This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
Pumpkin donuts make a great fall breakfast treat, and these are not only gluten-free, but easy to make.
A few ingredients you probably already have in your pantry make these pumpkin spice donuts super easy.
Follow the instructions and mix the ingredients together. This is the part I love because the pumpkin spices really come alive.
Pour the batter into a donut pan (I like this donut pan), filling about 2/3 the way to the top.
After donuts have cooked through, place on wire rack to cool slightly. When they’re cool enough to pick up, dip each in melted butter and then coat with cinnamon sugar mixture.
Dip both sides of the donuts and place on rack to cool.
I love how high these donuts get with the gluten-free dough. You won’t know the difference between these and regular pumpkin spice donuts!
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick of unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients (excluding topping ingredients) in a medium sized bowl. Mix well and transfer batter into a gallon-size, ziptop bag. Cut one corner of the bag, and pipe the donut batter into the donut pan – filling each approximately 2/3 full.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes or until donuts are springy to the touch.
- While donuts are baking, prepare the topping.
- Melt butter in a bowl. In a separate bowl or plate, combine the cinnamon and sugar.
- While the donuts are still hot, dip into the butter and coat with the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Donuts are best served fresh, but are will last 1-2 days in an airtight container.
Gallon size ziplock bag to pipe donut batter into donut pan
Check out these baked apple cider donuts.
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.