This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
These adorable Grinch truffles are a fun and delicious addition to any Christmas gathering. With rich golden Oreo cream cheese filling and a sweet and creamy chocolate coating, these easy treats are decadent enough to satisfy any sweet tooth.
And with the Grinch’s signature bright green color and tiny red candy hearts, they’re cute enough to steal the spotlight on any holiday dessert table.
Fans of the Grinch movies will love these fun and festive Grinch-themed truffles, which are delicious enough for a special occasion but easy enough to make anytime you need a holiday treat. Their cute appearance and delicious Golden Oreo cheesecake filling will be a huge hit with your party guests, your kids, or anyone you decide to share them with. But they’re so good that we wouldn’t blame you if you decided not to share.
Give these easy and delicious homemade truffles a try this holiday season – they may just become your new go-to dessert.
💗 Why We Love This Recipe
- These truffles are so cute and festive – they’re sure to be a hit at all your holiday parties.
- They look impressive and taste delicious, but no one will suspect how easy they are to make.
- Homemade truffles make a terrific holiday gift for friends, neighbors, and teachers.
- With just a few ingredients and no baking required, these are super quick to whip up any time you need a treat.
- They’re much more affordable and more delicious than store-bought candy.
- Food processor
- Mixing bowls
- Electric mixer
- Cookie scoop
- Baking sheet
- Dipping tool or forks
- Cream cheese, softened
- Golden Oreos
- Light green melting chocolate
- Heart sprinkles
🥄 How to Make Grinch Truffles
Step One: Make the Truffle Mixture
- Put the softened cream cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Using a food processor, crush up your Oreos into a fine crumb.
- Add the Oreo crumbs to the cream cheese and use an electric mixer to combine.
Step Two: Form Into Balls
- Form the mixture into balls using a 1½ tablespoon cookie scoop and set the balls on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Place the tray in the freezer to chill.
Step Two: Dip and Decorate
- When ready to dip, heat the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals until it’s smooth and melted.
- Dip each ball into the white chocolate. Using 2 forks, shake off any excess chocolate and place the truffle back onto the parchment paper.
- Drizzle a little extra chocolate on top and finish with a heart sprinkle
More Grinch Recipes
- Grinch Fudge
- Grinch Hot Chocolate
- Grinch Pretzel Bites
- Grinch Crinkle Cookies
- Grinch Rice Krispies Treats
- Grinch Truffles
- Grinch Jello Shots
- Grinch Popcorn
- Grinch Thumbprint Cookies
- 20 Grinch Christmas Desserts
Tips and Suggestions
- If you don’t want to use a food processor, you can crush the Oreos using a rolling pin. Just make sure there are no large cookie pieces left.
- Don’t skip chilling your truffles – this will make them much easier to dip.
- Make sure the cream cheese is completely softened (room temperature is best) before you start. Otherwise, it won’t blend as well, and you could end up with clumps of cream cheese in your truffles.
- You can make these smaller and get more out of the yield.
- You can add a splash of vanilla to the mix if you like.
- If you prefer the traditional chocolate Oreos, you can use those instead. Any flavored variety will also work.
- You can add a bit of green sanding sugar on top of these for a little extra sparkle.
Store these in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Yes, they’ll keep for 2 months in the freezer in an airtight container or freezer bag.
More Christmas Recipes
- Red Velvet Krispie Treats
- Red Velvet Fudge
- Eggnog Bread
- Hidden Kiss Cookies
- Christmas Tree Meringues
- Christmas Crack
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened (1 block)
- 14.3 ounces Golden Oreos 1 package
- 16 ounces light green melting chocolate
- Heart sprinkles
- In a large mixing bowl add your softened cream cheese.
- Crush up your oreos into a fine crumb in your food processor.
- To the cream cheese add your oreo crumbs.
- Using an electric mixer stir to combine.
- I use a 1 ½ tablespoon cookie scoop to make the balls and set on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Place the tray with the truffles into the freezer to chill, this will make dipping much easier.
- When ready to dip melt the chocolate in 30 second intervals in the microwave until smooth and melted.
- Dip each ball into the white chocolate and using 2 forks shake off any excess chocolate and place back onto the parchment paper.
- I drizzle a little extra chocolate on top and finish with a heart sprinkle.
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.