This iced Pumpkin Spice Latte is the perfect treat to make at home and tastes just like Starbuck’s, full of creamy pumpkin and all the fall spices.
And, if you’re paleo try our Paleo pumpkin spice latte recipe.
Table of Contents
What Is a PSL?
PSL, or Pumpkin Spice Latte’s have been around for years now and are a fall staple. It’s a regular milk-based latte, with pumpkin spices and flavorings.
Starbuck’s is famous for them and they usually appear in stores around late August and continue through the fall months.
Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte Ingredients
- Caramel protein shake – we use this one and it’s delicious. You can get it on Amazon, or at most grocery stores and Sam’s or Costco. This latte will keep you full all morning because of this protein ingredient.
- sugar – regular, white sugar or a sugar substitute
- pumpkin puree – use regular pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling
- coffee – whatever kind of regular coffee, fully brewed
- cinnamon and nutmeg – these seasonings will give the full fall flavor
- whipped cream – for the top!
How To Make an Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte?
In a small mixing bowl combine protein shake, sugar, pumpkin puree, coffee, cinnamon, and nutmeg and whisk until combined.
You can uses a small hand-held blender, or actually put it in the blender for full effect.
Pour latte into two classes and top with whipped cream.
Tips and Suggestions
- Use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling
- Use a blender or electric device to fully incorporate the ingredients
- For a stronger pumpkin flavor, add another tablespoon of pumpkin puree
- Use decaf coffee if that’s what you normally drink
- Keep the leftover pumpkin puree and put it in the freezer so you’ll have it ready for your next batch of pumpkin spiced latte
Can I Save This For Later?
This recipe will make two lattes. If you want to drink one now and save one for later, just put the extra in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to drink it, just be sure to give is a good whisk again as the ingredients may separate.
Once it’s stirred again, it should be good to drink and will last a few days in the refrigerator.
How to Make a Hot Pumpkin Spice Latte?
In order to make the PSL hot, here’s what you need to do.
Put all of the ingredients in a small sauce pan and whisk over medium heat until ingredients are combined and latte is warm.
Pour into coffee mugs and top with whipped cream.
Want More Drink Recipes?
Starbucks Copycat Pumpkin Iced Latte
- 11 ounces Caramel protein shake
- 3 teaspoons sugar or sugar substitute
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 4 ounces cold coffee
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- whipped cream for garnish
- crushed graham crackers for garnish
- In a very large cup, mix ingredients, except for garnishes. Pour over two cups filled with ice.
- Top with whipped cream and graham crackers.
What’s For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.