This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
This copycat Chick-fil-a Sauce recipe is the perfect cross between a honey mustard sauce and BBQ sauce but tastes even better than the original! Made with basic ingredients, this addictive dipping sauce is packed with that amazing signature flavor your whole family is going to love.
Chick-fil-a Sauce Recipe
If you have ever had Chick-fil-a nuggets or chicken tenders, then I am sure you have tasted their signature sauce. It has the perfect combination of flavors the kids just cannot get enough of! But there is one little problem; they only give you a couple little sauce packets with your order, which is never enough! Especially since EVERYTHING taste better dipped in that delicious sauce … I’ve even been known to add it to their chicken sandwiches!
I recently created copycat recipe for chicken nuggets. These Air Fryer Chick-fil-a Nuggets are AH-mazing with this sauce! So why waste time and money driving to a fast food restaurant when you can make the same recipes in your own home?
What’s Needed to Make Homemade Chick-fil-a Sauce
- Honey – Honey is what gives this copycat sauce that bit of sweetness
- Yellow mustard – This recipe calls for regular yellow mustard. You can also use Dijon mustard, but it will alter the flavor slightly.
- Mayonnaise– Use your favorite brand of regular mayo, with the exception of Miracle Whip. It’s too sweet for this sauce.
- Barbecue sauce – Use your favorite brand. This gives the sauce a little tanginess and that signature color.
How to Make this Easy Copy cat Chick-fil-a Sauce
- Warm BBQ sauce and mustard in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Mix in honey and mayonnaise using mixer or spoon until combined completely.
- Place in fridge overnight to reach desired thickness.
What’s the Shelf Life of this Homemade Version of Chick-fil-a Sauce?
Around my house, I am lucky if it makes it through the first day. Because this sauce has a mayonnaise base, you’ll want to store it in an airtight container in the fridge. It’s best when used within a week, but it will keep up to two weeks.
Other Uses for Homemade Copycat Chick fil a Sauce
Once you learn how to make this famous sauce in your own kitchen, you will find all sorts of wonderful uses for it. In fact, once you have tasted it, you’ll wish you had made a double batch.
This recipe makes the best dipping sauce for:
- French fries (or waffle fries)
- Potato chips
- Tater tots
- Onion rings
It’s an amazing sauce to serve over many your favorite foods:
- Drizzle it over grilled fish or chicken breasts
- Add it as a special sauce your burgers instead of ketchup
- It is fantastic with grilled and steamed shrimp in the place of tartar sauce
It’s even great as a dressing for:
- Garden salads
- Roasted veggies
- Pasta Salads
Variations of Chick-fil-a Sauce Copy Cat Recipe
It is really hard to beat how amazing this copycat version of their original sauce tastes. But if you really love homemade sauces, you may want to use this recipe as a base and experiment with other flavors to make other new recipes! Here are a few suggestions you could try.
Seasonings: You can add all sorts of different herbs and seasonings to this sauce. Garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and paprika are all good choices. Or for extra kick you can add a small touch of cayenne pepper.
Smoky Flavor: Take the flavors of this sauce to the next level with a slight hint of smokiness. A drop of liquid smoke or use an extra smokey BBQ sauce in the base.
Tangy Sauce: For a tangy and a little looser sauce, add a couple drops of pickle juice, apple cider vinegar or white vinegar to the sauce mixture. It won’t take a lot to give it great tanginess.
Zesty Version: Add a fresh and zesty hint of lemon to this tasty sauce with a little lemon zest or a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
Extra Sweet: If you’re into sweeter sauces, you can add more honey or even a little corn syrup to the mixture.
Want more Dip Recipes?
Copycat Chick-fil-a Sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- Warm BBQ sauce and mustard in microwave for 30 seconds. Mix in honey and mayonnaise using mixer or spoon until combined completely. Place in fridge overnight to reach desired thickness.
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.