This easy frozen mango margarita is a fruity and refreshing cocktail that you’ll want to make for all your summer parties! Bursting with tropical mango flavor, this icy and refreshing cocktail is the perfect drink to cool you off on a hot day.
Table of Contents
Frozen Mango Margarita
There’s nothing like a fruity frozen cocktail to beat the heat during those long summer days, and this frozen mango margarita is one of our favorites. Made with sweet and juicy mango chunks, tangy lime juice, tequila, and orange liqueur blended with ice, this recipe is like a delicious tropical smoothie with a fun boozy kick.
Perfect for a cookout or pool party, this cocktail is incredibly easy to make and will make you feel like you’re on an island vacation. With its vibrant yellow color, it even looks delicious and refreshing! Try this simple crowd-pleasing drink to add some tropical fun to your next party.
You’ll also love our Watermelon Margarita! Perfect in the summer.
💗 Why We Love This Recipe
- With just a few simple ingredients, this mango margarita recipe is super quick and easy. Just pour everything into the blender and you’ve got a perfect party drink at the press of a button!
- The tropical mango gives this drink a unique flavor that’s a fun change from the classic margarita in lime or strawberry flavors.
- This frozen tropical drink is so refreshing – it’s the perfect summer cocktail for a pool party or patio happy hour.
- It’s perfect for Cinco de Mayo, Taco Tuesday, or any time you’re making Mexican food.
- Frozen mango chunks
- Triple Sec
- Agave syrup
- Lime juice
- Ice cubes
- Kosher salt (or other coarse salt)
- Lime slices
🥄 How to Make Frozen Mango Margaritas
Step One: Prepare the Glasses
- Cut a lime into wedges and set aside.
- Pour the coarse salt onto a small plate.
- Run the lime wedge around the rim of the glass.
- Dip each glass rim into the salt, making sure the entire rim is evenly coated.
Step Two: Blend and Serve
- Add mango, tequila, agave, lime juice, triple sec, and ice to a blender.
- Blend the mixture until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared margarita glasses.
- Garnish each glass with a lime wedge and serve.
Tips and Suggestions
- For best results, use fresh lime juice. Bottled lime juice contains preservatives which can alter the flavor of your drink.
- Liquor melts ice faster than water, so add your ice to the blender last.
- You’ll want to serve these right away for the best flavor and perfect slushy consistency. If you want to make them in advance, you can blend and freeze the mixture, then blend it again right before serving.
- Don’t have margarita glasses? Try serving these in a mason jar or any tall glass.
- Try swapping the frozen mango for different fruits to make a variety of different frozen margarita flavors! Frozen strawberries, pineapple, or raspberries would all be great options.
- Salt isn’t the only way to rim your glass. You can mix in some chili powder for a spicy twist. Or try using sugar, Tajin, or even chamoy sauce!
- If you don’t have agave nectar, you can substitute a simple syrup which is made by dissolving equal parts water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
Can I Substitute a Different Liquor for the Tequila?
If you don’t have tequila, you can substitute rum to make frozen daiquiris or vodka to make vodka slushies.
Can I Make a Non-Alcoholic Version?
Sure – you can leave out the tequila and replace the triple sec with orange juice to make a flavorful mocktail. If you want to add some extra flavor and fizz, top with a carbonated beverage like Sprite or Fresca.
What Kind of Tequila Should I Use?
You can use any kind you prefer. I generally like to choose a good mid-priced blanco tequila.
Can I Use Fresh Mangoes?
You can definitely, always use fresh fruit in recipes. For this one, pick ripe mangos and chop them into small pieces. You’ll want to freeze the mango cubes because it helps to make the drink thick. We like to just buy a bag of frozen mangoes for ease, but you can definitely start with fresh fruit.
More Fun Drink Recipes
- Watermelon Rum Punch
- Red Wine Ice Cream Floats
- Orange Cream Soda (non-alcoholic)
- Fireside Cocktail
- Cinco de Mayo Drinks
Frozen Mango Margarita
- 1 ½ cups frozen mango chunks
- 4 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces triple sec
- 4 ounces agave syrup
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 2 cups ice
- coarse salt for the rim
- fresh lime slices garnish
- In your blender, combine mango chunks, tequila, triple sec, agave, lime juice, and ice.1 ½ cups frozen mango chunks, 4 ounces tequila, 2 ounces triple sec, 4 ounces agave syrup, 2 ounces lime juice, 2 cups ice
- Blend until smooth.
- Run a lime wedge on the rim of two of your favorite margarita glasses and dip the rims into coarse salt (or margarita salt if you have it) and garnish with fresh lime slicescoarse salt, fresh lime slices
What’s For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.