These strawberry donut holes are the perfect weekend breakfast that’s sure to get your family out of bed. Moist and delicious cake donuts are baked to a perfect golden brown and covered in a fresh strawberry glaze. These tasty bites are incredibly easy to make and bursting with real strawberry flavor.
There’s no need to make a trip to the donut shop or grocery store when you can have fresh homemade donuts ready in under an hour. These strawberry donut holes would make a great breakfast, a tasty snack, or even a delicious dessert.
And if you thought making homemade donuts was difficult and complicated, you’ll be pleased to find out that this simple donut hole recipe doesn’t require a deep fryer, a donut pan, or any special equipment at all. Give these delicious strawberry donut holes a try and see just how easy and delicious they are!
💗 Why We Love This Recipe
- This recipe is one of the easiest donut recipes you’ll find. You can make delicious homemade donut holes with no deep fryer needed!
- These strawberry donuts would make a delicious weekend or Valentine’s Day breakfast that the whole family will love.
- You can vary the type of glaze to make different variations on this versatile recipe.
- Since these are baked donuts, they’re a bit healthier than traditional fried donut holes.
For the batter:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- White sugar
- Almond milk (or any kind of milk)
- Greek yogurt (or regular yogurt)
- Unsalted butter, melted
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract
For the glaze:
- Strawberries, pureed (about 3 big strawberries)
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Heavy cream
🥄 How to Make Strawberry Donut Holes
Step One: Make the Donuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 24-cup mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, and baking powder together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the melted butter, milk, almond and vanilla extracts, yogurt, and egg.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, and pour the wet ingredients into the well. Stir gently, until just combined. The batter will be thick.
- Fill each muffin cup about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way full and bake in the preheated oven for 7-8 minutes or until the donuts are golden brown.
Step Two: Add the Glaze
- Puree the strawberries in a blender or food processor.
- Mix the pureed strawberries with the cream and 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- Dunk donuts in the glaze. You can dip the entire donut or just the top.
- Allow the glaze to set, then add a second coating.
Tips and Suggestions
- If you prefer a thicker glaze, add powdered sugar until the desired consistency is reached. You can add up to an additional cup of powdered sugar.
- Be sure not to overfill the muffin cups, as the donuts will rise quite a bit while they are baking.
- Try using blueberries in place of the strawberries to make a blueberry glaze.
- Use chocolate or caramel sauce in place of the glaze, or skip the glaze and roll the donuts in powdered sugar or serve them with strawberry jam.
- If you have a donut pan, you can use this recipe to bake regular donuts instead of donut holes.
How Do I Store Strawberry Donut Holes?
Store these in an airtight container at room temperature for 4-5 days. Place paper towels or parchment paper in between layers.
Can I Freeze Strawberry Donut Holes?
Yes – they can be frozen for up to 3 months. For best results, store them in an airtight container or freezer bag in a single layer so they don’t freeze together.
🍩 More Donut Recipes
- Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes
- Air Fryer Donuts
- Hot Chocolate Donut Holes
- Apple Cider Donuts
- Boston Cream Donut Holes
- Pumpkin Spice Donuts
Strawberry Donut Holes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk or any kind
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
For the Glaze
- 1/8 cup strawberries pureed (about 3 big strawberries)
- 2-3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 Tablespoon heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Grease a 24-cup mini muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and sugar together.
- In a second bowl, mix melted butter with milk, almond and vanilla extracts, egg and yogurt.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour the wet ingredients into the well.
- Stir gently, until just combined. Batter will be thick.
- Disperse batter into muffin tins evenly, about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make the glaze, puree strawberries in a blender or food processor.
- Mix with cream and 2 cups of powdered sugar, adding an additional cup of powdered sugar if the consistency is too runny.
- When it comes to making icing, it really depends upon personal preference if you want a stiff or a softer glaze.
- Dunk donut in the glaze.
- I dunked the whole thing, but you could also just dip the tops.
- Allow glaze to set before doing a second coating.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on @thebalancingmom and follow on Tiktok @balancingmotherhood and Pinterest @thebalancingmom for more!
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.
Leave a Review!