These Starburst Jello shots are a delicious and creamy strawberry Jello shot with the flavor of everyone’s favorite chewy fruit candies. Easy to make and perfect for parties, these are a fun and delicious twist on the classic Jello shot.
Everyone loves Starburst candies (especially the pink ones) and these delicious Starburst Jello shots put the creamy and fruity flavor of a strawberry Starburst into the popular party treat.
Pink Starburst Jello gives these shots their signature candy flavor, while Cool Whip adds the delicious creamy texture and vodka provides the fun boozy kick. Garnished with a Starburst candy for the perfect finishing touch, these pretty pink shots look as delicious as they taste.
These treats are a little more impressive than your average Jello shot, but they’re just as easy to make. Try this simple and delicious crowd-pleasing treat for your next party, but make sure you snag one for yourself first – they’ll disappear in a hurry!
Table of Contents
💗 Why We Love This Recipe
- Fans of Starburst candies will love these fruity and delicious strawberry Starburst shots.
- The addition of Cool Whip to the Jello mixture gives a rich and creamy texture that makes these just a little fancier than your average Jello shot.
- These treats will add some boozy fun to your next party, and their pretty pink color would make them a great addition to a Valentine’s Day gathering.
- With just a few simple ingredients, these shots are quick and easy to prepare.
- Pink Starburst Jello
- Whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
- Pink Starburst candies
🥄 How to Make Starburst Jello Shots
Step One: Prepare the Shot Mixture
- Bring water to boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add the Jello mix and stir until dissolved.
- Add Cool Whip and vodka to the Jello mixture and stir until combined.
Step Two: Garnish and Chill
- Pour the mixture into shot cups (2 oz.) and place them on a baking sheet.
- Transfer the shots to the refrigerator to chill for 6 hours.
- Garnish with a pink Starburst candy and serve.
Tips and Suggestions
- If you don’t have Jello shot cups, you can use plastic shot glasses or any small plastic cups.
- Spray a bit of non-stick spray in your shot cups before filling them to prevent the Jello from sticking to the cup.
- Store the vodka in the freezer before use. It will help your Jello to set more quickly.
- Substitute a different variety of Starburst Jello for the strawberry to make these fun shots in a different flavor and color.
- If you don’t have Starburst candies on hand, you can garnish these shots with whipped cream and pink sprinkles.
- Try a strawberry or whipped cream flavored vodka in place of the plain vodka. You could also use a strawberry liqueur.
How Do I Store Starburst Jello Shots?
Store them covered or in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Jello shots will keep for up to 5 days after you make them, but they’ll taste best if consumed within 1-2 days.
How Long Can I Keep them at Room Temperature?
You can keep them out of the refrigerator for 2-3 hours. If your party is going to last longer than that, it’s a good idea to only serve a few at a time and refill as needed.
More Jello Shot Recipes
- Lime Jello Shots
- Sangria Jello Shots
- Watermelon Jello Shots
- Rainbow Jello Shots
- Fourth of July Jello Shots
- Candy Corn Jello Shots
- Grinch Jello Shots
Strawberry Starburst Jell – O Shot
- 1 box pink Starburst Jello
- 1 cup of vodka
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of cool whip
- 16 pink starburst candies
- Bring water to boil in a saucepan.
- Add Jell-O mix and let dissolve.
- Add the vodka and the cool whip. Mix together.
- Pour mixture into 2 oz shot cups and place in refrigerator for 6 hours.
- Garnish with pink starburst.
What’s For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.