This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
Air Fryer donuts have become a weekend favorite in our house. Made with canned biscuit dough, these donuts are lightly crisp on the outside, and soft on the inside. Dredge them in cinnamon sugar and you’ve got the perfect donut! And, no deep frying. No mess, no fuss, just a healthier version of your favorite donut.
You might also like our air fryer hand pies! Such an easy, sweet treat.
Air Fryer Canned Biscuit Donuts
If you are looking for a simple air fryer donut recipe to satisfy all your donut cravings these canned biscuit donuts are exactly what you are searching for! These biscuit donuts in the air fryer will be ready in 10 minutes or less and will be a family favorite in no time!
Canned Biscuit Donuts
Canned biscuit donuts have always been a favorite in our house! They are so simple to make and they always taste delicious! More recently though we have started making biscuit donuts in the air fryer so that we can enjoy these tasty treats even quicker. Pair it with a Mango Tropical Smoothie and my kids are in heaven for the rest of the day!
We call these Air Fryer canned biscuit donuts, others call them donuts from biscuits or air fryer donuts, but no matter what you call these canned biscuit donuts, one thing is for sure, they are just plain delicious and everyone will be asking for more!
Our most popular recipe on BalancingMotherhood is our baked cinnamon donuts. They are popular because they are so easy to make and are delicious. No deep frying. This air fryer recipe is a slight variation on the baked donuts, but the air fryer recipe takes even less time!
Donuts from Biscuits
There is no better way to make your kids smile on Saturday morning than making them donuts with biscuits. You will love how quick they are to make and they will love just how great they taste!
This canned biscuit donut recipe makes the best cinnamon sugar donuts as well as cinnamon sugar donut holes… and the best thing about this recipe is it’s all cooked in the Air Fryer!
Biscuit Donuts in Air Fryer Ingredients
Canned Biscuits – Using canned biscuits makes this a super simple recipe because you don’t have to worry about making the donut dough. Grab a can or two of the bigger biscuits, like Pilsbury Grands size because they make the perfect donut size from the refrigerated section at the grocery store!
Butter – When making your biscuit donuts in the air fryer, you can use either salted or unsalted butter for this recipe.
Sugar – You will want to have enough sugar on hand so you can dip your air fryer donuts in the sugar and cinnamon mixture to finish off your biscuit donuts once they are cooked.
Cinnamon – You don’t need a ton of cinnamon to make your cinnamon sugar donuts. Just enough to make your cinnamon sugar mixture for dipping your donuts. I always pick up a large container of cinnamon at the store so I always have it on hand when I need it for cooking and baking.
How to Make Donuts from Biscuits in the Air Fryer
Making donuts from biscuits in the air fryer is so easy! With just a few simple steps and less than 10 minutes, you will be enjoying this air fryer donut recipe.
How to Make Air Fryer Donuts
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees for 3-5 minutes.
- Grease your air fryer with coconut oil or another type of oil you prefer. Do not use cooking spray, it will ruin your fryer basket.
- Open your can of biscuits and separate them from one another.
- Then with a round cookie cutter, cut a hole in the center of each donut. Set the middle of each donut aside.
- Once your air fryer is hot, place your donuts in the air fryer basket. Be sure to spread them apart so the air has room to circulate around the donut.
- Cook donuts for 2 ½ minutes to 3 minutes.
- Flip donuts, then cook for another 2 ½ to 3 minutes.
- Remove donuts from your air fryer and place on a cookie sheet.
- While donuts are cooking, melt butter.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
- Using a pastry brush, brush melted butter on donuts then dip them into your cinnamon and sugar mixture. Be sure you coat both sides.
- Next, take the middle pieces of the biscuits that you set aside and roll each one into a ball making it a “donut hole” and cook these in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes.
- Once cooked, dip them in melted butter and roll them in cinnamon and sugar.
Tips and Notes for Making Air Fryer Donuts
- Making canned biscuit donuts in the air fryer is so easy, so if you are new to the air fryer, don’t be afraid to test it out on donuts!
- Get Creative with your air fryer donuts! Rather than using cinnamon and sugar you can glaze them, use vanilla or chocolate frosting and even add sprinkles. To do this the base for cooking your donuts is the same.
How Many Donuts Does 1 Canned Biscuit Package Make?
If you pick up one package of canned biscuits at the store it will make 8 good size donuts and 8 donut holes. If you need more donuts and donut holes this recipe easily makes more simply by buying another package of biscuits and doubling the butter and cinnamon and sugar mixture.
How To Store Air Fryer Donuts
Like all donuts, canned biscuits donuts cooked in the air fryer taste best as soon as they are cooked. I mean I am drooling just thinking of a hot fresh cinnamon sugar donut, aren’t you?
Since these donuts from biscuits are cooked in the air fryer they are cooked with way less grease than your typical donut, which does make them healthier, but also dries them out much faster. So you will want to eat these donuts pretty quickly!<
If you want to try and save some air fryer donuts for later, I recommend getting an airtight container and storing them at room temperature. Typically these will last for 1-2 days, but you might notice they are a bit dry. You can try to microwave them for just a few seconds (like 5) to see if that will help soften them up a bit.
Can you Freeze Donuts from Biscuits
It is possible to freeze your donuts, but they might not taste as good as you are hoping, because, with donuts, fresh is best.
If you want to try and freeze them put them in an airtight container and freeze them. You will want to reheat the donuts in your air fryer and then add the butter and cinnamon sugar mixture on to the donut immediately following reheating them.
What Should I Serve with Air Fryer Donuts?
My kids love eating air fryer donuts by themselves, but if you would like to make it a more complete meal you can serve with:
- Orange Juice
- Bacon /sausage
- Potatoes /hash browns
Looking for more Breakfast Favorites? Check these out!
- 1 can canned biscuits such as Grands
- 4 Tbsp butter unsalted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat air fryer to 375 for 3-5 minutes
- Open can and take biscuits apart.
- Cut hole in center of each biscuit with a round cookie cutter.
- Grease bottom of air fryer with coconut oil or other oil. Do not use cooking spray as that may ruin the fryer basket
- Place donuts in air fryer basket, spreading them apart so the air can circulate around the donuts.
- Cook for 2.5 minutes then flip donuts.
- Cook for another 2.5 - 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- While donuts are cooking, melt butter
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Remove donuts from air fryer and place on a cookie sheet.
- Using a pastry brush, brush on butter, then dip each donut into the cinnamon sugar mixture, coating all sides.
- You'll have left over "holes" from the middle of the donuts. Roll them into balls in your hands.
- Place donut holes in fryer basket and cook for 2-3 minutes. You can shake after a minute to make sure they cook evenly on all sides.
- Dip donut holes in butter, then cinnamon sugar.