This bunny bait is a festive Easter treat that you’ll want to serve at all your spring parties and events. Quick and easy to make, this pretty pastel snack mix is so delicious that you won’t be able to stop eating it!
If you’ve never tried bunny bait before, you’re in for a treat. Similar to muddy buddies, it’s a sweet and salty snack mix that contains cereal pieces covered in melted chocolate or almond bark and topped with powdered sugar, but this Easter version also mixes in some of our favorite springtime flavors and treats.
With creamy almond bark, salty pretzels, crunchy cereal, festive sprinkles and plenty of Easter candy, this addictively delicious mix has something for everyone. It’s also full of pretty spring colors that make it look just as delicious as it tastes!
Try this colorful and festive recipe this Easter season and you’ll have a new favorite treat for snacking and entertaining. Perfect for parties and popular with kids and adults alike, this fun snack mix is a guaranteed hit wherever you take it.
Table of Contents
This Easter bunny bait snack mix is similar to puppy chow, or what some people call muddy buddies, but with special twists to make it the perfect treat for Easter. We’ve added pastel candies, pretzels, and a fun cake imx to make this a sweet and salty treat you can’t resist. Some even say this is an Easter crack because it’s so addictive.
💗 Why We Love This Recipe
- The pretty pastel color and festive sprinkles make this a perfect treat for Easter celebrations and brunches.
- There are just a few simple ingredients in this no bake recipe, and it’s incredibly quick and easy to make.
- This versatile Easter mix is pretty and delicious enough to serve at a party but would also make a simple dessert or a great snack for family movie nights.
- It’s a budget friendly treat that can easily serve a large crowd.
- Square rice cereal
- Mini pretzel twists (or pretzel sticks)
- White almond bark (or white candy melts)
- Funfetti cake mix
- Powdered sugar
- Pastel mini marshmallows
- Pastel M&Ms
- Mini Cadbury Eggs
- Easter or spring sprinkles
🥄 How to Make Bunny Bait
Step One: Mix Ingredients and Almond Bark
- Pour your cake mix onto a rimmed cookie sheet and heat for 5 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, melt the almond bark in 30 second intervals, stirring in between each interval, until completely melted and smooth.
- Add the cereal and pretzels to the melted chocolate and stir to coat the entire mixture.
- Place the coated cereal and pretzels in a large Ziploc bag or 2 gallon bags.
Step Two: Add the Sugar Coating and Candy
- Sprinkle half the powdered sugar in one bag and the other half in the other bag. Divide the cake mix and add half to each bag as well.
- Pour your desired amount of Easter sprinkles in each bag, then add the mini marshmallows, Cadbury eggs, and M&Ms.
- Zip the bags and shake the mixture until all the cereal is coated with the sugar and cake mix.
Tips and Suggestions
- When ready to serve, you can pour the mixture into a strainer before placing it in your serving bowl. This will help to get rid of any excess sugar and crumbs.
- Once coated with the sugar and cake mix, spread the mixture out on a baking sheet covered with wax paper to allow the melted almond bark to set before serving. You can also place it in the freezer for a few minutes to speed up this process.
- Be gentle when stirring the melted almond bark into the cereal. You’ll want to try to keep the cereal pieces intact, so you don’t end up with too many crumbs.
- You can use chocolate almond bark in place of the white to coat your cereal mixture. Dark or white chocolate chips, or even peanut butter chips will also work.
- Feel free to change up the mix-ins. You can add nuts, Reese’s Pieces, jelly beans, coconut flakes, or anything you prefer.
- Substitute vanilla, lemon, or strawberry cake mix in place of the Funfetti.
Where Do I Serve Easter Bait?
This is one of those fun recipes that’s perfect to get the kids to help with. Have them make this and put it out the night before Easter to catch the Easter bunny! (And, you need to make these resurrection rolls that night too!) The Easter bunny can’t resist this yummy Easter recipe.
Class parties – this is an easy treat to make for all of the spring class parties. Make a big batch and separate into small zip top bags for individual treat bags.
How Do I Store Bunny Bait?
- Store your leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- You can also freeze it in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to three months, then thaw at room temperature.
Can I Adapt This Recipe for Other Holidays?
Absolutely – You can simply use different colors of M&M candies and sprinkles and add other seasonal treats to make a mixture that’s suitable for Christmas, Halloween, St. Patrick’s Day, or any occasion at all!
- 8 cups square rice cereal
- 2 cups mini pretzel twists
- 1 pound white almond bark
- 1 ½ cups funfetti cake mix
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 cups fruit mini marshmallows
- 2 cups pastel M&Ms
- 2 cups mini Cadbury Eggs
- Easter sprinkles
- Start by heating your cake mix on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes, set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt your almond bark in 30 second intervals until all melted and smooth.
- To the melted chocolate add your cereal and pretzels and stir to coat all the pieces.
- Place the coated cereal and pretzels in one very large ziploc bag or 2 gallon bags.
- Sprinkle half the powdered sugar in one bag and the other half in the other bag.
- Split the cake mix between the two bag as well.
- Pour your desired amount of sprinkles in each bag.
- Add the mini marshmallows, M&Ms and Cadbury eggs.
- Zip the bags up and shake around until all the cereal is coated with the sugar and cake mix.
What’s For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.