This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
These 4-ingredient Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies are the softest cookies and are full of strawberry flavor. They are simple and delicious treat that you can enjoy all year long. With a few basic steps, you will have this strawberry cake mix cookie recipe ready to enjoy in just a few minutes.
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
I love making easy desserts like this chocolate lasagna recipe. So when my kids suggested we make some Valentine’s treats this year for friends and neighbors I got excited!
I wanted something simple enough so that my kids could help with, but also something that was festive and looked pretty!
These strawberry cake mix cookies check all those boxes! Easy to make, quick, and delicious!
I love these cake mix cookies because they’re so perfectly pink that they fit for all kinds of occasions.These cookies make the best cookies for Valentine’s Day, a holiday party, or even a baby shower!
They are also the perfect cookie when you are feeling like a quick strawberry flavored dessert!
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookie Recipe
Desserts don’t have to be complex and once you try these cookies you will see how easy and delicious they are. With just 4 simple ingredients your guest will be asking for more!
Strawberry Cake Mix Ingredients
Strawberry Cake Mix – For these strawberry cake mix cookies you can use any box of strawberry cake mix cookies.
Vegetable oil – The vegetable oil helps make the cookies be a very moist cookie.
Eggs – Egg plays an important role in this recipe. They help add moisture and help the cookie to form.
Confectioners Sugar – Confectioners sugar is the preferred sugar when making icing because it dissolves very easily and can bring a sweetness that you crave with these cookies.
How to Make Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
This cookie recipe only takes a few minutes to mix together due to very few ingredients. You will spend most of your time waiting for these cookies to bake.
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer on low speed combine the dry cake mix with vegetable oil, and eggs.
- Next, using a medium-size cookie scoop measure out the batter and place the pre-measured scoop balls evenly spaced on the prepared baking sheet.
- If desired, add in chocolate chips or other mix-in treats.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the top of the cookies start to crack or the edges start to turn brown.
- Remove cookies from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack. Let them rest for a few minutes on the pan before trying to move. They are a bit more delicate because they are made from cake mix.
- Prepare the glaze while the cookies are cooling by whisking together the confectioners sugar and milk together to the desired drizzling consistency.
- Once the cookies are cooled you can add the final touch by drizzling the glaze on top of the cookies using a piping bag or spoon.
Tips and Notes for Making this Strawberry Cake Mix Cookie Recipe
- Use a medium-sized cookie scoop to measure batter this will help evenly place cookies on the pan and allow the cookies to cook evenly.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper to keep them from sticking. This works great and makes for easy cleanup.
- Cook cookies in the oven for 8-10 minutes but no more than 10 minutes to prevent them from drying out and falling apart.
- Once you remove from oven let them sit for 3 minutes on the tray to allow them to have time to set before moving them to the cooling rack.
- Use a cooling rack will help allow cookies to cool all the way before icing them and will allow excess icing to run off. Be sure to put something under the cooking rack if you are going to drizzle on it to save a big mess on your counters.
- To add more flavor and fun try adding in m&ms, chocolate chips or other fun candy bits.
Can You Add Other Ingredients To This Recipe?
Yes, you can add other ingredients to these strawberry cake mix cookies.
I’ve added m&m’s, dark chocolate chips, and even white chocolate chips instead of drizzling the glaze on top.
You can even try your favorite chocolate or candy bar pieces and see what you think.
These cookies are also great with buttercream icing on top — they’ll taste just like a slice of cake!
Can I Use a Stand mixer?
Yes, you can use a stand mixer when making strawberry cake mix cookies. As always when using a stand mixer you will find that you have free hands and you may be able to use your hands for other efforts.
If you do decide to use the stand mixer, you will find using the paddle attachment will help you to get the cookie dough mixed perfectly every time.
What if My Glaze is too Thin?
Thin strawberry cake mix glaze tends to happen sometimes. If this happens, you’ll want to add more confectioners sugar to thicken it. If it is too thick, just add more milk, a tablespoon at a time.
I suggest starting with just 4 tablespoons of milk for the glaze. Move up to 6 tablespoons if you need to.
You can see that your glaze will have thicker more defined stripes on the cookies when you use choose to use less milk.
How Can I Store Strawberry Cake mix cookies
To store these cake mix cookies you’ll want to store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a 1 week.
Can I Freeze Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies?
These strawberry cake mix cookies do freeze really well.
You’ll want to let them cool and then, once frozen, place them in a freezer-safe bag for no more than 2 months.
Can I Use Other Cake Mix Flavors?
What is great about this recipe is that it is so versatile. If you’re feeling like vanilla cake mix cookies, use vanilla cake mix. If you’re feeling like lemon cake mix cookies, use lemon cake mix.
The possibilities are endless with this versatile recipe.
Want more Strawberry Recipes? Check these out
- Strawberry Poke Cake
- Strawberry Pie
- Whipped Strawberry Milk
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Strawberry Lemon Lasagna
- 1 box strawberry cake mix – 15.25 ounce
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 4-6 Tablespoons of milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on low speed to combine the strawberry cake, vegetable oil, and eggs.
- Use a medium sized cookie scoop to measure batter, and place evenly spaced on the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the surface of the cookie begins to crack and the edges begin to turn brown.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- While the cookies are cooling, prepare the claze by whisking together the confectioners sugar and milk.
- Use a piping bag or spoon to drizzle the cooled cookies with the glaze. Allow the glaze to set before serving.
12 Days of Cookies!
Get 12 AMAZING Christmas cookie recipes in your email!