I saw this Halloween bundt cake on Pinterest and knew I had to try it myself. It’s super easy and has the wow factor I like. The reason this is so simple is that it’s all box cake mix and package frosting: no tricks here. It’s all treat!
Halloween Bundt Cake
The first time I made this cake was when we were entertaining my husband’s boss. He was visiting Florida with his wife and two young children and so we had four littles to feed and entertain. It was just a week or so before Halloween and I needed a fun, festive dessert. I also didn’t have a lot of time to make a really fancy dessert. In the past we’ve made Witch hat cupcakes, and candy corn cookies, but I wanted something different.
Perfect Halloween Bundt Cake for a Halloween Party
This Halloween bundt cake recipe involved two cake mixes (one chocolate, one white), store bought frosting and food coloring.
How To Make a Halloween Bundt Cake
Make one white cake mix as directed on the box mis. Just pick your favorite brand. Separate the white cake mix in half. Color one half orange, the other half purple. Set aside.
Next, make the chocolate cake mix. When you’re done with the chocolate cake add some black food coloring, and separate the batter into thirds. You won’t use 1/3 of the batter (you can make some cupcakes or something else with it.)
Pour one 1/3 of the chocolate into a bundt cake pan. Next, pour the orange batter, then the purple batter. Top with 1/3 of the chocolate batter.
Bake as directed on the box, usually about 20-25 minutes. Once the cake is done, let cool 5-10 minutes and turn out onto a place. Let cool completely – about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, you can make the frosting by dividing the white frosting into thirds. Color 1/3 purple, 1/3 black, and 1/3 orange.
With sweeping motions, drizzle each color over the cake. Overlap colors and have fun with the design! Let the icing set and then serve.
The outside of the Halloween bundt cake looks great, but the inside is the real treat. Super cute.
Halloween Bundt Cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- ingredients for cake mixes
- black food coloring
- purple food coloring
- orange food coloring
- 1 12 oz. white frosting
- Heat oven to 325
- Grease bundt pan and set aside.
- Make both boxes of cakes mixes. Divide the white cake mix into two bowls.
- Color one white mix purple.
- Color the other white mix orange.
- Pour 2/3 of the prepared chocolate cake batter into a bowl and add a drop or two of black food coloring.
- Pour half of the chocolate cake batter into the bundt pan. Pour the purple on top, then the orange, and top it with the remainder of the chocolate.
- Do not stir these colors. Just simply place one on top of the other.
- Bake as directed on the box (usually about 20-25 minutes) until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool 5-10 minutes and turn out onto a plate.
- Let cool completely, while you make the frosting.
- Separate the white frosting into three bowls. Add orange, purple, and black coloring into each bowl.
- With a spoon or whisk get one color of frosting. With back and forth motions drip the frosting on top of the cake. Repeat with each color.
- Let frosting set and then serve!
Here’s a version of the Halloween cake:
If you like Halloween desserts, try these cute Halloween cupcakes.
Check out my Minecraft cake!