These Halloween candied apples are a fun and spooky twist on a classic fall treat. With their creamy candy coating, bright purple color, and festive decorations, they’re a cute and delicious addition to your Halloween party table.
Halloween Candied Apples
The candied apple gets a creative Halloween makeover with this delicious treat that’s sure to steal the show at your Halloween party this year. Crunchy apple slices are placed on sticks and covered with a sweet candy coating in a vibrant purple color. Then, the apples are decorated with fun and festive Halloween sprinkles and candy decorations.
Not only are these treats sweet and delicious, but they’re also quick and easy, and they’ll look terrific on any dessert table. Try this easy recipe for all your fall parties, school events, or even just a fun snack. These treats are sure to get everyone in the Halloween spirit.
💗 Why We Love This Recipe
- Halloween candied apples put a fun and spooky twist on a traditional candied apple, making them a perfect choice for any Halloween party.
- Using apple slices instead of whole apples makes them easier to eat, and you get several servings out of a single apple.
- The fun appearance and smaller size of these candied apples makes them a perfect treat for a children’s party or classroom event.
- They’re quick and easy to make and there’s no baking required.
- microwave safe bowl
- baking sheet
- sharp knife
- measuring cups
- granny smith apples
- purple candy melts
- coconut oil (as needed)
- Halloween sprinkles
- popsicle sticks
👩🍳 How to Make Halloween Candied Apples
Step One: Prepare the Apples
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Slice apples into slices that are about a half inch wide. You should be able to get 3-5 slices depending on the size of the apples.
- Use a paper towel to pat down both sides of the apple slices to remove moisture. Cut a slit into the apple base with a sharp knife and slide the popsicle stick into the apple.
- Remove any exposed seeds and place the apples on the baking sheet.
Step Two: Add the Candy and Toppings
- Melt the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between each increment. Continue until the candy is completely melted.
- Slowly add coconut oil as needed to thin out the chocolate so that it is easier to use. Spread the chocolate on top of each apple.
- While the chocolate is still hot, scatter the sprinkles onto the top. Place the pan in the fridge to help the chocolate set.
Tips and Suggestions
Be sure to dry the apples as much as you can before adding the melted candy. If there is too much moisture, the chocolate will not stick.
- After assembling the apples, you can brush some fresh lemon juice on the side of the apple that doesn’t have the candy topping. This will help keep it from turning brown.
- If the candy starts to harden up before you’re done coating all the apples, you may need to put it back in the microwave for another 15-20 seconds.
- Instead of slicing the apples and putting them on sticks, you can cut the apples into wedges and dip each wedge into the melted candy, then add the sprinkles.
- Rather than using apple slices, you can dip the entire apple into the candy to make a full-sized candy apple.
- Try other colors of candy melts – green and orange would both work well with the Halloween decorations.
- You can add any toppings that you like. Try some candy eyeballs to go with the Halloween theme. Or add some chopped nuts or Halloween M&Ms.
How Should I Serve Halloween Candied Apples?
These would be a perfect Halloween party dessert, or you could wrap them individually in plastic wrap or party bags and hand them out as party favors. They would also make a great after school snack, since they’re a clever and fun way to get your kids to eat some healthy fruit.
How Do I Store Halloween Candied Apples?
For best results, serve the candied apples as soon as they are prepared. If you do have leftovers, you can wrap them individually in cling wrap and store them in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
What Kind of Apples Should I Use?
Granny Smith apples work well for this because they have a great crunch and a tart flavor that offsets the sweetness of the candy. If you prefer a sweeter apple, you can try Jazz, Gala, or Honeycrisp, but any kind of apples you have on hand should work
More Halloween Recipes
- Pumpkin Pudding Shots
- Spider Web Cookie
- Witch Hat Cookies
- Jack-o-Lantern Cheesecakes
- Halloween Cookie Bars
- Mummy Cookies
- Graveyard Dirt Cups
- Nutter Butter Ghost Halloween Treats
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip
- Halloween Puppy Chow
- Halloween Bundt Cake
Halloween Candied Apple Slices
- 1 baking sheet
- Wax paper
- 2 small microwave safe bowls
- 10 popsicle sticks
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1 cup purple candy melts
- 1/4 cup coconut oil as needed
- 1/2 cup Halloween sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Slice granny smith apples into about 1/2 inch wide slices. You should be able to get between 3-5 slices depending on how large your apple is.
- Use a paper towel to pat down each side of the apple slices to remove moisture.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a slit into the apple base and slide the popsicle stick into it.
- Remove any exposed seeds and lay down apples onto the baking sheet.
- Place the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl for 30-second increments, stirring between, until melted.
- Slowly add coconut oil 1/2 teaspoon at a time (as needed) to thin out the chocolate a bit so that it is easier to use.
- Spread the chocolate on top of the apple.
- While the chocolate is still hot, scatter the sprinkles onto the top of the chocolate.
- Place the pan in the fridge to help the chocolate set.
• Be sure to remove the excess moisture or the chocolate will not stick on the apples.
• If you want to avoid browning, brush a small amount of lemon juice on the exposed apple surface after the apple is assembled.
• Sprinkles that land on the apples may bleed
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on @thebalancingmom and follow on Tiktok @balancingmotherhood and Pinterest @thebalancingmom for more!
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.
Leave a Review!