We love apple season at our house. It’s the time of year to go apple picking and make all kinds of apple recipes. Here’s an easy, sweet treat: apple cider donuts.
Mix the ingredients and put into a donut pan (I like this donut pan.) They’ll rise, so fill the pans about 2/3 the way full.
Let the donuts cool a bit, but while they’re still warm you’ll toss them with the cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat the donuts. Because they’re still warm, the sugar mixture will stick.
You can eat them while they’re warm, or wait until they cool.
But I bet you won’t be able to wait!
Apple Cider Donuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons boiled cider or use more apple sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 2 standard donut pans, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients. A
- dd the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Using a spoon, distribute the batter between the greased donut pans.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- After about a minute, carefully loosen the donuts from the pan and move to a cooling rack.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon for the coating in a large sealable bag.
- One at a time gently, shake and roll around each donut (while still warm but no longer fragile).
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share it with me on @thebalancingmom and follow on Tiktok @balancingmotherhood and Pinterest @thebalancingmom for more!
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.
Comments & Reviews
This looks amazing! Great work! I’m sure your kids love this recipe!
Corey | The Nostalgia Diaries says
I’ve never seen a donut pan like that! But my daughter loves donuts, so I should look into one. These look super yummy!
Oh my gosh! That seriously looks amazing!
Belle | One Awesome Momma
I never thought to make my own! These look delish!
Adree | The Keele Deal says
These look amazing! I love that they are baked.
Amanda Rinehart says
so cool! I never would have thought to make these at home!