This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
Moist blueberry bread made with fresh ingredients make a perfect breakfast. You can slice a piece to have leisurely with a cup of coffee, or wrap it up and take it on the go!
I love quick breads for breakfast. They make the perfect breakfast on the go, and this blueberry bread doesn’t disappoint. I make breads often so that I can slice them for breakfast for the kids in the morning. Such an easy breakfast! Just add milk or a glass of orange juice!
I also love to take a slice to work with me. I never eat breakfast at home, but want something to have in the morning. A fresh slice of fruity bread is the perfect thing to go with my warm cup of coffee while I answer email.
I also love to send slices in the kid’s lunches. It’s almost like a dessert to them with their lunch!
This is a versatile blueberry bread recipe that makes two loaves — so you can give one to a friend or freeze one for later.
How To Freeze Bread
I love to freeze bread to have for a time when I don’t have enough time to make a batch from scratch. Here’s how to freeze quick bread:
- Make sure the bread is dry (i.e. if you just took it out of the pan, let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- Wrap the blueberry bread in wax or parchment paper, covering all sides.
- Place wrapped bread into a zip top freezer bag. Be sure to label it so you know what it is!
- When you’re ready to eat, just remove from freezer and let thaw on the counter overnight.
Blueberry Bread Ingredients
You’ll need a few ingredients to make this delicious quick bread recipe. You may already have these on hand.
- fresh blueberries
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- vegetable oil
How to Make Blueberry Bread
You just need a few ingredients to make this blueberry bread from scratch. And, I bet you have all, or most of them in your pantry.
Combine the dry ingredients and whisk together. Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl, then slowly incorporate the dry into the wet mixture.
Save the blueberries for last. Add them into the combined batter, then gently fold them into the batter. Be gentle with the blueberries, not stirring too much.
Once the mixtures are combine, split into two greased loaf pans and pop into the pre-heated oven.
If you want, you can sprinkle some white sugar on top of the loaves. The sugar will crystalize when baked.
This makes a very moist bread. The blueberries burst open and add the perfect flavor and sweetness.
The hardest part about this blueberry bread recipe is waiting for it to bake so you can have a slice!
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9 x 5” loaf pans.
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in a large bowl; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, blend oil and eggs. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Add blueberry mixture to flour mixture, blending until dry ingredients are just moistened. Divide batter into 2 pans.
- Bake in preheated for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of each loaf comes out clean.
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.