This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
Light and fluffy Blueberry Fluff Salad is a classic dessert salad that’s perfect for your next cookout or for any occasion! Loaded with blueberries, mini marshmallows and studded with sweet pineapple chunks, this easy no bake dessert only takes 5 minutes to whip up.
Blueberry Fluff Recipe
This airy, and blueberry salad is so simple to make. It consists of pineapple, cool whip, and blueberry pie filling that makes one gorgeous presentation with its soft purple color with fresh berry garnish. This recipe is going to be such a huge hit with all your family and friends, you may want to make a big batch, because this won’t last long!
One of the things you’ll love the most is how the combination of whipped topping and sour cream balances out the flavors, making it not too sweet and it’s not too tart. That’s why it’s great to serve as a tasty dessert or the perfect side dish. It’s also a great recipe to serve as a sweet dip with vanilla wafers or graham crackers.
Blueberry fluff can be served family style in a large bowl or in cute individual pudding cups. Or if you want a really decadent dish, you can even layer this blueberry salad in a trifle dish between layers of angel food cake.
Can’t get enough blueberry recipes in your life? Then, you’ll want to check out this amazing Blueberry Dump Cake and this Homemade Blueberry Bread recipe. Both recipes are super easy crowd pleasers will definitely help with those blueberry cravings.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Perfect last minute dessert: One of the great things about this simple recipe is if you need a quick dessert for last minute guests, you won’t have to mess up your whole kitchen making a dessert. You just stir ingredients together and chill.
- Great any time of year: Because you’re using a can of pie filling, you don’t wait until fresh berry season to make this salad. You can make in the summer for backyard BBQs as a really delicious side dish for any of your holiday dinners.
- Versatile recipe: Part of the reason this creamy dessert is always a hit is because you can change up the pie filing to make it a whole new dessert.
What’s Needed for this Blueberry Fluff Dessert Recipe
- Blueberry pie filling
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Cool Whip, thawed
- Sour cream
- Mini marshmallows
- Pineapple chunks-drained
- Sliced almonds-slightly toasted
- Fresh blueberries, for garnish
How to Make Blueberry Salad
In a large mixing bowl, pour blueberry pie filling, sweetened condensed milk, sour cream and mix well. Gently fold in the whipped topping until well combined.
Drain the can of pineapple chunks. Don’t include the pineapple juice from the can in the salad.
Next, fold in the almonds, the drained pineapple chunks and the mini marshmallows until everything is well combined
Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving. Serve cold.
Can I Make This Fruit Fluff into a Blueberry Pie?
You sure can. To do that, you’ll want to leave out the sour cream and replace it with a block of cream cheese that you have let come to room temperature. In a large bowl combine the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Fold in the other ingredients and pour into a prepared graham cracker crust.
No Bake Blueberry Dessert Add-ins and Variations
This is a very versatile sweet salad recipe that you can change up so many wonder ways. Here are some of our favorites you can try next time:
Peach blueberry fluff salad: Instead of the pineapple, add in a well-drained can of peach slices, or you can even use fresh peaches.
Cherry fruit salad or pink fluff: Just substitute the blueberry pie filling with cherry pie filling or a really tasty and fun variation
Two-berry fluff salad recipe: Mix in some fresh strawberries, raspberries or blackberries. Not only does it taste amazing, but fresh fruit also gives this salad even more amazing color.
Cranberry fluff: You can make use a can of cranberry sauce instead of the pie filling. It makes the perfect side for your Christmas dinner.
Blueberry banana salad: Use 2 to 3 sliced ripe bananas instead of the pineapple chunks.
Blueberry marshmallow fluff: Replace the mini marshmallows and sweetened condensed milk with a jar of marshmallow fluff. Mix it in with the pie filling before folding in the whipped topping.
Blueberry lemon fluff: Add about 1/2 cup lemon curd instead of the pineapple. Garnish with slices of real lemons and some fresh blueberries
Add-ins: Make your own version of this dessert by adding in other ingredients like cottage cheese, coconut flakes, and fresh diced fruit.
- Not a fan of canned pie filling, you can always use homemade blueberry pie filling instead.
- The original recipe calls for white marshmallows, but for extra color, you can use the colored marshmallows instead.
- For a smoother texture, you can use crushed pineapple instead of pineapple chunks.
- Change up the nutty flavor with pecans or walnuts instead of the almonds. Or if you aren’t a fan of nuts, you can omit them all together.
- Use a stabilized homemade whipped topping with heavy whipping cream in place of the Cool Whip.
- You can use light sour cream instead of full-fat sour cream. You can also swap out the cool whip with a container of light cool whip. You can also use unflavored Greek yogurt in place the of the sour cream.
How to Store Blueberry Fluff
Cover any leftover salad with plastic wrap, or store in an airtight container and place in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Can you Freeze Fruit Fluff Salad?
While you can freeze this fluff, the texture does have a tendency to change when it’s thawed. The whipped topping can begin to separate and it won’t be quite as appealing as when it is serve fresh.
Can I Make this Fluff Salad in Advance?
Yes, you can make this dessert salad in advance up to a day before you want to serve it. Store it in the fridge until ready to serve.
Want More No Bake Desserts?
- No Bake Cherry Cheesecake
- Kool Aid Pie
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Layer Cake
- Banana Split Cake
- Peanut Butter Bars
Blueberry Fluff Salad
- 1 21oz can blueberry pie filling
- 1 ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups whipped topping thawed (like Cool Whip)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 ¾ cup pineapple chunks
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- fresh blueberries for garnish if desired
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the blueberry pie filling, sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, and Cool Whip.
- Fold in the almonds, pineapple chunks and mini marshmallows until combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving. Serve cold.
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.