These Oreo Snowmen treats are the perfect way to have some easy and delicious winter fun. Oreo cookies form the base for this simple recipe. They’re covered in creamy white chocolate and then decorated with an assortment of candy to make the snowmen faces and earmuffs.
We love a no-bake recipe, and this is one of the most adorable ones we’ve seen. It’s simple to prepare and can be made with ingredients that you can find at your regular grocery store. With its festive snowman theme, this would make a fun and easy snow day or weekend activity for the winter months. But these treats also look impressive enough to take to a holiday party or add to your holiday cookie gift tray. And you can make them in advance, so you’ll always have an adorable and delicious treat ready to go for all your winter and holiday fun!
💗 Why We Love This Recipe
- It’s a kid-friendly recipe, and the whole family will have fun helping with the decorating.
- With their cute and festive appearance, these treats are perfect for a kids’ party or school event.
- This is an easy no-bake recipe that doesn’t require any special decorating tools but still looks impressive.
- The snowman theme makes this a perfect recipe for the holidays and throughout the winter months.
- Double Stuf Oreos – golden or regular
- white melting chocolate – we used Ghiradelli, but Wilson sells a great brand too
- black sugar pearl sprinkles
- orange Tic-Tacs
- sour straws (cut in half)
- chocolate M&Ms
🥄 How to make Oreo Snowmen
Step One: Cover the Oreos in White Chocolate
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
- Melt the white chocolate wafers in a double boiler on low until smooth.
- Dip an Oreo into the white chocolate so it is completely submerged and evenly coated.
- Lift it out with a fork and let the excess drip off before transferring it to the cookie sheet.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the Oreos
Step Two: Decorate
- Place two sugar pearls on the cookie to create the snowman’s eyes.
- Place an orange tic tac in the center of the Oreo to make the nose.
- Create the mouth using 4 or 5 black sugar pearls.
- For the earmuffs, attach the sour punch straw for the strap on top of the Oreo. You may need to hold it in place for a few seconds so the chocolate can firm up. Then attach one M&M on each side of the strap for the earmuffs.
- Decorate the rest of the Oreos then place the cookie sheets in the fridge for 15 minutes to set.
Tips and Suggestions:
- If you can’t find black pearls, you can use black sprinkles or draw the eyes and mouth with black icing.
- When dipping the Oreos, you may want to work in small batches and start decorating before you dip all the Oreos, so you can decorate before the chocolate sets..
- If you don’t have a double boiler, you can instead microwave the melting wafers according to package instructions. Make sure to work in small batches, as the white chocolate can clump if reheated too many times.
- Use Mega Stuff Oreos or select a different flavor of Oreo such as mint, peanut butter, or birthday cake.
- Replace the M&Ms with other candies such as Skittles or peppermint candies to make the earmuffs
How do I store Oreo Snowmen?
Place them in an airtight container and they should keep for up to two weeks. You can refrigerate them, but the chocolate may sweat a bit, so you can place a paper towel at the bottom of the container to minimize this.
- 2 baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- 24 double stuff Oreos golden or regular
- 20 ounces pakages ghiradelli white melting wafers
- black sugar pearl sprinkles
- orange tic tacs
- 2 ounces sour punch straws cut in half
- 3.14 oz M&Ms
- sprinkles optional
- Gather your ingredients then prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Using a double boiler, melt the white melting wafers on low heat until smooth.
- Take one golden Oreo and fully submerge it into the melted wafers and make sure it is evenly coated. Lift it out with a fork and lightly tap it on the edge of the pot a few times to remove the excess. Transfer it to the lined baking sheet then repeat with a couple more Oreos to work in small batches.
- Now it is time to decorate the snowmen faces. Add two sugar pearls for the eyes, then place an orange tic tac in the center for the nose. Give each snowman a smile by placing 5 sugar pearls under the tic tac.
- For the earmuffs, attach a 2 inch piece of sour punch straw for the strap. You may need to hold it in place for 10 seconds so the melts can firm up a bit. Then attach one M&M on each side of the strap.
- Repeat the steps with the rest of the Oreos. Then place the snowmen on the baking sheets into the fridge for 10 minutes or until fully set.
- If you have sprinkles, you can make some extra chocolate covered Oreos and sprinkle them on top. Place in the fridge until set.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on @thebalancingmom and follow on Tiktok @balancingmotherhood and Pinterest @thebalancingmom for more!
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.
Leave a Review!