This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
Pumpkin dump cake is an easy fall recipe that you just dump and bake. The bottom layer is a perfect, creamy pumpkin pie topped with a buttery pecan cake layer.
Top it with whipped cream or serve with ice cream for the perfect fall dessert. It’s a great dessert for Thanksgiving or Christmas and is portable.
Pumpkin Dump Cake
What is a dump cake anyway? It’s so simple, that it’s crazy. We love using pumpkin in the fall and this cake can’t be easier. You just stir and dump it in a pan and bake.
I don’t know about you, but I need easy. Especially in the fall and around the holidays when schedule and life gets super busy. This pumpkin dump cake recipe fits the bill for easy dessert.
If you love an easy fall dessert, you have to try our pecan dump cake.
- pumpkin puree – not pumpkin pie filling
- evaporated milk – gives it a pie-like texture
- eggs – will bind the pumpkin puree mixture
- sugar – white, granulated sugar
- cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice – all the fall flavors!
- yellow cake mix – you can also use a spice cake mix if you want
- butter – stick butter that you can slice
- pecans or walnuts – either works great with this fall cake
How To Make Pumpkin Dump Cake
Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9×13-inch baking dish and set aside.
In medium-sized mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice and mix to combine.
Pour the pumpkin mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Next, pour the dry yellow cake mix evenly over the top of the pumpkin puree mixture.
Melt the butter and pour on top of the cake mix.
Finally, spread the chopped nuts evenly over the top of the cake.
Bake the dessert for 1 hour.
What I Love About This Recipe
Unlike other dump cakes, this pumpkin version is more cake like. It retains its shape because the pumpkin layer becomes like a pumpkin pie. Then, it’s topped with the nuts and other ingredients that give it a great crunch.
You’ll also love our pumpkin french toast casserole, a perfect fall breakfast treat!
Want More Fall Recipes?
- 30 ounces pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans can also use walnuts
- whipped cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- In medium-sized mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice and mix to combine.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Pour the dry yellow cake mix evenly over the top of the pumpkin puree mixture.
- Melt the butter and pour on top of the cake mix.
- Finally, spread the chopped nuts evenly over the top of the cake.
- Bake for 1 hour.
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.