This copycat McDonald’s Eggnog Milkshake is a perfect stand-in for the seasonal treat served for a limited time at McDonald’s. It’s creamy and delicious, full of holiday eggnog flavor with a hint of nutmeg, and it’s the perfect sweet treat to welcome the holiday season.
There’s no need to leave the comfort of your home and drive across town to get a McDonald’s eggnog shake. You can recreate the decadent treat any time you want with this delicious copycat recipe that couldn’t be easier. Just toss a few simple ingredients in the blender, and in minutes you’ll have a version that tastes just like the real thing.
Perfect for a quick dessert, but impressive enough to serve at your holiday party, this shake will be a huge hit with eggnog lovers. You can even make a boozy version for an extra special treat.
So grab your blender and give this recipe a try the next time you have a craving for a festive frozen dessert. It’s so easy and so incredibly delicious that you’ll want to make it every chance you get this holiday season.
You’ll also love our copycat McDonald’s Shamrock Shake.
💗 Why We Love This Recipe
- It’s no surprise that this eggnog milkshake is one of our favorite holiday drinks. With just four simple ingredients, this is a treat that you can whip up in minutes.
- This festive holiday shake tastes exactly like the one on the McDonald’s menu, but the best thing about it is that you can make it any time of year!
- Eggnog is a classic holiday treat, so this shake is a great addition to holiday traditions like Christmas movie nights, tree decorating, or parties.
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- vanilla ice cream
- vanilla extract
- whipped cream to garnish
- extra nutmeg to garnish
How to Make a Copycat McDonald’s Eggnog Shake
- Add the vanilla ice cream, eggnog, vanilla extract, and nutmeg to your blender.
- Blend the mixture until completely combined.
- Pour milkshake into your favorite glass and top with whipped cream and a dash of nutmeg
Tips and Suggestions
- For a thicker milkshake, reduce the eggnog to ½ cup or add some additional ice cream.
- If serving these with a straw, be sure to buy the ones specially made for milkshakes. They’re larger in diameter, so the shake won’t get stuck in the straw.
- Put your serving glasses in the freezer ahead of time. Serving this in a frosted glass will help to keep the milkshake cold.
- Add a maraschino cherry, some crushed gingersnaps, or a wafer cookie straw as an additional garnish.
- Make a boozy version by adding a shot or two of your favorite holiday spirit. Brandy or dark rum would be excellent choices.
- For even more eggnog flavor, you can start with eggnog flavored ice cream instead of vanilla.
Can I Use Light Ice Cream?
Sure – just about any vanilla ice cream will work in this recipe. You can also use French vanilla if you prefer.
Can I Freeze an Eggnog Milkshake?
Like all milkshakes, this will taste best if consumed immediately, but you can freeze it for later if you need to. Just be aware that the texture won’t be exactly the same after it has been frozen and thawed.
More Milkshake Recipes
- Frosted Lemonade
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Milkshake
- Fruity Pebbles Milkshake
- Frosted Sunrise
- Shamrock Shake
Copycat McDonald’s Eggnog Milkshake
- 3 ½ cups vanilla ice cream
- ¾ cup eggnog
- ¾ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream garnish
- In a blender, add the vanilla ice cream, eggnog, ground nutmeg, and vanilla extract.
- Blend until completely combined and smooth.
- Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream and extra nutmeg.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on @thebalancingmom and follow on Tiktok @balancingmotherhood and Pinterest @thebalancingmom for more!
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.
Leave a Review!