This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
Soft chocolate chip sandwich cookies are a great, and easy, treat to make. This version is loaded with big chunks of your favorite chocolate candy bars! They seem super fancy, but are super easy to make.
These cookie sandwiches are a version of a traditional soft chocolate chip cookie, with a creamy peanut butter frosting inside!
Of course, you make the cookies first. Just takes a few minutes to mix the ingredients, roll into balls, and bake. I like to put more candy bar pieces on top and put back in the oven for a couple of minutes to let them set in.
Let the cookies cool completely. I like to let them cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then move them to a cooling rack to finishing cooling.
Make the frosting and pipe onto the bottom of one cookie, then top with a second cookie.
I love this special treat. You can have it as a snack, or a full-on dessert. Impress your friends and share one of these babies!
- 2 1/4 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- 3/4 C light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 C Chopped mini Reeses
- 1 C Chopped mini Snickers
- 1 C unsalted shelled peanuts
- 1 C chocolate chips
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1 C peanut butter
- 3 TBSP whole milk
- 2 C powder sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl add flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract and beat until creamy.
- Add one egg at a time, beating after each egg has been added.
- Slowly add the flour mixture.
- Continue to beat after each addition.
- Mix in 1/4 C each of the snickers, reese peanut butter cups, peanuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by using a small ice cream scoop onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Carefully add the remaining chopped candy and peanuts on top of the cookies.
- Return to the oven for 2 more minutes.
- Take out of the oven.
- Cool completely.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frosting Directions:
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter and peanut butter until smooth and creamy
- Add in the powder sugar and milk and beat until stiff with peaks
- Spoon the frosting into a pastry bag with a star tip.
- Match the cookies in pairs according to their size.
- On one half of the cookie, pipe the frosting.
- Place the other cookie on top.
12 Days of Cookies!
Get 12 AMAZING Christmas cookie recipes in your email!