This sand bucket dessert is the cutest treat for all your summer parties. The whole family will have a great time creating this fun summer beach scene made with pudding and cake!
No one will be able to resist these adorable sand bucket desserts. They’re the perfect addition to your next pool party, picnic, or any summer gathering. Cheesecake flavored pudding is dyed a vibrant blue color and layered with white cake to form layers of water and sand in a mini plastic bucket. It’s topped off with a mini umbrella and a few Teddy Grahams lounging on a beach blanket.
This fun and festive dessert will be the talk of your next party. And it’s not only fun to look at and delicious to eat, but also so easy and fun to make that the kids will want to help out. Part recipe and part craft project, this sand bucket dessert is the ideal treat to accompany all your summer fun!
Why We Love This Recipe
- This eye-catching beach-themed dessert is perfect for summer parties.
- This sand bucket dessert looks like it came from a fancy bakery, but there’s no special equipment needed.
- Kids will have a blast helping you assemble these treats, and they’ll love eating them too!
- You can buy all the ingredients for these desserts at your regular grocery store.
- White cake
- Cake box ingredients (water, oil, and eggs)
- Blue sprinkles
- Cheesecake instant pudding
- Cold milk
- Blue food coloring
- Crushed vanilla wafers
- Teddy grahams
- Rainbow stripe candy
- Paper umbrellas
- Clear buckets (8 oz)
How to Make Sand Bucket Desserts
Step One: Make the Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, prepare the cake batter according to box directions. Add the juice of one lemon and the sprinkles to the cake mix.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Slice into bite size squares and set aside to cool.
Step Two: Prepare the Pudding
- Meanwhile, combine the cheesecake with the milk and whisk until combined and the pudding has thickened.
- Add in the blue food coloring a drop at a time, and mix until you reach your desired shade of blue.
Step Three: Assemble the Buckets
- Place a cake square into each bucket and top with the blue pudding.
- Top the blue pudding layer evenly with the vanilla wafer crumbs.
- Decorate the top of each bucket with an umbrella, 2 Teddy Grahams, and a beach blanket cut out of the rainbow stripe candy.
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving.
Tips and Suggestions
- You can leave out the lemon juice in the cake and just make the plain white cake and it will be just as delicious.
- If you don’t have mini plastic buckets, you can use clear plastic cups instead. The smaller size tends to work well if you’re serving these for kids.
- Use fruit roll ups in place of rainbow stripe candy for the beach blankets.
- You can use vanilla pudding in place of the cheesecake, if you prefer.
- In place of the Teddy Grahams, you can add some gummy starfish or turtles and a mini plastic shovel.
How Do I Store Sand Bucket Desserts?
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
How Can I Make My Sand Look More Realistic?
For that realistic sandy texture, top your desserts with a handful of Oreo crumbs. You’ll want to use mostly Golden Oreos with just a few of the chocolate ones mixed in to give you that speckled sand look.
Sand Bucket Dessert
- 10 10 ounce clear plastic buckets
- 8 paper umbrellas
- 15.25 ounces white cake mix water, oil and eggs the box calls for
- 1 lemon
- 1 ½ Tablespoons blue sprinkles
- 6.8 ounces cheesecake instant pudding mix 2 boxes
- 4 cups cold milk
- blue food coloring
- 1 ½ cups crushed vanilla wafers
- teddy bear graham crackers
- rainbow stripe candy
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the cake mix and the water, oil and eggs the box calls for.
- Add the juice of one lemon to the cake mix.
- Add the sprinkles to the cake mix.
- Pour the cake batter into a prepared 9 x 13 baking dish and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool.
- Slice chilled cake into bite-size squares.
- Prepare the pudding.
- Combine the cheesecake pudding mix with the milk and whisk.
- Add in the blue food coloring until you get your desired shade of blue.
- Divide the cake squares and place in the bottom of each of the 10 buckets.
- Next top each one with a spoon full of blue pudding.
- Sprinkle the crushed vanilla wafers on top of the pudding so it looks like sand.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Decorate the top of each one with an umbrella, 2 teddy bear graham crackers and a little beach blanket cut out of the rainbow stripe candy.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on @thebalancingmom and follow on Tiktok @balancingmotherhood and Pinterest @thebalancingmom for more!
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.
Leave a Review!