There’s nothing like fresh peaches to scream summertime! We buy peaches in batches from local farmers at the different farmer’s markets throughout the summer and eat them just as they are. In summer I like to make desserts that use fresh ingredients so I came up with this easy peach cobbler recipe that has a moist and fluffy cake-like topping.
This one is delicious and is made quick and easy in the Instant Pot.
We haven’t made too many desserts in the Instant Pot, but thought, why does everything that’s easy have to be a main meal or a side dish — why not use the Instant Pot for dessert. Enter this quick peach cobbler recipe! I love how easy it is to make!
Can You Make Peach Cobbler with Cake Mix?
Yes, you can use a cake mix as the topping for peach cobbler. It makes it super easy to get a really fluffy topping.
Quick Peach Cobbler Ingredients
This quick and easy peach cobbler recipe only needs a few ingredients. I’m using a box cake mix to simplify the topping. It’s easy, moist, and delicious.
You’ll need to use the steamer rack that comes with your Instant pot. Put it at the bottom and add the water.
Mix together the cake mix and stir in the cinnamon and nutmeg.
Mix the butter — You can use a fork, or two knives, to “cut” the butter into the cake mixture.
Until it the butter is fully incorporated and it grainy feeling.
The peaches go in the bowl and add your cake mixture on top.
I used a simple pyrex baking dish for this peach cobbler recipe.
Place foil on top of the dish so that the water won’t get into the peach cobbler.
Set your Instant Pot to manual setting for 10 minutes. Once the pressure is fully released from the Instant Pot carefully remove your peach cobbler … use oven mitts as it will be hot.
It’s nice and warm, ready for dessert! We love this way to make peach cobbler. The Instant Pot makes it super easy and quick, but the flavor and taste is the same as if you cooked it in the oven for twice the time.
Nothing like fresh peaches in dessert. Grab a fork and dig in.
Doesn’t that look inviting?
Add some vanilla ice cream! Perfection!
Eat it hot, right out of the instant pot, or you can save some for later … if there’s any left!
- 6 peaches medium
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter unsalted, softened
- Peel and slice peaches and place in an oven safe bowl. I used a 5 cup Pyrex dish.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine ½ of the package of cake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter. Using a fork, blend butter into dry mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle cake mix over top of your peaches. Then place a piece of foil over the top of your bowl to keep dripping water out of your cobbler.
- Insert your steam rack into the Instant Pot. Pour in one cup of water.
- Place your cobbler dish on top of the steam rack.
- Lock lid in place and set manual to 10 minutes. Set the valve to sealing.
- Once the timer beeps, allow to set for 10 more minutes. Then release any pressure.
- Remove the Instant Pot lid and carefully remove your cobbler. Take the foil off and and if desired, place your cobbler into your oven under the broiler for about 3 minutes to brown the top.
- Serve warm. Optional: top with vanilla ice cream.
Favorite Instant Pot Recipes
Amazing Chocolate Dessert Recipes!
Subscribe and download your FREE chocolate dessert recipes ebook!