This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
These cranberry crescent rolls couldn’t be easier to make. I cheat a bit and use the store-bought canned crescent rolls and stuff them with the cranberry sauce. These make a flavorful side dish to any holiday meal.
This homemade cranberry sauce is so much better than store bought. And, it’s what makes these crescents special. You could substitute with a jarred cranberry sauce if you’re in a hurry.
Put a dolup (about a tablespoon) of the cranberry sauce on each rolled out crescent pastry.
Then roll the pastry up like you normally would based on the package instructions. Just tuck the end corner under.
Bake and you can drizzle some glaze on top if you want a sweet touch. Just add a little milk to some powdered sugar to make the glaze. These cranberry crescent rolls make a great holiday side dish. You can make the cranberry sauce ahead of time, then just assemble and bake the day of your dinner.
You’ll also love our crescent roll danishes!
- 8 ct package of store bought crescent rolls in the package
Homemade Cranberry Sauce Ingredients:
- 12 oz bag of fresh cranberries rinsed
- 1/2 orange
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3/4 C. maple syrup
- 1/2 water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Homemade Cranberry Sauce Instructions:
- Place the fresh cranberries in the bottom of a large saucepan.
- Add in the cinnamon stick, maple syrup and water.
- Peel the orange with vegetable peeler and add the orange zest to the pan.
- Peel the rest of the orange and add to the pan with the other ingredients and discard the peel.
- Heat the cranberry mixture on low/medium heat stirring occasionally for 45-60 minutes.
- Once the mixture begins to soften and melt together remove the cinnamon stick.
- Use a hand held mixer to puree the cranberry sauce.
Cranberry Crescent Roll Instructions:
- Open the crescent roll container and discard the packaging.
- Unroll each crescent roll and place about 2 tablespoons of the homemade cranberry sauce on each crescent pastry.
- Gently roll each crescent and place about 2″ a part on the baking sheet.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden and the crescents are cooked through.