Fourth of July brownie pizza is the perfect patriotic treat for any Independence Day celebration. This giant brownie shaped and decorated like a pizza is a fun and creative way to enjoy a classic party dessert.
Your Fourth of July picnic or cookout will be extra fun and festive with this patriotic Fourth of July brownie pizza. With a fudgy brownie crust, a layer of sweet cream cheese frosting, and red and blue toppings, this delicious dessert tastes great and looks terrific on your party table. Easy to make and always a crowd pleaser, this brownie can be cut into convenient and easy-to-eat slices, just like a pizza.
You can top it with patriotic sprinkles, your favorite red and blue candies, or fresh strawberries and blueberries. No matter what toppings you choose, it’s sure to be a summer party favorite. So forget the basic brownie recipes and wow your guests with this fun and delicious chocolate brownie pizza. You’ll also love our fruit pizza!
Why We Love This Recipe
- The festive 4th of July color scheme makes this a perfect dessert for your Independence Day parties and celebrations.
- The slices are easy to carry and serve, making this fun dessert pizza a great recipe for parties and picnics.
- The pizza shape is a fun twist on a traditional brownie. This sweet treat is a crowd pleaser that’s always popular with kids and adults alike.
- You can add your favorite mix-ins to the brownie batter or get creative with the toppings to make lots of fun variations on this easy recipe.
For the brownie crust:
- Butter, softened
- Unsweetened baking chocolate
- All purpose flour
- Large eggs
For the Icing:
- For the icing:
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- For decorating:
- Red, white, & blue M&Ms
- Red, white, & blue sprinkles
- Gold star sprinkles
How to Make A Brownie Pizza
Step One: Make the Brownie Batter
- Heat oven to 350 (or 325 if using a nonstick pan) and spray a 12-inch round pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter, sugar, and chocolate over low heat, stirring frequently until the mixture is melted and smooth. Add the vanilla extract and stir.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Add the chocolate mixture into the flour mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add the eggs and mix until well incorporated.
Step Two: Bake the Brownie Pizza Crust
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Step Three: Frost and Decorate
- Mix cream cheese and butter together with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add the vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar to the cream cheese mixture, beating well after each addition, until all the sugar is mixed in and the frosting is light and fluffy.
- Spread the frosting evenly across the top of the cooled brownie.
- Decorate with M&M’s and sprinkles.
- Slice into 8 or 16 equal pieces and enjoy!
Suggestions and Alternatives
- Be sure to use a pizza pan with raised sides, so it will hold your brownie batter. A pizza stone will not work for this recipe.
- This is a very thin brownie, so take care not to overbake or it may dry out.
- If you want to make a pattern or design with the toppings, it’s a good idea to lay it out on the counter beforehand so you can figure out the spacing. This will prevent you from having to rearrange icing-covered candies.
- Fresh fruit – Use fresh fruit, such as fresh blueberries, fresh raspberries, and fresh strawberries, in place of the M&Ms and sprinkles to decorate your pizza.
- Store bought – Use store bought brownie mix to save time. You can also use your favorite brownie recipe or blondie recipe to make the pizza base.
- Chocolate – Add some chocolate chips, peanut butter cups, or nuts to your brownie batter.
- Peanut butter – drizzle melted peanut butter (and chocolate syrup on top of the pizza.
How Do I Store Fourth of July Brownie Pizza?
Store your leftovers covered with foil or plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container. They should keep for up to a week in the refrigerator or up to three days at room temperature.
Can I Freeze Fourth of July Brownie Pizza?
Yes – you can freeze your leftovers for up to three months. Store the slices in a single layer in an airtight container or freezer bag, then thaw them in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
You’re going to love the chewy brownie base of this delicious brownie pizza.
Red White & Blue Brownie Pizza
For Brownie Crust:
- ½ cup butter softened
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the Icing:
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup butter 1/2 stick
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- red, white & blue M&M’s
- red, white & blue sprinkles
- gold star sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350, or 325 for a non-stick pan.
- Spray a 12 inch pizza pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium size saucepan melt butter, sugar, and unsweetened chocolate over low heat, stirring frequently, until all melted and smooth.
- Add in vanilla and stir to mix.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour and salt.
- Pour chocolate mixture in with the flour and thoroughly mix.
- Add in eggs and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour mixture in prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. This is a very thin brownie so don’t overbake!
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the icing:
- With an electric mixer cream together butter and cream cheese.
- Add in vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar beating well after each addition, until all the sugar is mixed in and the icing is light and fluffy.
- Spread the icing evenly across the cooled brownie.
- Decorate with M&M’s and sprinkles. If you want to make a pattern or design with the M&M’s lay it out on the counter to get an idea for spacing so that you don’t have to rearrange icing covered M&M’s!
- To serve-slice into 8 or 16 equal pieces and enjoy!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on @thebalancingmom and follow on Tiktok @balancingmotherhood and Pinterest @thebalancingmom for more!
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.
Leave a Review!