This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
This homemade peach dump cake takes just 4 easy ingredients and tastes like everything you’d hope for summer to be. It’s like a warm peach cobbler bursting with peach flavor!
This is literally one of the easiest desserts that you’ll make all year!
Peach Dump Cake
Can we all just agree that not having to spend much time on a delicious dessert is the best? This recipe calls for a dry cake mix as the main ingredient, making this an easy dessert recipe for any BBQ or gathering.
I like to use yellow cake mix but you can easily use white cake mix or even vanilla cake mix as well. Or if you want to live on the wild side, vary up the type of cake mix and change up the flavor and look.
This peach cobbler dump cake is perfect for last-minute guests and a great way to use up sliced peaches from the can.
Ingredients Needed To Make This Easy Peach Dump Cake
- 2 – 29 oz cans of sliced peaches in heavy syrup (you can opt to use peaches in light syrup if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- 3/4 cup melted butter
How To Make Cake Mix Peach Dump Cake
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
Dump one of the canned peaches (including liquid) into the baking dish. Drain the second can and add just the peaches to the bottom of the ban along with the peaches and liquid from the first can. Spread peaches evenly over the bottom of the baking dish.
Sprinkle peaches with cinnamon. Add more cinnamon if you like a lot of cinnamon.
Sprinkle the box cake mix on top of the peaches so it covers the peaches.
Melt butter and pour evenly over the cake mix.
Bake for 50-55 minutes or until the top is golden brown. We baked it for 50 minutes.
You literally are just going to need a can opener!
Have fun with this simple dessert because you can make it in so many different flavors. Canned fruits are an easy way to change up the flavor fast. Some recipes use peach pie filling.
You can also make this into a cherry dump cake, apple dump cake, or more!
Some people also love to add chopped pecans to the top right before baking.
Can you use fresh peaches in this easy cake mix recipe?
You can use fresh peaches, but you might want to sweeten up the peaches a bit if they’re not overly sweet. A little sprinkle of sugar will help in the flavor and taste of this simple dessert.
Why is it called a dump cake?
It’s because this simple dessert recipe is literally made by dumping in the ingredients. It’s not an overly “pretty” dessert but it sure tastes amazing and also is fast!
How To Store Leftover Dump Cake
You’re going to want to store any leftovers in the fridge with a lid covering them. Keeping it cool is the key to keeping it good to enjoy for a few more days.
Tips For Baking This Easy Peach Dessert
Even though you just need four ingredients to make this easy dessert, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Keep the liquid! Don’t be too quick in draining those peaches as the liquid is part of the dessert!
- You can always add in more cinnamon if you’re a fan of cinnamon to give it that flavor and taste.
- The way that you’re going to know that this simple recipe is done baking is by looking at the top. It should start to turn a golden-brown coloring, indicating that it’s time to take it out of the oven.
Have fun baking up this simple dump cake with fruit filling. It’s such an easy way to add a dessert to satisfy all the sweet tooth cravings in your family.
This is also a great recipe to plan for a family vacation or family reunions if you’re staying at a beach house or somewhere fun like that. It makes it super simple to have a homemade dessert without having be in the kitchen too long.
I really think you’re going to like this easy peach dump cake recipe! Don’t forget to top it with some whipped cream or a big scoop of ice cream! It’s totally up to you how you want to enjoy it! Best of all – vary up the flavors and make it over and over again.
This might just become your favorite summertime dessert.
Want More Dump Cake Recipes?
Peach Dump Cake
- 2 29 ounce cans of sliced peaches in heavy syrup
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cups melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Dump one can of peaches (including liquid) into the baking dish. Drain the second can and add just the peaches to the bottom of the ban along with the peaches and liquid from the first can.
- Spread peaches evenly over bottom of baking dish.
- Sprinkle peaches with cinnamon. Add more cinnamon if you like a lot of cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the cake mix on top of the peaches so it covers the peaches.
- Pour melted butter evenly over the cake mix.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until the top is golden brown. We baked it for 50 minutes.
12 Days of Cookies!
Get 12 AMAZING Christmas cookie recipes in your email!