This easy and delicious Just Crack an Egg copycat recipe makes a healthy and super satisfying breakfast on the go. Filled with fluffy scrambled eggs, tender potatoes, gooey cheese and savory bacon, it’s just like having a tasty omelet in a mug.
Just Crack an Egg Copycat Recipe
Weekday mornings can be a little hectic trying to get out the door to work, school, or other activities. That’s means there are days when there’s very little time for a home cooked healthy breakfast. That’s what makes these crack an egg scrambles the perfect solution.
You precook the potatoes and bacon the night before so that in the morning, it takes less than 5 minutes to assemble and cook and entire breakfast in one cup.
You’ve probably seen the prepackaged egg scramble breakfast bowl kits in the grocery store. Now you can make your own, more affordable, version at home with just 4 simple ingredients. With this simple recipe, you can cook individual breakfasts for your whole family in less time than it takes to run through a drive-through.
Other great make ahead breakfast recipes are this Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole and this easy Grits Casserole. Both can be made the night before and reheated for a quick and easy breakfast.
💓 Why We Love This Recipe
- These breakfast scrambles are an excellent source of protein and an easy way to make a healthy and quick breakfast in just minutes.
- You can make these egg breakfast bowls with a variety of different ingredients that helps to change up the flavors each morning.
- Cooking breakfast in a mug or a small mason jar is a super fun twist on traditional egg cups that your kids are going to love.
- Small, diced potatoes (cooked according to package directions)
- Cooked crispy and crumbled bacon
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Large fresh egg
Tip: Cook the potatoes and bacon the night before for easy breakfast meal prep.
🧑🏻🍳 How to Make Crack an Egg Breakfast Scramble
Step One: Prepare the Container
- Spray an 8-ounce clear microwave-safe container, glass jar or ceramic mug with cooking spray.
Step Two: Add All the Ingredients
- Place the cooked potatoes, bacon, cheese, and egg into the container.
- Mix very well so everything is coated in the egg.
Step Three: Cook and Serve
- Place in the microwave and cook for 1 minute.
- Carefully remove the container and stir. Cook for an additional 30 seconds until cooked through. Actual microwave times may vary based on the wattage of your microwave.
Allow to cool slightly and serve.
Caution: The container will be very hot when you first take it out of the microwave.
Scrambled Egg Bowl Variations
This is a copycat version of the Just Crack an Egg All American Scramble Breakfast Bowl Kit, but the best part of making your own egg kit is that you can try out all sorts of different variations.
You can change the cheese, the type of potatoes, add other fresh ingredients or even add extra cooked protein for a heartier option.
- Sharp or mild cheddar cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Smoked Gouda
- Colby Jack
- Monterey Jack
- Cooked hash browns
- Cubed and cooked sweet potatoes
- Ground Turkey Sausage
- Ground Pork Sausage
- Crumbled Turkey Bacon
- Plant-Based Meat Alternatives
- Seasoned Ground Beef
- Taco Meat
- Seasoned Ground Turkey
- Seasoned Ground Chicken
- Chicken Sausage
- Canadian Bacon
- Uncured Bacon
Other Fresh Ingredients
- Bell pepper (red peppers or green peppers)
- Summer Squash
- Shredded Cabbage
- Hot Peppers
- Baby spinach
Can I Add Extra Eggs?
You can add two large eggs but make sure you use a 16-ounce container instead. You’ll also want to add an extra 30 seconds, up to a minute of extra cook time.
How Do I Know If the Eggs are Done?
It is easiest to cook these in a clear container, like a mason jar or other glass microwave-safe container, you can see the mixture. If there’s a visible dark yellow color and it appears wet, that means it is still some uncooked egg in the container.
More Breakfast Recipes
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Dollywood Cinnamon Bread
- Pumpkin French Toast Casserole
- Twisted Bacon
- Cinnamon Sugar Muffins
- Sausage Gravy
- Hot Chocolate Donut Holes
Copycat Just Crack an Egg
- 1/4 cup small diced cooked potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons chopped bacon
- 2 Tablespoons shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
- Spray an 8-ounce clear microwave safe container with cooking spray.
- Place the potatoes, bacon, cheese, and egg into the container. Mix very well so everything is coated in the egg.
- Place in the microwave and cook for 1 minute. Carefully remove the container and stir.
- Cook for an additional 30 seconds until cooked through. Caution, it will be very hot, allow to cool slightly and serve.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on @thebalancingmom and follow on Tiktok @balancingmotherhood and Pinterest @thebalancingmom for more!
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.
Leave a Review!