This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
Creamy cucumber salad is a light and refreshing side salad with crisp cucumber slices, fresh dill and tossed in a delicious sour cream dressing. It’s perfect for any summer meal.
Creamy Cucumber Salad
We love this recipe, especially in the summer, because it’s so fresh. The dill is the deal breaker because it adds a whallop of flavor that you can’t get with other herbs.
This salad tastes like it came right from the garden! It really is the best cucumber salad.
Creamy Cucumber Salad Ingredients
- cucumbers – you’ll need 2-3 cucumbers to make a side dish
- sour cream – just 3/4 cup
- cider vinegar – either apple cider or you can use a white vinegar
- water – 1/3 cup water
- sugar – this will counter the cider
- salt and pepper – we use 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 of pepper, but you can add it to taste
- dill – FRESH dill makes all the difference.
How to Make Cucumber Salad
Start by slicing two medium cucumbers. You can use a mandolin or just slice them thin with a knife. The thickness of each slice is up to you.
In a medium mixing bowl, make the dressing by mixing the sour cream, vinegar, and water until combined. Add the seasonings and stir again.
Pour the mixture over the sliced cucumbers and toss to coat all the cucumber slices. Refrigerate for a few hours so the flavors of the dressing can set.
Just before serving sprinkle some fresh dill on top.
How to Cut Cucumber for Salad?
All you need to do for this side salad is to cut the cucumbers into slices. You can do this with a regular kitchen knife, or use a mandolin.
Some people like to peel the skin off of the cucumber and you can certainly do that. I think if you don’t want the skin, a creative alternative is to slice the skin off in rows, leaving some of the skin on. This leaves some green in the salad and makes for a great presentation.
You will have extra dressing leftover so you can add more cucumbers if you want a larger salad.
Some people like to add red onion to the recipe.
Other Side Dish Recipes You’ll Love
- 2 medium cucumbers
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 TBSP fresh dill minced
- Slice cucumbers into coins, thin
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together sour cream, vinegar, water, sugar, salt, and pepper, and dill.
- Add sliced cucumbers and mix to completely cover cucumbers with the sour cream mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and drain excess liquid. Sprinkle with dill and serve.