This Grinch popcorn is a festive and delicious snack that deserves a spot in all your holiday family fun. Freshly popped corn is colored a bright shade of Grinch green and topped with mini marshmallows, M&Ms, and adorable tiny red heart candies. It’s an addictively delicious combination of sweet and salty flavors in a cute and fun holiday package.
If you’re looking for the perfect holiday snack, look no further than this delicious Grinch popcorn. It has sweet and savory flavors with a satisfying crunch, and it looks as good as it tastes. It’s also super easy and inexpensive to make, so you can whip up a batch whenever the mood strikes. Great for parties and always a huge hit with kids, this is one of the most versatile treats you’ll make this season. From tree decorating to Christmas movie marathons, you’ll want to make this delicious recipe one of your new favorite holiday traditions.
More Grinch Recipes
You’ll also love our Grinch Truffles, Grinch Pretzel Bites, and Grinch Crinkle Cookies.
💗 Why We Love This Recipe
- It’s pretty enough to serve at a party but it also makes a great snack that you can serve any time.
- It’s perfect for the holidays – serve it with some hot chocolate or cider while you’re decorating the tree or watching Christmas movies.
- It’s versatile – you can change the colors and the candy mix-ins for different occasions and holidays.
- Kids love popcorn, and they’ll really love this fun green version with candy. Put it in individual treat bags and it would be perfect for a children’s party or school event.
🥄 Recommended Tools
- Large pot
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Tray or baking sheet
- Popcorn kernels
- Vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt
- Green regular and oil-based food coloring
- Green M&M candies
- Mini marshmallows
- Red decorator candy hearts
👩🍳 How to Make Grinch Popcorn
Step One: Make the Popcorn
- Pour the oil and the oil based green food coloring in a large heavy pot.
- Add the kernels and stir, making sure they are completely coated with the oil.
- Heat the kernels and oil over medium heat until the first few kernels pop.
- Place the lid on and shake the pot over the heat while the kernels continue popping.
- When the popping slows down, remove the pot from the heat.
Step Two: Add the Candy
- Pour the popcorn onto a tray.
- Toss the marshmallows with a small amount of regular green food coloring.
- Sprinkle candy hearts, M&M candies, and marshmallows over the popcorn. Serve and enjoy.
Tips and Suggestions
- Be sure to pay careful attention to the kernels as they are popping. You’ll want to remove them from the heat as soon as the popping starts to slow down, so you don’t end up with any burned pieces.
- Let the finished popcorn rest for a rest minute in a single layer on your pan or cookie sheet to make sure all the food coloring is dry before you serve or store it.
- Feel free to add your favorite mix-ins. Mini pretzels, nuts, and Chex mix would all be great additions.
- Change the ingredients and colors for other holidays. You can use red and pink for Valentine’s Day, pastel for easter, or toss in some candy corn and orange coloring for Halloween.
- Drizzle the cooled popcorn with some melted white chocolate to make it taste more like a dessert popcorn.
How Do I Store Grinch Popcorn?
Store your popcorn in an airtight container at room temperature and it should keep for about a week.
Can I Freeze Grinch Popcorn?
You can, but we don’t recommend it. The texture just isn’t quite as good after it has been frozen and thawed. But since this is such an easy and inexpensive recipe, you can just make more!
More Cute Christmas Treats
- Reindeer Krispies Treats
- Grinch Truffles
- Christmas Tree Meringues
- Santa Nutter Butter Cookies
- Melted Snowman Bark
- Candy Cane Danishes
- Christmas Wreath Cookies
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- green regular and oil based food coloring
- green M&M candies
- mini marshmallows
- red decorator candy hearts
- Place the oil and oil based green food coloring in a large pot
- Stir in the kernels, coating completely with the oil
- Heat over medium heat until the first few kernels pop
- Place the lid on and shake the pot over the heat
- Remove the pot from the heat when the popping slows down and pour the popcorn onto a tray
- Toss the marshmallows with a small amount of regular green food color
- Sprinkle M&M candies, marshmallows, and candy hearts over the popcorn
- Serve, share, and enjoy!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on @thebalancingmom and follow on Tiktok @balancingmotherhood and Pinterest @thebalancingmom for more!
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.
Leave a Review!