This lemonade slushie might just be the perfect summer treat. Icy cold and bursting with fresh lemon flavor, it’s a sweet and refreshing drink that you’ll want to enjoy all summer long.
Lemonade is a classic summer beverage, and with good reason. The simple combination of fresh lemon and sugar always hits the spot on a hot day, and this slushie version takes regular lemonade up a notch. Fresh lemon juice and sugar are blended with ice to create this frozen treat that’s quick, easy, and inexpensive to make.
Perfect for sipping on a patio or by the pool, this drink is also a great summer treat for the kids. You can dress it up with some berries, or add your favorite liquor and turn it into a delicious frozen cocktail. No matter how you serve it, this lemonade slushie will pair perfectly with all your summer fun!
You’ll also love our other lemonade recipes: easy homemade lemonade and Copycat Chick-fil-A Frosted Lemonade.
Why We Love This Recipe
- This refreshing frozen beverage is the perfect drink to cool you off on a hot summer day.
- Lemons and sugar are the only things you’ll need for this lemon slush recipe, so it’s a very budget-friendly treat.
- This delicious drink recipe is incredibly easy to make – the blender does all the work for you!
- This is a treat that the whole family will love. Serve the original version for the kids or turn it into a frozen adult beverage with the addition of some vodka.
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Granulated sugar
- Lemon slices for garnish
How to Make Lemonade Slushies
Step One: Juice Lemons and Prepare Blender
- Juice the lemons.
- Add the fresh lemon juice to your blender, along with the sugar, water, and ice cubes.
Step Two: Blend and Serve
- Blend until smooth.
- If needed, you can add additional ice to get to your desired slushie consistency.
- Garnish with a fresh lemon slice and some fresh mint leaves and enjoy!
Tips and Suggestions
- Be sure to use fresh lemon juice. It’s worth the extra effort to squeeze your own, as the bottled juice just won’t give you the same fresh flavor.
- Feel free to adjust the sugar levels to your taste. You can use a bit less if you like your lemonade tart, or add more if you like it sweeter.
- Be sure to blend long enough to give your drink a nice smooth consistency and ensure that there are no ice chunks in your slushie.
- Substitute half of the lemon juice for lime juice to make a lemon lime version of this drink.
- Blend in some frozen strawberries to make a strawberry lemonade slushie.
- Add some vodka or gin to make an adult version of this slushie.
How Do I Store Lemonade Slushies?
For best results, you’ll want to serve these immediately. If you let them sit too long, the ice will melt and they’ll turn watery. Although you can freeze the leftovers, they’ll freeze solid and the consistency isn’t quite the same once they’re thawed, so I’d recommend only making these as you need them.
Can I Use Other Types of Sweeteners?
Sure, you can substitute honey, maple syrup, or simple syrup in place of the sugar. If you’re watching your calories or cutting back on sugar, you can even use artificial sweeteners like Splenda or a no-calorie natural sweetener like monk fruit.
More Refreshing Drink Recipes
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4-5 cups ice
- lemon slices garnish
- To your blender, add lemon juice, sugar, water, and ice. Blend until smooth. Add additional ice, if needed to get a slushie consistency. Add a fresh lemon slice and enjoy!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on @thebalancingmom and follow on Tiktok @balancingmotherhood and Pinterest @thebalancingmom for more!
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.
Leave a Review!