This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
Pumpkin sheet cake is a cinnamon-spiced pumpkin cake topped with a rich cream cheese frosting made in a sheet pan in under 30 minutes.
This recipe is an easy way to make and serve a delicious pumpkin cake without all the work.
If you like sheet cakes, you have to try our amazing Texas Sheet Cake recipe.
Pumpkin Sheet Cake
I love sheet cakes because they are so easy to make, and cut! Just cut and serve. And, they look great plated.
This pumpkin sheet cake recipe is pretty simple to make and you just need some simple ingredients that you probably have in your pantry.
This cake is a perfect fall treat and is easy to transport (just carry it with
For the Sheet Cake
- sugar and vegetable oil
- pumpkin puree
- flour and baking powder
- alt and baking soda
- baking soda
For the Frosting
- cream cheese
- butter – unsalted, softened to room temperature
- powdered sugar
How to Make the Sheet Cake
In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat the eggs and sugar together until creamy. Add in the oil and mix to combine.
Next, add the pumpkin puree and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy and set aside.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl sift the dry ingredients together.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
Pour mixture into a greased or lined jelly roll pan and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
While the cake is baking, make the frosting by combing the cream cheese and softened butter until soft and fluffy. Add in some vanilla extract and mix to combine.
Add the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, until it’s incorporated and light and fluffy.
When cake is cooled completely, frost, slice and serve.
Want More Fall Desserts?
Pumpkin Sheet Cake
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 16 oz pumpkin puree
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 18 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat the eggs and sugar together in a stand up mixer or by hand.
- Add the oil.
- Add the pumpkin puree and mix until light and fluffy.
- In medium-sized mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Pour mixture into greased or lined jelly roll pan and bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean after being inserted into cake.
- Set on counter to cool in pan.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and butter and mix until combined and light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and mix to incorporate.
- Add the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, and mix until light and fluffy.
- Frost cake, slice, and serve.