This yummy Banana Split Fluff salad is an easy dump and go, no bake dessert recipe that only takes 5 minutes and a handful of ingredients to make. It’s loaded with all the flavors of your favorite banana split toppings, but in a light and fluffy salad your whole family will love!
Table of Contents
Banana Split Fluff Salad Recipe
A backyard BBQ or summer gathering just wouldn’t be complete without some version of a fruit salad. Whether it’s an Easy Ambrosia Salad recipe or something a little more festive like this Honey Lime Rainbow salad, they are always great to serve as a side dish, or even a light and easy dessert.
We especially love fruit fluff recipes, like this Blueberry Fluff Salad, because they are sweet and creamy and always such a huge hit, especially with the kids. They are also super popular around the holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter.
But this banana split fluff dessert salad is taking things to a whole new level by taking all the best flavors you find in a banana split ice cream dessert and turning them into a big bowl of creamy goodness! Once it has chilled, just serve it and watch while everyone comes back for a second helping!
And the best part is, it is so easy to make. All you do is mix together a can of this and cup of that and let it chill in the fridge! This banana split dessert is great any time of year, but because it has such a pretty pink color, it’s especially fun for Easter, Mother’s Day or Springtime party gathering.
If you’re a huge fan of banana split desserts, like we are, you should also try this Banana split cake!
Why We Love this Recipe
- It a super fun mousse-like recipe that takes very little prep work. You just toss it together and chill.
- It has all the flavors of a banana split but is much easier to serve at your next potluck or party.
- The sweet flavor allows this recipe to double as a tasty side dish or a delicious dessert.
Supplies Needed to Make this Banana Split Fluff Recipe
- Cool Whip, thawed
- Cherry pie filling
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Sour cream
- Mini marshmallows
- Pineapple chunks-drained well
- Ripe bananas, peeled and sliced into ½ inch chunks (you want ripe, but firm bananas)
- Walnuts, chopped
- Maraschino cherries
- Mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate sundae syrup, for garnish
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Scraper spatula
- Plastic wrap
- Can opener
How to Make Banana Split Dessert Salad
Step One: Create the Cherry Fluff Base
- In a large bowl, stir together the cherry pie filling, sweetened condensed milk and sour cream.
Step Two: Add the Fluff
- Fold in the whipped topping until well combined.
Step Three: Add Remaining Ingredients
- Fold in the mini marshmallows, pineapple chunks, banana slices, walnuts, maraschino cherries and 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips until combined.
Step Four: Chill in Fridge and Serve
- Cover the pink mixture with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
- Drizzle on chocolate sundae syrup if you desire. Serve cold.
How to Store Banana Split Salad Dessert
Cover any leftover salad and store in the fridge for up to three days.
Classic Banana Split Dessert Substitutions & Variations
- If you like no bake cheesecake type dessert, you can add a block of cream cheese softened to room temperature. It will have a thicker consistency, but taste just like banana split cheesecake!
- Just like a banana split sundae, this is such a fun dessert, and there’re all sorts of additional toppings to consider. Shredded coconut diced fresh strawberries or other fresh fruits you love, chocolate chips, or colorful sprinkles are always great choices.
- If you want less marshmallows, you can always add extra pineapple, for one cup mini marshmallows. Or you can omit them all together and mix in some marshmallow fluff instead.
- If you prefer, you can use blueberry or strawberry pie filling instead of the cherry pie filling.
- Use light sour cream instead of full-fat sour cream or for a slightly tangier flavor, you can use vanilla yogurt.
- Use your own homemade cherry pie filling instead of canned.
- Use colored mini marshmallows instead of white mini marshmallows.
- In place of the cool whip, you can use a homemade whipped cream using heavy cream that you have whipped until it forms a stiff peak.
- Substitute chopped pecans or almonds for the chopped walnuts. You can also leave out the nuts if you wish.
- Add caramel sauce or strawberry sauce in addition to the chocolate sauce for added decadence.
Can you Freeze?
While you can freeze it, the texture will change slightly. It will still taste incredibly delicious so if you have leftovers that you just can’t bring yourself to throw out, place them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to a couple of months
Can I Make It Ahead?
Yes, fluff salad is a dream dessert to make in advance. Make it the night before you plan on serving it and just store it in the fridge until ready to serve.
Banana Split Fluff Serving Ideas
A good thing about this recipe is there are several fun ways to serve this dish. You can serve it in a big bowl, family style or small individual dessert cups or cute little martini glasses.
For a fun twist, serve this banana split fluff sundae style in a waffle bowl. Top them off with whipped cream, chopped walnuts, chocolate sauce, mini chocolate chips, with a maraschino cherry on top.
More Easy Fruit Recipes
- Mini Fruit Tarts
- Cool Whip Berry Smoothie
- Lemon Blueberry Popsicles
- Fruit Pizza
- Fresh Fruit Salsa
- Yogurt Fruit Parfait
Banana Split Fluff
- 4 cups Cool Whip thawed
- 1 21oz can cherry pie filling
- 1 ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 ¾ cup pineapple chunks
- 2 bananas peeled and sliced into ½ inch chunks
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- ¾ cup maraschino cherries
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chocolate sundae syrup for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the Cool Whip, cherry pie filling, sweetened condensed milk and sour cream.
- Fold in the mini marshmallows, pineapple chunks, bananas, walnuts, maraschino cherries and mini chocolate chips until combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
- Drizzle on chocolate sundae syrup if you desired. Serve cold.
What’s For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.