parmesan cheese this recipe calls for, but why have an ice cream sundae without a cherry on top? The parmesan cheese is the topping to make this pasta dish really stand out!
How to make Roasted Tomato Pasta
Making pasta with roasted tomatoes is a simple dish that does not take a lot of time.
You will want to put your pot of salted water on the stove to boil for the noodles.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
On a sheet pan you will want to toss the asparagus, cherry tomatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Let this sit for a few minutes to soak in those flavors.
Roast your vegetables for 15 minutes. I like to do this while my pasta is cooking so they finish about the same time.
Once roasted, remove from the oven and set aside.
Cook pasta to al dente. Drain and set aside.
In a skillet over medium-high heat mix your tomato sauce and parmesan cheese. You will also want to pour in the remaining olive oil from the
roasting pan into the sauce.
Add the pasta and the baby spinach. Cook for 3 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Dish into bowls or plates.
Top with roasted cherry tomatoes and asparagus and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Tips and notes for making Roasted Tomato and Asparagus Pasta
One of my secrets to really get the flavor out of the vegetables is to toss them with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic and let them sit for a few minutes before roasting to let those flavors really come alive. Delicious!
If possible use cherry tomatoes from your garden or a farmer’s market, these are always packed with so much flavor and picked at their peak.
Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, that way you get tons of freshness in every single bite of this roasted tomato pasta dish.
When it comes to garlic, mince it to mix with the vegetables. If you are a fan of garlic leave some cloves whole as well for even more sweetness in this dish. Cook these as you roast the vegetables.
As you roast the asparagus and tomatoes keep an eye on them because you don’t want to over roast them and have them turn to mush.
If you want to make this a more hearty meal you can grill up some chicken and add that in to this dish as well.
Can You Freeze Roasted Tomato and Asparagus Pasta?
Of course, eating this pasta dish fresh is best, but you can freeze it for later. For this to work you need to cook it for one minute under al dente, toss with a touch of olive oil and then put it in freezer bags.
When you are ready to eat it again, place it in the fridge to let it thaw. When you are ready to eat, place the whole bag in boiling water for a
few minutes to warm up and cook the noodles a bit more.
What Should I Serve with Roasted Tomato Pasta?
This pasta is great by itself and has enough flavor to satisfy everyone’s taste buds, but it is great with
A small side salad
A rustic bread
If you want to add some meat to it, grilled chicken is a great addition also.
Looking for other main dishes?
- 8 Ounces cooked pasta
- 1 Pound asparagus trimmed and cut into 3 pieces
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ Pound cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 Cup baby spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Clove garlic minced
- 2 Cups tomato sauce
- ½ Cup parmesan cheese + more for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a sheet pan toss the asparagus, olive oil, cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper and garlic.
- Roast for 15 minutes (you can do this while the pasta is cooking). Remove from the oven.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat mix the tomato sauce with the parmesan cheese. Pour the olive oil that’s left in the roasting pan.
- Add the pasta and the baby spinach and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from fire. Serve.
- Top with asparagus and cherry tomatoes and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Hot Chocolate Bombs Gift Tags
Get these cute Hot Chocolate Bomb Gift Tags!