This Fireside Cocktail Recipe is a simple fall cocktail that’s a wonderful way to warm things up on a cold evening. They have a cozy and smooth set of spice notes of flavor from a combination of Fireball whiskey, bourbon and rum that makes them perfect for holiday parties or just for winding down by the fire after a long day.
🔥 Fireside Cocktail Recipe
This recipe for Fireside cocktails is full of warm, cinnamon flavors from Fireball whisky and sweetened with a delicious medley of fruit juices. But don’t worry, they are not overly sugary cocktails because they get an extra boozy kick with the addition of rum and bourbon!
If you’ve never tried Fireball whisky, it’s a brand of cinnamon infused whisky you can get at almost any liquor store. By itself, it packs quite the punch, but when used in cocktail recipes or even in sweet treats like this Fireball Fudge recipe, it provides the most pleasant hint of cinnamon spice.
Fireside cocktails are one of those drinks that right after the first sip, they will make you feel warm all over. I love to serve them at Christmas or New Year’s Eve parties when the weather outside has turned really chilly. For another holiday inspired cocktail, you should try these deliciously festive Peppermint Martinis!
💓 Why We Love This Recipe
- This a super quick and easy recipe that you can make for just one person, or you can scale up to make a pitcher of them.
- The combination of warming cinnamon and the sweetness from the fruit juices gives them a great balance of flavor.
- Perfect tasty and festive cocktails for all your holiday celebrations and special cold weather gatherings.
🛒 What’s Need to Make Fireside Cocktail
- Fireball Liquor – gives these cocktails comforting notes of cinnamon
- Bourbon – provides a subtle hint of oaky flavor
- Rum – adds flavor and a slightly sweeter taste than whisky or bourbon
- Cranberry Juice – You’ll want to use real cranberry juice, not cranberry cocktail to give them a little bit of tangy flavor.
- Peach Juice – Adds a sweet fruity flavor to the boozy drinks.
- Grenadine – Adds additional flavor plus and gives them a pretty color.
🥄 How to Make an Easy Fireside Cocktail
Step One: Make the First Layer
- Pour the grenadine into the bottom of a rocks glass or highball glass. Add cubes of ice to the glass.
Step Two: Mix the Second Layer
- In a large cocktail shaker add the Fireball, bourbon and peach juice.
- Shake to combine, pour the bourbon mixture into the glass.
Step Three: Finish with the Third Layer
- In a bar shaker add the rum and cranberry juice. Shake to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the glass.
Garnish and enjoy!
Variations and Add-ins
- Garnishes: Garnishes are a great way to add your own special touch to these drinks. You can serve them garnished with a twist of lime juice, mint and a maraschino cherry. For even more citrus flavor, you can garnish with orange peel with a little bit of orange zest sprinkled on top, or with a twist of lemon with a lemon wedge. For a savory and earthy garnish, you can serve them with a cinnamon stick and with a little extra sprig of rosemary.
- Whiskey: Fireball is the brand of whisky we used but you can use any brand of cinnamon whisky you prefer.
- Bourbon: Bourbon is one of the major flavor profiles in these drinks. While you don’t have to splurge on an expensive brand like Maker’s Mark, you do want to use a bourbon you enjoy enough to on the rocks.
- Rum: Rum gives these drinks a slight hint of sweetness, but you can also use a good quality vodka like Absolut or Grey Goose Vodka instead. Triple sec or brandy are other great options you can use instead of the rum.
- Rim the glass: Add a fancy finish to your cocktails! Dip the rim of the cocktail glass with some rich maple syrup and then dip in little brown sugar. The maple syrup goes great with the all the other flavors, but you can also use simple syrup or even a little water.
- Juice: Make these cocktails your own by using a combination of your favorite fruit juices. Some to consider are orange juice, lemon juice, fresh pink grapefruit juice or even apple juice or apple cider.
- Sweeteners: The juices will add a good bit of sweetness to these cocktails, but if you like them really sweet, simple syrup or cinnamon syrup or increase the amount of juice verses alcohol ratios.
Can This Boozy Drink Be Served Warm?
While it is perfectly fine to them serve warm, you won’t have the pretty layers that you do when you add the mixtures one at a time. To serve it warm just add all the ingredients in a medium saucepan and heat it until it is really warm but not boiling.
How Do I Make My Own Fireball Whisky?
It ‘s really easy to make homemade cinnamon whiskey and it only requires a few ingredients. Here’s what you do:
- Take a fifth of your favorite regular whisky and pour it in into a glass airtight container like a large mason jar. Add 4-6 cinnamon sticks (depending on the size).
- Next, add ¾ ounce simple syrup or organic maple syrup. Close and tighten the lid and give it a good shake. S
- Store it for 5 days in the cool dark place.
- After 5 days, open it, add about 3 dried chili peppers, close it again, give it another shake and let it sit for about 2 more days.
- After the 2 days, used a fine mesh strainer to strain it to remove the cinnamon sticks and any particles floating into it. Store in an airtight container for up to 4-5 months!
More Delicious Cocktails?
- Red Wine Ice Cream Floats
- Rainbow Jello Shots
- Watermelon Margarita
- Sangria Jello Shots
- Porch Sipper Strawberry Cocktail
- Lime Jello Shots
Fireside Cocktail Recipe
- 1 ounce Fireball whisky
- 1 ounce bourbon
- 1 ounce rum
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- 2 ounces peach juice
- 1 teaspoon grenadine
- Pour the grenadine into the bottom of a rocks glass or highball glass.
- Add cubes of ice to the glass. In a large cocktail shaker add the Fireball, bourbon and peach juice. Shake to combine, pour the bourbon mixture into the glass.
- In a bar shaker add the rum and cranberry juice. Shake to combine. Pour the mixture into the glass.
- Garnish and enjoy!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on @thebalancingmom and follow on Tiktok @balancingmotherhood and Pinterest @thebalancingmom for more!
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.
Leave a Review!