This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
This copycat Chick-fil-A peppermint shake is a delicious treat, and a perfect stand in for the restaurant version that’s only available for a limited time around the holiday season. Rich and creamy vanilla ice cream is blended with cool peppermint extract, crushed candy canes, and sweet chocolate chips for a thick and delicious shake that you can make any time you want.
Surprise the family by recreating one of their favorite menu items from Chick-fil-A right in your home. Peppermint is the perfect holiday dessert flavor, and this copycat Chick-fil-A peppermint shake is every bit as good as the real thing – just less expensive!
And since the blender does all the work for you, it’s also one of the easiest dessert recipes you’ll make this holiday season. Perfect for a quick weeknight dessert or special after-school treat, it would also be an ideal accompaniment to a holiday movie night. Try this easy recipe whenever you need a quick and delicious dessert.
💗 Why We Love This Recipe
- This peppermint milkshake recipe is just like the seasonal sweet treat from your local Chick-fil-A, but you can have one any time you want, and for a fraction of the cost!
- The cool and refreshing minty flavor and rich creamy texture makes this a great recipe for the holiday season.
- It’s an easy way to have a delicious dessert in minutes – just throw a few simple ingredients in the blender and turn it on!
- You can make the regular version for the kids and a boozy version for the adults.
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Tall glass for serving
- Milkshake straws
- Vanilla ice cream
- Crushed candy canes or peppermint candies
- Chocolate chips (semi sweet)
- White chocolate chips
- Peppermint extract
- Whole Milk
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
🥄 How to Make a Copycat Chick-Fil-A Peppermint Shake
- Add ice cream, peppermint extract, chocolate chips, candy cane pieces, white chocolate chips, and milk to your blender.
- Blend until smooth. If needed, add more milk for a thinner milkshake, or add ice cream to make a thicker shake.
- Pour into a tall serving glass and top with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.
Tips and Suggestions
- Freeze the glass before serving – it’s the best way to slow the melting process while eating.
- Add the milk slowly so you don’t thin out the shake too much.
- Freshness counts – don’t use older ice cream that’s rock hard. It won’t taste as good and will be difficult to work with.
- Use a good quality vanilla ice cream. If you like your shakes extra thick and creamy, using a premium ice cream with a high fat content will make a big difference.
More Copycat Chic-fil-a Recipes
- Turn it into a boozy holiday drink by adding 2 ½ oz of peppermint schnapps before adding the milk.
- Garnish with crushed candy canes and chocolate sprinkles instead of a cherry.
- Instead of using vanilla ice cream and peppermint flavoring, you can also start with peppermint ice cream.
Can I Make a Dairy-Free Version?
Absolutely! You can use coconut or soy milk based ice creams and oat milk. You can also use dairy-free chocolate chips. Leave out the white chocolate chips since they do contain milk solids.
Can I Freeze a Milkshake for Later?
You can, but it will freeze solid, and the consistency may not be exactly the same after it’s thawed. For best results, store your shake in the main part of the freezer, as far from the door as possible, and don’t remove it until you’re ready to thaw it.
More Drink Recipes
- Copycat Shamrock Shake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Milkshake
- Cool Whip Berry Smoothie
- Disney Dole Whip
- Fruity Pebbles Milkshake
- Wine Float
Chick-fil-A Peppermint Shake
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 Tablespoons crushed peppermints or candy canes
- 2 Tablespoons semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon white chocolate chips
- ⅛ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ½ cup whole milk
- whipped cream garnish
- Maraschino cherries garnish
- To your blender, add ice cream, crushed mints, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, peppermint extract, and milk.
- Blend until smooth.
- If needed, add more milk for a thinner consistency, or ice cream for a thicker consistency.
- Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry, if desired.
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.